45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

23 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

New witness---Rhona Graff

Rhona Graff is testifying adoringly upon cross-examination about the success of “The Apprentice,” calling it THE most popular television show and saying that Trump had acquired “rock-star status.” This was typical in the trial of Trump's company in 2022: Many of his former employees remain quite fond of their old boss, and seem happy to sing his praises.

In the past few minutes, we again heard the name of Hope Hicks, Trump’s spokeswoman during the 2016 campaign and in the White House. There was not, to my ear, a key reason to reintroduce Hicks, so it may be that prosecutors are seeking to set her up as a key witness.

Susan Hoffinger, the prosecutor, wraps up. Susan Necheles is now cross-examining Rhona Graff for the defense.

Trump cracks a small smile as Graff speaks glowingly of her time working for Trump. She says she never had the same day twice and called Trump “fair” as a boss.

We are now looking at a redacted entry from the Trump Organization's computer system that contains contact information for Karen McDougal and “Stormy.”

Susan Hoffinger, the prosecutor, is asking Graff to verify that she compiled records of various items like emails, contact lists and calendar entries.

Graff says her lawyers are being paid by the Trump Organization. This is a running theme with some witnesses close to Trump — he or his political-action committee have continued to pay their legal fees. Michael Cohen flipped on Trump, partly because the Trump Organization stopped paying his legal fees.

Graff is a witness covering her time working for the Trump Organization. It is common for companies to pay the legal fees of people dragged into litigation related to their employment, though people may also hire independent counsel.

Rhona Graff says she worked at the Trump Organization for 34 years. Her understanding was that Donald Trump owned the company and she worked directly for him.

Susan Hoffinger, the head of the district attorney’s investigations division, will question Graff, who is the second witness. Graff was Trump’s former assistant at the Trump Organization. Hoffinger, along with Joshua Steinglass, led the team that convicted Trump’s company two years ago.

Graff was Trump’s primary gatekeeper for many, many years.

“The people call Rhona Graff,” per Susan Hoffinger, one of the proecutors.

David Pecker is now off the stand.

It’s worth reiterating, as Emil Bove continues with re-cross-examination, that we have no idea how the jury is processing what they’re hearing from either the prosecution or the defense. These jurors have been quite stone-faced throughout. And trials exist for a reason: we don’t know the result until it’s done.

So tell me why Rhona Graff was called by the prosecution for a brief time on the stand and is now speaking glowingly of her former boss?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Strange tack to me to try and say that a media outlet doing something for a political candidate that is against their own business interests is SOP.  Paying for stories, whether to run them or bury them, may be SOP.  But certainly not knowingly to your own detriment. 

The idea that if some part of something is SOP then it all must be…doesn’t pass muster.   I would love to see an FDA inspector’s face when someone says that to them (not me or someone at my place of employment). 

We all know your bacon doesn’t pass muster

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Is ‘two minutes’ the new ‘two weeks!’ ???

I'm having major work done on my house today so this comment really hits close to home.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I attacked my pecker quite a bit back in the day…

Still do, but you used to, too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Poor whiny grandpa...

You know, this is how Trump thinks: 

"The courtroom is freezing to make ME uncomfortable" rather than "The courtroom is freezing.  I'm not the only uncomfortable" 

Its always about meeeee

Pick Me Season 10 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Hook 'Em 2

New witness--Gary Farro

Donald Trump’s motorcade left 100 Centre Street at 4:42 pm. A few dozen gawkers, including a small gaggle of conspicuous Trump supporters waving four large flags, strained in vain for a glimpse of the former president. Through the afternoon, those demonstrators traded chants of “We Love Trump” with another group of protesters, who yelled back, “Lock Him Up.”

Court will not be in session on Monday. We will be back Tuesday morning.

And now we're adjourned for the day. Trump looks utterly spent as he rises at the end of the long first week of testimony in his criminal trial. As he passes reporters, he grimaces, then glares, putting on a braver face as he leaves the courtroom.

The defense has already told the jurors that Michael Cohen is a liar who is out to get his revenge on Trump. But the witnesses have painted a slightly different portrait — of a very anxious, harried man, who, while he still worked for Trump, would do whatever he could for his boss. “Every time Michael Cohen spoke to me, he gave me a sense of urgency,” Gary Farro just said.

This material is dry but the prosecutor, Rebecca Mangold, is questioning Gary Farro slowly and deliberately. Farro said that Michael Cohen was eager to connect with him and wanted to open a limited liability company immediately. Farro then took steps to open an account for him and specified with his team that Cohen didn’t want addresses on the checks.

Trump is leaning forward, reading an email that is being read into evidence about Gary Farro missing a call from Michael Cohen.

Enter Michael Cohen, Trump's former fixer. “Do you know someone named Michael Cohen,” Rebecca Mangold, the prosecutor, asks. “Yes I do,” Farro answered. His knowledge of Cohen, who was assigned to him as a client, is the reason he’s here, of course.

For those familiar with Cohen, Farro is making a number of telling statements. He says that he was thought of as someone who was good at working with “individuals who may be a little challenging,” though he says he didn’t find Cohen “difficult.” He also comments on Cohen’s apparent excitement to be working for Trump.

After the first two witnesses testified about Trump’s personal behavior, we’re getting a dry recitation of banking transactions now, a reminder of what this trial’s charges relate to.

First Republic Bank, Gary Farro reminds the jurors, no longer exists. It was seized and sold by regulators last year, one of several banks that were the casualties of bank runs after interest rate hikes. Farro, colorfully, referred to this as “last year’s demise.”

Rebecca Mangold will question Gary Farro for the prosecution. She has been on the team for several years, and she typically sits with Christopher Conroy, another prosecutor, behind the main table. This may be the first time I’ve heard her speak in court.

Justice Merchan is back on the bench. Prosecutors call Gary Farro to the stand as the third witness.

Farro was a banker at First Republic when Michael Cohen was seeking to arrange the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels. Cohen, seeking to get the money together, was contacted by Farro’s assistant at First Republic Bank

Prosecutors forgot something very important — the jury. They will have to call Farro again once the jurors enter. It’s Friday afternoon, all right.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

New witness--Gary Farro

First Republic Bank, Gary Farro reminds the jurors, no longer exists.

Prosecutors forgot something very important — the jury. They will have to call Farro again once the jurors enter. It’s Friday afternoon, all right.

Farro reminded the jurors but the jury box was empty? Very confusing that no one noticed that jurors were not in attendance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

New witness--Gary Farro

Donald Trump’s motorcade left 100 Centre Street at 4:42 pm. A few dozen gawkers, including a small gaggle of conspicuous Trump supporters waving four large flags, strained in vain for a glimpse of the former president. Through the afternoon, those demonstrators traded chants of “We Love Trump” with another group of protesters, who yelled back, “Lock Him Up.”

Court will not be in session on Monday. We will be back Tuesday morning.

And now we're adjourned for the day. Trump looks utterly spent as he rises at the end of the long first week of testimony in his criminal trial. As he passes reporters, he grimaces, then glares, putting on a braver face as he leaves the courtroom.

The defense has already told the jurors that Michael Cohen is a liar who is out to get his revenge on Trump. But the witnesses have painted a slightly different portrait — of a very anxious, harried man, who, while he still worked for Trump, would do whatever he could for his boss. “Every time Michael Cohen spoke to me, he gave me a sense of urgency,” Gary Farro just said.

This material is dry but the prosecutor, Rebecca Mangold, is questioning Gary Farro slowly and deliberately. Farro said that Michael Cohen was eager to connect with him and wanted to open a limited liability company immediately. Farro then took steps to open an account for him and specified with his team that Cohen didn’t want addresses on the checks.

Trump is leaning forward, reading an email that is being read into evidence about Gary Farro missing a call from Michael Cohen.

Enter Michael Cohen, Trump's former fixer. “Do you know someone named Michael Cohen,” Rebecca Mangold, the prosecutor, asks. “Yes I do,” Farro answered. His knowledge of Cohen, who was assigned to him as a client, is the reason he’s here, of course.

For those familiar with Cohen, Farro is making a number of telling statements. He says that he was thought of as someone who was good at working with “individuals who may be a little challenging,” though he says he didn’t find Cohen “difficult.” He also comments on Cohen’s apparent excitement to be working for Trump.

After the first two witnesses testified about Trump’s personal behavior, we’re getting a dry recitation of banking transactions now, a reminder of what this trial’s charges relate to.

First Republic Bank, Gary Farro reminds the jurors, no longer exists. It was seized and sold by regulators last year, one of several banks that were the casualties of bank runs after interest rate hikes. Farro, colorfully, referred to this as “last year’s demise.”

Rebecca Mangold will question Gary Farro for the prosecution. She has been on the team for several years, and she typically sits with Christopher Conroy, another prosecutor, behind the main table. This may be the first time I’ve heard her speak in court.

Justice Merchan is back on the bench. Prosecutors call Gary Farro to the stand as the third witness.

Farro was a banker at First Republic when Michael Cohen was seeking to arrange the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels. Cohen, seeking to get the money together, was contacted by Farro’s assistant at First Republic Bank

It looks like your updates are now going in reverse chronological order. Or I'm having a stroke. 

Regardless, thank you for the continued updates.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So no ruling, waste of time.

Got it.

it is sort of astonishing. All of us in the legal community know we work at your pleasure and on your timeline.

I will tell those who need to know to make sure the judge only gets a half scoop of gruel tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

it is sort of astonishing. All of us in the legal community know we work at your pleasure and on your timeline.

I will tell those who need to know to make sure the judge only gets a half scoop of gruel tonight.

Yours is the only profession that can drag something like the contempt thing out for days.  Any other profession, you’re getting run off for milking it this much.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I am not a Trump supporter and there is no way in hell I will vote for Biden. It makes me sad that these two seem to be the best this country has to offer.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Thank you!  Please also ensure that it is the extra watery gruel, as our vexation is quite great.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Sarcasm may be missed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yours is the only profession that can drag something like the contempt thing out for days.  Any other profession, you’re getting run off for milking it this much.

it is not milking it. They continue to collect gag order violations and submit them.   The judge does not want the jurors or his staff attacked by Trump cretins.  The judge wants to have enough hard, empirical evidence that he won’t be reversed and give Trump a win.  and the judge is probably overthinking it, but since Trump wants to be held in contempt, the judge is trying to figure out the best way to handle it so it’s not in Trump’s benefit.    As has been said numerous times, contempt sanctions are usually incremental.  so let the judge do what is best for the safety of the jurors and the staff, and for the legitimacy of the verdict when it comes, and for the judges reputation by having whatever hammer may come be a sanction that sticks. All of those things may not lead to immediate justice. But immediate justice needs finessing when the person you want to sanction wants you to sanction him.  

I have been impressed with this judge and the way he has handled his courtroom do far, and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah why don’t you sit it out and not worry about it. Must be nice to have such privilege 

If I sit it out I will not be licensed to batch, my opinion will mean nothing 

• Fuck You 1

Never said that, I may have to sit this one out and not bitch or cry for four years
By not voting, you are making a choice. Getty Lee/ shivers/ said something about that.

"Well I sat out elections when Hitler was consolidating power".

I'm a dense mofo, but wake up my man.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yep.  And let's just remember how brave RGB was for staying on the bench until the very end.  Brilliant gameplan.  

Y'll better hope Biden wins and can replace a dying Thomas or Alito because Sotomayor ain't getting any healthier.  

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yep.  And let's just remember how brave RGB was for staying on the bench until the very end.  Brilliant gameplan.  

Y'll better hope Biden wins and can replace a dying Thomas or Alito because Sotomayor ain't getting any healthier.  

I think we know we are all fucked if Biden loses.  In every way.

Edited by Biff Tannen
I mean, I'll be ok. But all of y'all, totally fucked.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Like Danny DeVito says in "The War of the Roses", there is no winning here, only degrees of losing.

Trump dies of natural causes.  25mm fail to accept it.  Commit to a cult-like hive mind that he was killed by the deep state or is still alive and running a shadow government in exile.  You think they're fucking insane now, wait until this historical path comes to fruition.  

Trump loses the election.  Probably the more likely outcome.  Most Republicans just move on and plot for bicameral control.  But again, 25mm don't accept it and take to the streets in violent protest.  

Trump is imprisoned.  Highly unlikely.  But still possible.  Again, blood in the streets.

Biden loses in a legit fashion due to EC.  Sorry, I was raised to leave a place better then you found it.  But, and is not Baldwin-esque theatrics...I can relocate within 90 days, thru family, to Costa Rica, Portugal, Mexico, or right of return to Israel.  In-laws wouldn't be too happy about it.  But while they're cheering on a new Trump administration and him having SCOTUS judges imprisoned, I'll be sitting on a beach earning 20%. 

Full disclosure, I will have this website shut down by UT for some sort of hyped-up licensing bullshit claim and all this anti-Trump shit will disappear like a fart in the wind.  He wouldn't bother scrubbing a college football board for anti-Trump positions, but his minions on this site would gleefully send in our posts about him and we will have checkmarks placed against our IP addresses and there will be no shortage in Texas of meathooks on which to hang enemies of the state.  

Trump isn't the one I'm worried about.  He's too stupid and weak to anything of fatality.  It's his moronic foot-soldiers, hundreds of which proudly reside here, that give me great pause for the safety of my family.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, B1G said:

I am not a Trump supporter and there is no way in hell I will vote for Biden. It makes me sad that these two seem to be the best this country has to offer.

B1G huh? Any chance that B1G refers to Ohio? If so, Biden says you're welcome for the infrastructure and all the jobs 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, B1G said:

You are a trump enabler 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Trump dies of natural causes.  25mm fail to accept it.  Commit to a cult-like hive mind that he was killed by the deep state or is still alive and running a shadow government in exile.  You think they're fucking insane now, wait until this historical path comes to fruition.  

I think this is the most likely scenario, whether he gets "elected" or not.  It's going to be fucking lit.

^

Yeah, while he is consciously in complete denial of his own mortality...the stress of all this is physiologically taking a massive toll on him whether people like it or not.  I think it comes to a head in Autumn/Winter.  But knowing him he can certainly last for a couple more years after defeat to grift and cement his adoration circuit and legacy, however twisted those might be. 

When he loses, if he's half-smart...he'll open yet another fundraising scam stolen from Lobo himself.  He'll raise money off a bullshit scheme to build a Presidential Library that'll never see the light of day.  But in the end, however and whenever he dies.  There will absolutely be 25mm Americans that completely refuse to accept that reality.  And some of them will act out violently, particularly since many of us will be running around the streets smoking cocaine and chanting in tongues and dancing with topless women whilst drinking tequila from between their ass cheeks.  

I am starting to think since he has very loyal protection, may hang on to life due to good genes, that the easiest way for him to go out (for the sake of the nation) is for him to have some sort of accident broadcasted on national television.  That way, it doesn't look like Deep State interference or a plot or conspiracy shit.  Just an old fat guy who fell down a flight of stairs and hit his head or something akin to that.  You can't fuck with his motorcade or his plane, too obvious.  We've talked about the food distribution system at Mar-a-Lago, where you know precisely when and what he's going to eat on most days.  Same with his trial venues.  Nobody can get to him because again, the obvious stirring the pot of Deep State conspiracies.  Easiest way to quell his disciples is for him to just have plain ole' bad luck for an old, fat guy.  Sure a few people will still get nuts about it, but most will just shrug and say, "Yeah, I guess shit just happens to our heroes when they're pushing 80yo/300#.  Been there myself."  

• Drool 1

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

many of us will be running around the streets smoking cocaine and chanting in tongues and dancing with topless women whilst drinking tequila from between their ass cheeks.  

Oh, so you've seen my retirement plans?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, B1G said:

Asking Nicely Star Trek GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh, so you've seen my retirement plans?

Yep.  401k is the amount of money you and I will spend on hookers, blow, and purposely torching a Trump flag adorned F-250, watching the flames from behind the protection of Thermonuclear Oakleys.  Don't get me wrong, I'm probably gonna sell you out at the trial to save my own ass, but dammit...we're gonna have some big fun before that.  I should probably up my umbrella policy.