Cheerleaders in a parking lot? That’s a blasting.

CooterBrown

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/elgin-heb-shooting/269-6e612083-9472-4b33-9fcc-6d855e2c5e44

A man is in custody after police say he shot two people in the parking lot of an H-E-B off US 290 in Elgin early Tuesday morning.

The Elgin Police Department (EPD) said at approximately 12:15 a.m. on April 18, officers were dispatched to the H-E-B located at 1080 E. US 290 for a call of shots fired. While officers were responding to the scene, EPD received an additional call for a shooting victim in the 800 block of State Highway 95 North.

Police determined the two incidents were related. According to EPD, information suggests that an altercation occurred in the H-E-B parking lot. Multiple shots were fired into a vehicle, and two occupants were struck.

One victim was treated and released on the scene, while the other victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to a hospital by helicopter.

Lynne Shearer, one of the owners of Woodlands Elite Cheer in the Houston area, confirmed that two of the team's cheerleaders were the victims involved. She said that one of the athletes was not seriously injured, while the other remains in intensive care. Two other cheerleaders from the team were also on the scene, but they were not injured.

Shearer said the four cheerleaders have been driving back and forth from the Austin area to the team's location in Oak Ridge, all season. She said the girls all carpool together from the Austin area, so they regularly all park their cars at the H-E-B in Elgin.

Shearer said the cheerleaders left practice at about 9:30 p.m. Monday and arrived at the H-E-B between midnight and 12:15 a.m.

"They pulled up, unfortunately to the wrong car. They thought it was one of the girl's cars – she went to get in the car, realized that there was somebody in there. She, I think, originally thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's somebody in my car,' and then she realized, 'Wait, this isn't my car,'" Shearer said. "Then the guy, from what we understand, the guy got out. She jumped back in her car, rolled down the window to apologize and say, 'I'm sorry, I thought this was my car,' and they saw that he had a gun."

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/elgin-heb-shooting/269-6e612083-9472-4b33-9fcc-6d855e2c5e44

A man is in custody after police say he shot two people in the parking lot of an H-E-B off US 290 in Elgin early Tuesday morning.

The Elgin Police Department (EPD) said at approximately 12:15 a.m. on April 18, officers were dispatched to the H-E-B located at 1080 E. US 290 for a call of shots fired. While officers were responding to the scene, EPD received an additional call for a shooting victim in the 800 block of State Highway 95 North.

Police determined the two incidents were related. According to EPD, information suggests that an altercation occurred in the H-E-B parking lot. Multiple shots were fired into a vehicle, and two occupants were struck.

One victim was treated and released on the scene, while the other victim sustained serious injuries and was transported to a hospital by helicopter.

Lynne Shearer, one of the owners of Woodlands Elite Cheer in the Houston area, confirmed that two of the team's cheerleaders were the victims involved. She said that one of the athletes was not seriously injured, while the other remains in intensive care. Two other cheerleaders from the team were also on the scene, but they were not injured.

Shearer said the four cheerleaders have been driving back and forth from the Austin area to the team's location in Oak Ridge, all season. She said the girls all carpool together from the Austin area, so they regularly all park their cars at the H-E-B in Elgin.

Shearer said the cheerleaders left practice at about 9:30 p.m. Monday and arrived at the H-E-B between midnight and 12:15 a.m.

"They pulled up, unfortunately to the wrong car. They thought it was one of the girl's cars – she went to get in the car, realized that there was somebody in there. She, I think, originally thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's somebody in my car,' and then she realized, 'Wait, this isn't my car,'" Shearer said. "Then the guy, from what we understand, the guy got out. She jumped back in her car, rolled down the window to apologize and say, 'I'm sorry, I thought this was my car,' and they saw that he had a gun."

I saw this story earlier today. Anyone who follows my posts on this board knows I'm not excusing the shooter, but I did wonder what parents are letting their teenage kids drive back and forth from The Woodlands to Round Rock in the middle of the night for cheerleaders practice??? Is there no place to participate in these activities in Austin?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

hopefully everyone heals up quick, horrible incident  

Club / Select / All Star-cheer are one HUUUUGE grift. It’s ruined hs sports for sure. These parents are at the will of these people running the orgs. What the hell were these girls from the woodlands doing in round rock / elgin on a fucking school night. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

hopefully everyone heals up quick, horrible incident  

Club / Select / All Star-cheer are one HUUUUGE grift. It’s ruined hs sports for sure. These parents are at the will of these people running the orgs. What the hell were these girls from the woodlands doing in round rock / elgin on a fucking school night. 

Yeah, don't disagree in the least, but I think you have directions reversed. I read it that they all live in the Austin/Round Rock area and use that HEB in Elgin as the car pool spot in between there and The Woodlands. Not that it makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Can we have the mods go ahead and post the same old trope that is about to get posted so we can skip ahead to actual news of this event?  

Listen here, pal, this ain’t over till the obligatory correction of clip to magazine!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

This one wasn't a murder - yet - so the shooter was justified in neutralizing the cheerleader who had threatened him by mistakenly approaching the wrong car. 

I try not to shoot cheerleaders who mistakenly approach my car.  YMMV.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I try not to shoot cheerleaders who mistakenly approach my car.  YMMV.

I'll admit that I don't roll through Elgin often. I usually take the 71 route between Austin and Houston, but I'm going to continue avoiding Elgin due to the roving gangs of cheerleaders at HEB.

6 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Listen here, pal, this ain’t over till the obligatory correction of clip to magazine!

If author, Marine combat veteran, and former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs Bing West uses “clip” in his writing then I’m going to consider that an acceptable term to use. The gun nuts fetishizing over that “correction” are just blowing smoke. 

Sure is a high rate of idiots with guns deciding that it's go time. It's like everyone with a gun and a chip on their shoulder started believing that Falling Down is a lifestyle to emulate. 

How in the fuck are there so many rEsPoNsIbLe GuN oWnErS out there being irresponsible with their guns?? It's almost like they're too easy to get, and we are seeing the social finding out of that fucking around. It's just that it's mostly children and innocent people getting gunned down, just like how all the RREEEEEEEEEDONTTAKEMYGUNSSSSS people planned right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

About the victim in the hospital:

Cheerleading coach Kevin Tonner confirms that victim is Payton Washington, a young woman whom he's worked with for almost 10 years who is also a student at Stoney Point. He calls Payton hardworking, genuine and special.

A GoFundMe has been started by gym Woodlands Elite Generals to help raise money for Payton's medical expenses, saying she faces a "long road to recovery." 

"She's really a huge face in the all-star cheerleading world – she's a mentor and a role model to so many kids in this industry. She's an amazing athlete, amazing kid. So everybody knows her and everybody's praying for her," Shearer said. 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/coaches-cheerleader-shooting-victim/269-0baae0e1-4408-49b4-8b19-66ab183ad468

In this update, they say she only has one lung.

Not just a cheerleader

• Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, royiv said:

I saw this story earlier today. Anyone who follows my posts on this board knows I'm not excusing the shooter

It sounds like you are. And that you live under a rock. People participating in club or select sports in far away cities is common practice. Some of the Austin Banditos select baseball teams fly in players from New Jersey and Florida for tournaments. You can argue if that’s really necessary but the reality is people do stuff like that in all sports. Not sure why you think that means they deserve to be shot.

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

About the victim in the hospital:

Cheerleading coach Kevin Tonner confirms that victim is Payton Washington, a young woman whom he's worked with for almost 10 years who is also a student at Stoney Point. He calls Payton hardworking, genuine and special.

A GoFundMe has been started by gym Woodlands Elite Generals to help raise money for Payton's medical expenses, saying she faces a "long road to recovery." 

"She's really a huge face in the all-star cheerleading world – she's a mentor and a role model to so many kids in this industry. She's an amazing athlete, amazing kid. So everybody knows her and everybody's praying for her," Shearer said. 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/coaches-cheerleader-shooting-victim/269-0baae0e1-4408-49b4-8b19-66ab183ad468

In this update, they say she only has one lung.

Not just a cheerleader

He probably got scared. She looks like a thug. I bet she's packing.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

When this is your takeaway, you are a sad, sad human being. 

You are an embarrassment to this board. 

dude....  this board has very, very low standards, I mean fiuck half the posters are lawyers

we have shitloads of embarrassment all over this board

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Y'all are going to lose your 'right' to play cowboys and indians.
It will be awhile (to be more specific, it will happen once all of the kids that grew up having to do active shooter drills are our elected officials), but it will happen.
And outside of a few members of the well-regulated militia, when it's time to turn in your toys, you'll line up and do it.
Then a few decades after that, once we're all dead and gone, American society will look back and say 'wow, remember when we use to just let every moron in society walk around with a gun and it resulted in gun deaths being the leading cause of death of American kids? That was really fucked up.' 
So get out there, Cowboys, and pew! pew! your way through this war zone we call society. You're on the clock!

I think this post says a lot of things. Combined with some of your other posts it paints the picture of what gun rights activists often claim but then typically denied by the left.

So thank you for that - you’re excitement over shootings and/or possible shootings is noted.

That’s a weird thing to get off on, but you do you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

dude....  this board has very, very low standards, I mean fiuck half the posters are lawyers

we have shitloads of embarrassment all over this board

And the other half are gonna start cruising the HEB in Elgin around midnight hoping they can get one of them cheerleaders trapped in their car. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

When this is your takeaway, you are a sad, sad human being. 

You are an embarrassment to this board. 

Says the guy who internet stalks a bunch of women and posts their pics on a message board. 

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It sounds like you are. And that you live under a rock. People participating in club or select sports in far away cities is common practice. Some of the Austin Banditos select baseball teams fly in players from New Jersey and Florida for tournaments. You can argue if that’s really necessary but the reality is people do stuff like that in all sports. Not sure why you think that means they deserve to be shot.

Go re-read my shit on this board, moron. I hate gun violence. I don't think everyone should be armed. In a related hot take, I also think asking teenagers to commute between The Woodlands and Round Rock on a weeknight for club activities might be a little excessive. That hot take is completely unrelated to the shooting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I think this post says a lot of things. Combined with some of your other posts it paints the picture of what gun rights activists often claim but then typically denied by the left.

So thank you for that - you’re excitement over shootings and/or possible shootings is noted.

I don't give a flying fuck what you think, Cowboy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Yes, I bet you are excitement over shootings like this because it always leads to a bump in sales in the arms trade. Gun sales have been through the roof since sandy hook. Gun deaths too, despite all the extra guns that are supposed to make us safer and less likely to be murdered in an act of random violence. 

But I'm sure there's no correlation between the two amirite????

Yes, I bet you are excitement over shootings like this because it always leads to a bump in sales in the arms trade. Gun sales have been through the roof since sandy hook. Gun deaths too, despite all the extra guns that are supposed to make us safer and less likely to be murdered in an act of random violence. 
But I'm sure there's no correlation between the two amirite????

No, I hate it.

I don’t sell guns to anyone I dont want to sell guns too. I’ve stopped too many sales to count. I don’t get commission on sales.

13 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I don't think the guy who makes his living selling deadly weapons and gloats about the number of ARs he sells in a week can joke about getting off to shootings. The truth is you make a living off of manufactured fear and idolatry. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Club cheer is not cheap. So it gets my spidey senses tingling when a go fund me is started. Does this family pay for that but not have health insurance?  Do they have insurance but can’t afford the out-of-pocket?

Some of the really talented ones get sponsored have their club dues waived.

2 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Yes actually.
I went to thundercloud last week and got a cookie with my sandwich. Their cookies are underrated for sure.

So what kind of heat do you pack when you're at Thundercloud? I'm looking for suggestions since ordering sandwiches has become very scary. Recognizing that you need a full array of weaponry to fully meet the needs of the modern man, I assume it's different than your Easter brunch gun? You're never fully dressed without a gun!

• Drool 1