2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

9 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Major was a medical retirement. He was professional wrestler for a little while, did music production, and a bunch of other shit. 

Christmas-Giles also was heavy in the music scene during his time in Austin. 

De'Gabriel Floyd also had a really successful song a few years back under the name LMB DG

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I guess your location tag doesn’t have to be accurate on that platform huh

Elon's Twitter stopped paying for geolocation info from foursquare back in March.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/good-luck-tagging-your-specific-location-on-twitter-anymore

Twitter’s sense of place is getting fuzzier: At the end of last week, the service appears to have dropped a location-tagging feature it added in 2015, leaving users unable to mark a tweet at a spot more precise than a neighborhood. 

This option, based on the location-data firm Foursquare’s platform, let people geotag a tweet with a specific venue in Foursquare’s vast database by tapping the pushpin icon below a tweet. Now, tapping that button offers much less specific identifiers—“Midtown South” in Manhattan instead of a particular coffee shop there, for example.

not to worry, they still use your location to target ads.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

Stampede

Spoiler

The transfer portal’s No. 12 ranked player in UTSA EDGE Trey Moore made the short trip from San Antonio to the Forty Acres for a visit over the weekend. Sources told me the visit went well and at this current moment, everything remains the same with the Longhorns being the leaders in my eyes. Even though Texas is the long time dream school, it’s hard to turn down Larry Johnson and his past work of producing first-round defensive line talent when he and Ohio State come calling. That said, next up on the docket for Moore will be a visit out to Columbus to see what the Buckeyes have to offer. 

While many players are being patient in their approach to committing to schools, a source tells me that Moore and his camp are hoping to have their portal recruitment wrapped up by the end of next weekend. Again, I still view the Longhorns as the leader and Austin, Texas as the eventual landing spot for Moore, but with Ohio State getting him to campus for a visit and a decision expected to come by the end of the week — it’s the definition of crunch time for the Texas staff as they look to beat out the Buckeyes for the No. 2 ranked EDGE in the transfer portal. -- Jordan Scruggs 

Andrew Mukuba. (Photo: Cory Fravel, 247Sports)

As reported by Horns247’s Hank South, Clemson safety transfer Andrew Mukuba has upcoming visits scheduled to see Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas, and USC. Of the five schools Mukuba is visiting, I’m expecting the decision to come down to the Ducks and the Longhorns. Ole Miss will likely be third place in my eyes, but for Oklahoma and USC I just don’t see it happening right now. It’s been well-documented that the Longhorns have the angle of having Mukuba’s high school head coach Jahmal Fenner on staff as the Director of High School Relations. While having Fenner certainly helps Texas, having Mukuba’s close friend and fellow Austin native Jahdae Barron on the roster certainly helps as well. I’m by no means expecting Barron to come back for another season but it’s without question that it’s a plus for Texas that Barron has a close relationship with Mukuba. Out of the five contenders I think Texas is currently the best positioned to land the No. 1-ranked safety in the Transfer Portal with all the factors the Longhorns have going in their favor compared to the other programs involved, but there’s lots of time left and Mukuba will take as long as he feels necessary (obviously before Jan. 2) to come to his decision. -- Jordan Scruggs 

Prior to him entering the portal, I’d reported on the close relationship between Houston wide receiver transfer Matthew Golden and former Houston wide receivers coach Daikiel Shorts. Shorts was one of, if not the best assistants on the Cougars coaching staff and now that he’s on the market he’s been in touch with several programs including a few notable SEC schools, among others. While I’m in no position to report which schools Shorts is in communication with due to obvious reasons, I can report that depending on where and how soon Shorts lands at his next role, there could be a ripple effect with Golden’s recruitment. To continue on that same note, I’ve been told by sources the five schools to watch for Golden are Texas, LSU, Georgia, Louisville, and Miami. Even though we’ve already seen the potential position coach and transfer package fall through in the form of Brennan Marion and Jordan Addison, it still happens somewhat often and it’s something I’m monitoring. Nonetheless, expect Golden to take a measured approach as he works on scheduling visits out. -- Jordan Scruggs 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I read that Isaiah Neyor is entering the transfer portal but I don't see any posts about this. What am I missing, besides my short-term memory and stamina, flexibility, etc? 

It's a couple pages ago. No one was very surprised or sad about it so there wasn't much to say.

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope he’s a backburner option. Give me Golden as a returner and sort of a project + Mitchell or better option. 

I would be interested to see how the coaching staff ranks the WR board because the vibe I'm getting is this board is drastically undervaluing Burks. 

Wiltfong is saying almost everyone wants Burks and he's a NFL talent that's played for a bad team/QB. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Major was a medical retirement. He was professional wrestler for a little while, did music production, and a bunch of other shit. 

Christmas-Giles also was heavy in the music scene during his time in Austin. 

Christmas-Giles is apparently now a marijuana distributor.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/d-andre-christmas-b6ba55144/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.