2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Babers said today that teams are hurting Texas defenses by formations that are forcing Texas safeties into coverage since PK does not allow the nickelback to travel.

So going forward, Texas might adjust by having better cover DBs that can play both nickelback and safety... interchangeable DBs.

Long explanation starts around 40:30 mark.

Coverage, speed, and interchangeable are key characteristics for nickel/safeties going forward.  Shut-down corners that will press more often too.  

I agree with Rods theory that Texas wants to man press more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think not succeeding at Texas was the reality check. No shame in transferring out to get playing time at a smaller school. 

Actually yeah there is....If you don't have a future in the NFL you're better off staying on scholarship and getting a degree from UT then chasing some bs pro football career by going to UNT...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Actually yeah there is....If you don't have a future in the NFL you're better off staying on scholarship and getting a degree from UT then chasing some bs pro football career by going to UNT...

Damn Mattess Mack really fucked up then. How will he ever recover?

No matter the player most have the dream of making it to the league until they don’t. They have a better chance of that by transferring and playing. Just because they didn’t work out her doesn’t mean they can’t be good at their new school. 

Also they probably didn’t have much of a choice to stay 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

The portal works both ways. It’s not just disgruntled players choosing to leave, half of the portal is filled with kids that were pushed out.

I don’t know why this is so hard for some people to understand. I’m sure Sark was nice about it, but Brice, Turner-Gooden and Allen, were all essentially told they should look elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That is interesting because Gabriel is there as well.

QB of the future. 

The interesting part of it is, what does this mean for Austin Novosad?

Even more interesting is, he was actually committed to those guys as a HS recruit before UCLA snagged him late.

Edited by Atticus

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Babers said today that teams are hurting Texas defenses by formations that are forcing Texas safeties into coverage since PK does not allow the nickelback to travel.

So going forward, Texas might adjust by having better cover DBs that can play both nickelback and safety... interchangeable DBs.

Long explanation starts around 40:30 mark.

Coverage, speed, and interchangeable are key characteristics for nickel/safeties going forward.  Shut-down corners that will press more often too.  

200.gif

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

QB of the future. 

The interesting part of it is, what does this mean for Austin Novosad?

Even more interesting is, he was actually committed to those guys as a HS recruit before UCLA snagged him late.

I guess Baylor is after Malik? They should put together a nice NIL package for Novosad. They need a QB. 

3 hours ago, ousux said:
11 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Monday morning updates of former Texas players

LTG to San Jose St
image.png.84bc86360f01a49f5b0c477dc02006de.png
BJ Allen and X'Avion Brice to North Texas
image.png.95545c7f0911770b2983224de6d3ebea.png
image.png.f58966f541087e9e6c4d93fbea386794.png

So none of them found quite the demand from the big boys they were expecting. Hopefully this is a learning experience for other prospective portal hoppers. (Assuming they don't need to jump in the motherfucker for reasons of they'll never play a down at Texas)

I doubt these boys really wanted to leave, but the "honest conversation" Sark has with guys at the end of the regular season informed them where they stand in the pecking order. They may have had no option to stay at UT and still pursue a FB career after being passed up by true freshman & a former walk-on plus being recruited over with an über talented class of '24 group coming in. 

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Am I the only one just getting mostly flashing orange boxes on getafix’ post? I’d like to see the ag tizzy.

Crap ... looks like I'll have to redo that. 

(They were just praising the guy to high heaven, and thirsting after him like only the Ags can ... ).

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.