2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

14 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

After they get killed despite having not 11, not 12, but 55 men, they can start a new tradition: the 56th man. Everyone makes cult noises and waves either a telescope (underclassmen) or a wallet about. It symbolizes their need to search and ability to pay for a bigger, better team.

Who said it stops at 👀

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

On3 national guy says he doesn't think Evan Stewart ends up at Texas or Bama', and that neither program is really talking to him.  Mentioned FSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, USC, and Oregon.

He needs to go somewhere and drop the prima donna routine. He's young. He can still correct.

There's nothing to be done about it, but all of the attention given to high school footballers leading up to their selection  announcement can't generally be a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

On3 national guy says he doesn't think Evan Stewart ends up at Texas or Bama', and that neither program is really talking to him.  Mentioned FSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, USC, and Oregon.

USC, Ole Miss, and Tennessee would make the most sense for continuing to get away with murder. 

17 hours ago, Getafix said:

- Except the prism through which they are looking at this move, as well as pretty much all other moves (including something as broad and significant as a coaching change), is whether or not it would help them beat Texas.  The centerpiece of their asinine "Plan 2024".

- And this guy (as Chuckie pointed out) is the Aggiest of Aggies ... here's another sample from him

image.thumb.png.aa4d32bf49979a92df4c6f95fc749d1b.png

“Low information” sounds like code for something I can’t quite put my finger on…

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Burton said this morning it's 90/10 that J'Tavion Sanders goes pro. So yeah, will need a portal TE.

I wonder if we go after someone proven or a young guy with potential like 3rd string Georgia TE Pearce Spurlin or lisfranc injured Oronde Gadsden.

Edited by Bevo

10 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Our high school TE recruiting between Sanders and Washington has been pretty suspect.

I watched Spencer Shannon's high school tape and he didn't seem to have much lower body strength and wasn't that coordinated to get open in the receiving game. He has to get stronger legs and stay lower on his blocks for him to be a quality TE at the college level.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Apparently he got word he's likely the second TE off the board behind Bowers.

I feel like this was already common knowledge. Most of the biggest draft geeks have had him rated as the #2 TE all year long.

The Sanders staying stuff always seemed like wishcasting to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I watched Spencer Shannon's high school tape and he didn't seem to have much lower body strength and wasn't that coordinated to get open in the receiving game. He has to get stronger legs and stay lower on his blocks for him to be a quality TE at the college level.

He’s quite literally redshirting so he can develop. He’s our inline guy anyhow. 

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He’s quite literally redshirting so he can develop. He’s our inline guy anyhow. 

We are looking at who else will be able to play at a high level next year besides Gunnar Helm. It is a pretty short list.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Juan Davis? Yeah we need a portal TE for sure. No offense to the guy but that's like saying "We've got Charles Wright so we'll be fine at QB". 

We’ll if that’s a valid comparison I agree. I figured Davis could grow into a role like Helm had this year but I’m not privy to his development. 

3 minutes ago, AP101S said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1682239859

Offensive Notes:

- Sanders is unlikely to return. Not sure about Ewers or Brooks. Leaving them in until I hear something definitive.

- Mitchell is not listed, but he might return.

- Majors was recognized on Senior Day (which is why he is in italics), but is expected to be back.

image.thumb.png.0c6c29983fe47011708e0cb78c388171.png

Defensive Notes:

- Carter, Gbenda, and Watts were all recognized on Senior Day, but are expected to be back.

- There's a lot of position flexibility, so not sure where to put some of these names (e.g., Mukuba might start at Star).

- Not sure who will be starting at Mike. I showed Gbenda and Hill as starters, but I thought they both played Will, so not sure how it will end up.

- Never sure who to put as Buck vs. Sam, especially the RS FR.

image.thumb.png.706b469583099d2de4c041bab3160276.png

After the addition of Trey Moore, Burton thinks Hill will be the starting Mike next year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AP101S said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1682239859

Offensive Notes:

- Sanders is unlikely to return. Not sure about Ewers or Brooks. Leaving them in until I hear something definitive.

- Majors was recognized on Senior Day (which is why he is in italics), but is expected to be back.

Defensive Notes:

- Carter, Gbenda, and Watts were all recognized on Senior Day, but are expected to be back.

- There's a lot of position flexibility, so not sure where to put some of these names (e.g., Mukuba might start at Star).

- Not sure who will be starting at Mike. I showed Gbenda and Hill as starters, but I thought they both played Will, so not sure how it will end up.

Where's Collins?

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Hill and Lefau are the two starting LB's next year.

It's always difficult to interpret what's fact and fiction from the 9.95ers but it definitely sounds like the staff is really high on Lefau. Sark has mentioned him a couple times in press conferences too. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Juan Davis has disappointed me. I’m sure that keeps him up at night. 

Why? He has been behind a future day-one or two pick. He’s not an inline TE, so he wasn’t going to play there either.

We’ll know this spring whether or not he’ll ever be a contributor. Though, it’s likely Texas goes grabs a better replacement for Sanders and Davis transfers. However, it’s not like Davis hasn’t lived up to expectations. He was always a project. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, AP101S said:

Offensive Notes:

Defensive Notes:

If Holmes starts over Brooks then Kwitabiglobowski and Joseph will need restraining orders against me. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm certainly no daddy98, but I went through a little of his film too and had some of the same thoughts. It looks to me like one of his main issues is that he has a tendency to block too high mostly without enough knee/hip bend (and he's admittedly 6'7' allegedly which makes it harder). I have to agree that he didn't show much in the passing game - but if his role is to be a blocking surface, I have zero issue with the take. He just needs to spend plenty of time in the weight room and working on his technique with Banks (and I'm sure he will). I can say that I love that he's a VERY willing blocker. As long as he spends time doing plenty of squats, working on blocking technique, and preferably developing his hands, I'm perfectly fine with him being a Horn. You can always use a guy like that

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.