2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

39 minutes ago, hornian said:

We need at least one center. 

Player who snaps the ball can be an eligible receiver if he's on the end of the line. But more importantly based on what I've read in the Aggie screenshot thread, we run everything so we can just make them change the rules so everyone is eligible. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

10 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

You’re most likely right, that Sark just won’t rotate no matter what, but the WR room talent level is now orders of magnitude different from prior years.

Here are WRs 4-6 from the prior years (ugh):

2021: Kelvontay Dixon, Marcus Washington, Kai Money 

2022: Savion Red, Troy Omerie, B. Thompson

2023: Cook (FR), Deandre Moore (FR),  Isaiah Neyor (injured).

Even in 2023 when the talent level was the highest, it still didn’t even come close to the level of the first string.  The backups were either talented but true freshman (Cook & Moore), or inured/pouty Neyor.  They couldn’t really justify taking out the starters even when gassed because the talent drop-off and risk was still too high.

In 2024, it is not unreasonable to think that the backups might significantly close the talent gap enough to warrant spelling the starters, or in the case of Wingo offer a combination of size + speed that isn’t otherwise present on the roster.  There won’t be the same drop off from Golden to Cook than say, Golden to Marcus Washington.

Still, if Sark doesn’t rotate next season, the initial instinct would be to worry that otherwise how can you continue to pitch elite high school talent that they will see a path to development and playing time. But if this becomes the new normal, does it even matter?

I agree with just about everything, but Casey Cain needs to appear on your depth chart, certainly above Neyor, and even after being a de facto starter, CC disappeared from the rotation. It’s so hard for Sarkisian to trust a receiver. I hope Moore gets some chances, he has the right attitude (you can hear it on the 3rd & Longhorn podcast Jeremy Hills and Derrick Johnson are on) as he really tried to soak in everything Whittington was doing. He’s had a couple drops, so he needs to hold on to everything moving forward.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The backups will get a lot of PT with Arch in the 2nd half of games. Just saying 

And all of the transfers are one year rentals. 2025 could be the selling point for 2nd string WRs

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I hope Moore gets some chances, he has the right attitude (you can hear it on the 3rd & Longhorn podcast Jeremy Hills and Derrick Johnson are on) as he really tried to soak in everything Whittington was doing. He’s had a couple drops, so he needs to hold on to everything moving forward.

Agreed.  Also, his family food truck is pretty good

https://jiveturkeyatx.com/menu-

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Bond, Golden outside 

Bolden, Cook inside 

Wingo, Butler, Moore,  Niblett in the wings. 

Damn. 

We could just do hockey lines. Keep the same OL, but switch out Unit A and Unit B.

A: Ewers, Baxter, Bond, Golden, Bolden, Stanford TE

B. Manning, Blue, Wingo, Cook, Moore, Helm

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yep, I assume Niblett and/or Moore will transfer at some point, but Sark is trading in unknowns for knowns, can’t be mad at that.

There’s going to be great WRs in the portal every year and clearly Sark can land them. It’s one position none of us should spend any time worrying about.

Shawshank Redemption Freedom GIF

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas had a lot of success running 21 personnel at the end of the year. Some of these WRs are going to get touches out of the backfield. 

And take away touches from the 5-6 running backs we have?  Saying we are loaded is an understatement.  

2 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Sark cookin’ with gas. 

Straight Sunco 105

Cookin’ with Natural gas, not motor gasoline.

That would be extraordinarily bad, like crossing the streams.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

This is great and all, but I kinda hope we get the Stanford TE. I don't want the 'Horns to be the team that won an NC with a bunch a Bama defectors.

I mean... I'll take the NC either way and cheer. Just stating a preference. 

That…and he’s a better TE. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

This is great and all, but I kinda hope we get the Stanford TE. I don't want the 'Horns to be the team that won an NC with a bunch a Bama defectors.

I mean... I'll take the NC either way and cheer. Just stating a preference. 

Steve Sarkisian 

Kyle Flood

Jeff Banks

A.J. Milwee

…too late.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.