2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

That’s interesting. I know he hasn’t killed it at UCLA but I can’t recall a head coach from a big program taking a coordinator job at another school without being fired. The rumors of Kelly taking an NFL coordinator job made some sense, but this seems…odd? I’m sure there’s more to the story that I’m not privy to. 

28 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

That’s interesting. I know he hasn’t killed it at UCLA but I can’t recall a head coach from a big program taking a coordinator job at another school without being fired. The rumors of Kelly taking an NFL coordinator job made some sense, but this seems…odd? I’m sure there’s more to the story that I’m not privy to. 

He hates recruiting, hates the NIL/roster management elements, and just wants to coach. Rick Neuheisel's son is on staff there and Rick has been whining about the state of CFB through the lens of his alma mater and the plight of Chip Kelly and his staff for months now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

He hates recruiting, hates the NIL/roster management elements, and just wants to coach. Rick Neuheisel's son is on staff there and Rick has been whining about the state of CFB through the lens of his alma mater and the plight of Chip Kelly and his staff for months now. 

from the r/cfb subreddit about Chip Kelly:

image.png.4927ec4df1d0ad891b4d976bcee9d920.png

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

from the r/cfb subreddit about Chip Kelly:

image.png.4927ec4df1d0ad891b4d976bcee9d920.png

I could see Chip Kelly throwing his name into the hat for every NFL OC role for eternity. This seems like a “fuck this shit” move, and I am sure there is some provision with tOSU that he won’t recruit and just do hookers and blow until 8AM. The guy seems to be giving up on being a HC.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Heres to a million more clickbait "Will Arch Manning transfer?!?" stories this year

There are this type dick headed articles popping up about once a week. Saw one recently at a site I had not heard of. A lot of jealous fuckers out there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

So let see if I have this correct. 

1. Saban signs Julian Sayin. Number 2 QB in the class of 2024.

2. Saban retires.

3. Alabama hires  Kalen DeBoer from UW.

4. DeBoer brings his OFC.QB coach Ryan Grubb with him.

5. They decide Sayin isn't their type of QB and essentially run him off to Ohio State in about two weeks.

6. Grubb decides to go back to Seattle and become the Seahawks' OFC.

7. Alabama doesn't have a five star QB they did a month ago, doesn't have an OFC, doesn't have a QB coach.

8. Good job on the transition Kalen. 

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

On 2/9/2024 at 7:39 AM, Armybrat said:

Nope, I actually learned to drive on a 1959 Renault 4CV with a 3-speed stick on the floor. 
It belonged to my brother.

7690185A-3300-4AD0-AF5C-2ED867A66206.jpeg

Damn, that's actually kinda cool tbh. I'm sure there was a tiny hamster wheel under the hood and something like a 15 second 0-60, (assuming it will reach 60) but who cares when it looks like a 50's American car that shrunk in the wash😎

18 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

2. Saban retires.

5. They decide Sayin isn't their type of QB and essentially run him off to Ohio State in about two weeks.

7. Alabama doesn't have a five star QB they did a month ago, doesn't have an OFC, doesn't have a QB coach.

They basically traded Sayin for Austin Mack who they brought with them and apparently love. Not saying it's the right move but it's not like it was a pure loss.

22 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

2. Saban retires.

Why do you keeping saying OFC?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CAHorn said:

2. Saban retires.

I felt Grubb never wanted to go to Alabama unless he had to. He got out asap I feel. Alabama gonna make a run at chip Kelly lmao 

2. Saban retires.

Are they going to try and run his offense with Milroe ??
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chango said:

Are they going to try and run his offense with Milroe ??

They brought Mack from UW.  247 had him as a top 100 recruit and he’s now been in the system for 2 years. There’s a decent chance he beats out Milroe. 

40 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Isnt the Bama recruiting class still relatively intact? That is a strong class in spots (DB). 

Saban left pretty late in the cycle. I think they’ll see attrition from that class during the spring. 

1 hour ago, realgreggym said:

DKR used to do that with recruits.

Tbf, it was a different world back then.  If you put Bob McKay from Crane or one of the Talbert brothers from Texas City at the team training table, you likely scored a 10 out of 10.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I could see Chip Kelly throwing his name into the hat for every NFL OC role for eternity. This seems like a “fuck this shit” move, and I am sure there is some provision with tOSU that he won’t recruit and just do hookers and blow until 8AM. The guy seems to be giving up on being a HC.

Assume he’s hoping to go tOSU OC -> NFL OC -> NFL HC. He wants to be in the NFL but no one would give him an OC gig right now. UCLA was going to fire his ass after this season anyway so might as well bail now for a plum OC job.

On 2/5/2024 at 8:26 PM, SaucyJack said:

giphy.gif

This has nothin to do with nothin, but I went back and was watching that hail mary game above.  Didn't know Staubach hit Pearson on the play before that on a 4th and 17 just to get in that position.  And Pearson actually landed out of bounds, but then the rules were if the ref thought you would reasonably land in before defensive contact, they would call it a completion. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.