2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

The thing is that the coach that put those two guys in the NFL is gone. So yes claim it but it can easily be countered.

I understand, but the DC is the same, so the scheme hasn't changed.  Plus, Texas and Sark have demonstrated the willingness/ability to find high quality replacements for departing position coaches.

That has not been shown to be the case at either ou or USC.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Shit, forgot about that rule already. Tough luck :(

What is irritating about your first post is the way you indicate that "they" have conveyed to someone, maybe only you, that that guy is the target. All Gerry did, in a generic portal thread, was state that Arkansas' stud punter was in the portal. That doesn't immediately indicate that he's thinking Texas is in on the guy. Christ.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What is irritating about your first post is the way you indicate that "they" have conveyed to someone, maybe only you, that that guy is the target. All Gerry did, in a generic portal thread, was state that Arkansas' stud punter was in the portal. That doesn't immediately indicate that he's thinking Texas is in on the guy. Christ.

k, cool. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

We need to go after all these DTs in the portal, no matter the cost. Even if some of them never see meaningful snaps it means that other teams don’t get them. I want a 12 deep at DT that costs 5 million dollars a year. It will all pay off when we’re in the playoffs and other teams are starting linebackers at DT because every human over 300 pounds in the portal came to Texas. Chess not checkers. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I understand, but the DC is the same, so the scheme hasn't changed.  Plus, Texas and Sark have demonstrated the willingness/ability to find high quality replacements for departing position coaches.

That has not been shown to be the case at either ou or USC.

2 DTs in back to back drafts. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We need to go after all these DTs in the portal, no matter the cost. Even if some of them never see meaningful snaps it means that other teams don’t get them. I want a 12 deep at DT that costs 5 million dollars a year. It will all pay off when we’re in the playoffs and other teams are starting linebackers at DT because every human over 300 pounds in the portal came to Texas. Chess not checkers. 

The Jimbo plan

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I love Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 starts with 2 drunk dudes driving to the Texas/OU game.

TCM2 is actually a roman à clef written by cafe society and me, and we were really headed to the SWC Basketball Tournament. Everything else is true. Leatherface was a pussy.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

TCM2 is actually a roman à clef written by cafe society and me, and we were really headed to the SWC Basketball Tournament. Everything else is true. Leatherface was a pussy.

And boy, when he found out about it, Eddie Sutton was pissed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

my-goodness-what-an-idea.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This notion of "need" regarding DT has gotten out of hand across the longhorn netdom and the media it follows. We "need" oxygen. The football team "needs" depth and a standout QB. It would be nice to have another anchor at DT for this season. I hope the plans for one come together and Texas has another excellent option on the roster by the summertime.

That said, all aspects of the defense are going to be better around these spots, and that lessens the urgency that many are espousing. Texas has better depth across the board, better experience at every other spot, and better talent everywhere else. There's also quality talent at the DT positions and that talent can be realized. Texas isn't trotting out Alex Norman and Gerald Wilbon on the interior DL this year irrespective of whether they bring another guy in from the portal or not.

Burton is fixated on this.

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Brah, the Internet does not lie, and I was assured up thread that it was a done deal that he was going to USC and UT shouldn't even bother.  

I wonder with Alexander reaffirmed, if it might've changed some things? Don't know but fuck sc. 

45 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fuck Oregon already 

Yeah and fuck them hoes, too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In 2023, Sapp graduated from Texas Seminary Christian University with a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Sports Management. The conferment of his degree allows him to be hired by Head Coach Deion Sanders and work as a Colorado Buffaloes football team staff member.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

In 2023, Sapp graduated from Texas Seminary Christian University with a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Sports Management. The conferment of his degree allows him to be hired by Head Coach Deion Sanders and work as a Colorado Buffaloes football team staff member.

Lol, what the fuck is Christian Sports Management?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Are You a Portal DT? Please Come Visit Austin. PLEASE!!
2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Toia apparently has a little brother class of 27 who is a fucking wrecking ball.

Freshman on varsity highlights.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/19382286/65d45219176c600a1c229e0f

After the first or second highlight, I wondered why he needed to do the circle-himself thing on Hudl, since it was very obvious which guy he was. He's the giant fucking mammoth blowing up anything in his path.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.