2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Where are y'all getting this impression from?

Not doubting it, just genuinely curious. 

His entire recruiting history and his one year in college, thus far.

Every sign points to him being "all about me," but not in a mature or professional "I'm going to maximize my value" type of fashion. It's more of a blatantly egocentric style, IMO. The next school he commits to will be his fourth (Miami, UF, ASU, next school) in a three-year period.

Obviously, it's conjecture on my part. However, this type of timeline routinely indicates bust and/or locker room cancer. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Dude signed with Florida and then requested a release from his LOI because the NIL deal fell through. Which, I kinda get. But he seemed like a total pre-madonna on his way out.  

Hey friend, it’s prima donna.

• Haha 9

39 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Sarkisian is not an elite head coach yet to me. He's young enough that he can get there and he's trending well but he isn't there yet. But dammit after living through the last decade-and-a-half just simply not fucking up what has been handed on a plate seems like a damn miracle well worth what we're paying him now. 

With the money we’re paying him, he shouldn’t schedule the spring game during a thunderstorm. Red flag. 

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I realize that it's just the way the new reality and the way the game has got to be played now by any coach who wants to win, but I wonder what Collins and Broughton are thinking with all these DL coming in.  

I've accepted that we're probably gonna lose a dude who we would have expected to be part of the rotation soon.

I've accepted that we're probably gonna lose a dude who we would have expected to be part of the rotation soon.

If we felt the need to bring in four DTs from the portal then I’m fine with a pretty thorough housecleaning at that position.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Meh, I'll gladly trade VB for any of these guys.

I don't want to lose Collins. However, I'd trade Collins and VB for Toia and one of the Michigan DTs.

Unless you're moneybags Max Merril, with the portal at a place like Texas, it's up or out.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

An inside combo of Toia and Collins has potential. It’s a very similar dynamic to last years duo. Collins was one of the top inside defenders in win rate in the country last year. A plug and a disrupter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

spacer.png

I feel the same way. If we bring in four players in the portal, who gives a shit who transfers outside of true freshman January. If we had to bring in four defensive tackles, we didn’t have the right players on the roster. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.