2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Someone at IT cashed against him last year. Said he’s legit good, would play right away and is a draft able level dude for sure. 

These are the type of autocorrects that let me know I’m spending my time in the right place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing against the guy, but perhaps the least impactful portal loss possible. (Max isn’t going anywhere, so that one’s not “possible.”)

Always seemed like an odd take, a throwback to the Ben Davis/Ray Thornton days where we took guys from successful programs and hoped they would become a contributor, even when the past didn’t suggest that would be the case. Those guys may have helped with the “culture” install, but it seems we now have that part down pretty well. Stating the obvious, our portal takes need to be immediate contributors to justify taking a spot from badass HS recruits who want to jump in the boat.

Good luck, Kendrick. 

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

lol wut. We play 2 LBs. We’re 3 deep at both spots and the 2 LB positions are pretty interchangeable. 

Bro we lost our 7th string 300lb LB who was never going to play it’s a disaster 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

On 4/24/2024 at 4:12 PM, closetojumping said:

Worth nothing that by the end of this window, if you showed up to spring camp unexpectedly overweight, you were eventually told this by the staff:

image.jpeg.ad9a0429ef6fa4318ebe0427fc3f0a41.jpeg

Only Mitchell is left. Meanwhile, @Codaxx is somewhere shitting himself that his throwback MLB is no longer on the roster What will they do with that package install now?!?

Also, not to be redundant, but:

image.jpeg.7c93036a0e984c20f229d1a72616e20f.jpeg

• Haha 1

Here's the full quote from Charlie Williams at IT:

"I coached against this guy last season while at UNLV. He’s very instinctive fluid and plays the ball well. We like to run a lot of quarters coverage at Texas and they did the exact same thing as San Jose State. This guy would be a great addition to the team and play right away."

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That dude ain't fat, more like he's grown to d-line weight without the skill set

blackshire.0.webp

Get this kid a squat rack for fucks sake. Those thighs are embarrassing. 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Relevant to ctj's image, TCU's purple whale hit the Portal

Damn that's kind of sad actually. Pretty clear that TCU told him to GTFO because he couldn't keep his weight to something even remotely reasonable. Forget football, hope the dude can get it under control for his health.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Damn that's kind of sad actually. Pretty clear that TCU told him to GTFO because he couldn't keep his weight to something even remotely reasonable. Forget football, hope the dude can get it under control for his health.

Time to move to Japan and try to become a yokozuna.

Not to be confused with Yakuza.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

You wonder when teams are going to start providing Ozempic for players like this. 

Give the kid a year to get to the weight you want him to play at and then see how he develops in practices and in the weight room. 

If a team doesn’t see the potential, then the guy is cut off and sent packing. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You wonder when teams are going to start providing Ozempic for players like this. 

Give the kid a year to get to the weight you want him to play at and then see how he develops in practices and in the weight room. 

If a team doesn’t see the potential, then the guy is cut off and sent packing. 

Ozempic is associated with muscle depletion and bone density loss. Do you really want that for an athlete?

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Ozempic is associated with muscle depletion and bone density loss. Do you really want that for an athlete?

1) Didn’t know that. 
2) Maybe, if you can cut 100 lbs in 4 months so that you can start working on a much smaller ball of clay. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

1) Didn’t know that. 
2) Maybe, if you can cut 100 lbs in 4 months so that you can start working on a much smaller ball of clay. 

Dude is bucking for an " im fat" reality show. Damn. 

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Time to move to Japan and try to become a yokozuna.

Not to be confused with Yakuza.

Sumo is actually pretty badass to watch if like me you have severe ADHD. The matches and hype are both lightning quick. I was watching one time and this little 240 pound dude was wrecking people's shit but it was a good mix of fatass body types. 

Wish it was on more

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I don’t prescribe this shit and am too drunk to do research but curious, is this directly correlated to the medication or nutrient deficiency from appetite reduction?

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Japanese restaurants would constantly turn this guy away.

Shit he wouldn’t be able to sit down in half of them

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Sumo is actually pretty badass to watch if like me you have severe ADHD. The matches and hype are both lightning quick. I was watching one time and this little 240 pound dude was wrecking people's shit but it was a good mix of fatass body types. 

Wish it was on more

It's even better in person. The whole spectacle of a sumo tournament from the entrances, the salt throwing, the crowd reactions, an unexpected victory... It's all pretty awesome to see

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought we lost someone important at LB and breathed a sigh of relief when I scrolled up. 

I think the only guy on the roster I would've rather jettisoned is that 4th string Herman OL recruit that we can't get rid of. Maybe a scholarship K/P that isn't going to be starting next season.

Edited by Bevo14

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2