2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The one on the far right seems like she is going to be a day drinking MILF in about 10 more years. 

That seems like about the nicest thing I've seen posted about an aggie female.

I don't think we can grab portal players from SEC teams and play them in '24, that's the most important thing. Having said that, not sure if CDC just verbally agreed to that with SEC brass or if we're actually considered full SEC for football once the season ended. Since we used SEC patches on the uni's for recruit visits, I suspect the latter.

Born burnt covered it

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I was talking to a friend about this earlier. If a player enrolls at Texas with an injury or gets injured in his first camp, he’s probably going to get recruited over. Guillette is an exception and probably the baseline talent level that the coaches will wait for. 

I’ve been very pleased with the healthy roster churn. 

Anything else you want to discuss?

• Haha 3

The one on the far right seems like she is going to be a day drinking MILF in about 10 more years. 
Even if she was a Freshman in the pic, she would already be day drinking (Milf status undetermined) as we speak since that was 2011-early 2012.

It's far more likely she began day drinking years ago to deal with her 5-6 aggy spawn terrorizing the house.

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

So far three guys that are not totally unexpected. Hopefully it stays that way. 

As big a fan of his as I was, even without the trouble Burrell wasn't a surprise.  But Gullette and Walton is more portal pain than I think most of us expected.  But I'm sure there are NIL dollars and immediate playing time awaiting both.  Kirkland, fine.  But I'm certainly not gruntled right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Park Gothic said:

Maybe the Walton tweet is bullshit too? I would really prefer to keep that guy. 

Its all good. We can have him transfer back here after he gets some experience at the minor league level.

• Hook 'Em 1

Like newspapers have obituaries ready for certain members of society, the 9.95ers have blurbs written up and even videos cut for anticipated commitments and portal announcements. I suspect they have an article in the queue for all the usual suspects, someone fucked up and published the Gullette one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I think Walton is going to be pretty good and would have made the rotation to play starting next year possibly.  Burke, Sorrell, and Moore could potentially all be gone after this year, so we are going to need guys to go with Simmons.  Will Vasek be ready?  Will Finkley and Tapp still be here?  Early returns on Zina sound promising.  Im guessing he goes to SMU/Baylor, something like that.  We were always going to lose someone from the EDGE group.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If given the choice I'd rather keep Gullette than Walton. So, yay?

Me too.  We're deeper at Buck, and I'd rather Gullette see snaps at Buck than Walton at Sam. 

Walton may end up being great, but the fact that I'd almost forgotten about him kinda sums up how often he's mentioned in practice reports.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

SMU probably gonna try like hell to run this playbook

SMU will be in a conference with FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC and Notre Dame-ish (required to play 6 ACC opponents/year).

I think that SMU will be dropping a lot of money in this window to bring in 2-deep talent.

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Me too.  We're deeper at Buck, and I'd rather Gullette see snaps at Buck than Walton at Sam. 

Walton may end up being great, but the fact that I'd almost forgotten about him kinda sums up how often he's mentioned in practice reports.

I think Gullette to buck isnt gonna happen. We are deep there and recruiting well. Think of Gullette like Ant Hill. A versatile athlete who can do multiple things. 

40 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

SMU will be in a conference with FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC and Notre Dame-ish (required to play 6 ACC opponents/year).

I think that SMU will be dropping a lot of money in this window to bring in 2-deep talent.

4 ACC opponents/year. 

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

This is some typical fresh, outside the box thinking. We could learn something from this guy.

image.png.bb94cfaf9db378222ae8743a74eea3b8.png

Unless they are Kellen Mond. That guy (owner of damn near every aggie passing record) can get the hell out of THEIR University.

5 hours ago, Teryor said:

Huh, this is a bit of a surprise

Is it safe to assume that all of the Dallas kids who don’t get enough burn are SMU poach prospects? They’re in the big leagues now. Surely this isn’t an OSU retrieval, right?

4 hours ago, ousux said:

Even if she was a Freshman in the pic, she would already be day drinking (Milf status undetermined) as we speak since that was 2011-early 2012.

It's far more likely she began day drinking years ago to deal with her 5-6 aggy spawn terrorizing the house.

I saw one of these once returning to DFW on an international flight. She couldn’t have been older than 30. Took for fucking ever to wrangle her four rambunctious kids (eldest was probably six), get the twins in their stroller, and gather their carry-ons. It was a mess, and she kept making sarcastic remarks about both the kids and her husband, who looked fairly similar to Hamm—shorter than his wife, khaki shorts, A&M polo, A&M hat, aggie Adidas trainers, aggie ring, etc. She had to have had at least three Chardonnays + a mimosa on the flight. It was weird. Kinda reminded me of Cameron Diaz in the underrated flick, Very Bad Things:

uv6xtu.gif

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

4 ACC opponents/year.  

6 last year they played 6 + Stanford, which would be 7 this fall.

Screenshot2024-04-15at11_16_10PM.thumb.png.959ff5c0b65b66e0b1f87de54c4576b8.png

5 this year, but if Stanford & Notre Dame are permanent opponents, then maybe it is "Stanford + 4 random ACC games'.

Screenshot2024-04-15at11_16_43PM.thumb.png.b2f2cc603bf8751e9340a9052b76e18f.png

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

6 last year they played 6 + Stanford, which would be 7 this fall.

Screenshot2024-04-15at11_16_10PM.thumb.png.959ff5c0b65b66e0b1f87de54c4576b8.png

5 this year, but if Stanford & Notre Dame are permanent opponents, then maybe it is "Stanford + 4 random ACC games'.

Screenshot2024-04-15at11_16_43PM.thumb.png.b2f2cc603bf8751e9340a9052b76e18f.png

It’s 4 a year, guy. Just fucking google it. It’s not a mystery. 

6 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

The Walton news pisses me off. Coaches were up front with him about playing time in 24 but laid out a clear plan for his path to playing time. This was within the last 10 days. I’ll check in and see what changed on the family side. 

That really blows. I get it. It would take a whole bunch of trust to keep sitting when other schools come calling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.