2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I think Brisket’s point was more that any significant change in this country doesn’t simply occur with 100% pure policies and an unwillingness to compromise. 

A point no one disagrees with.

Brisket tries to sound smart by taking an assumed premise and then saying it out loud. Everyone fucking knows how legislation is passed. This is a board full of college-educated men, we know. No one said, "We gonna protest and then a law gonna fall off the law tree!"

Those in power have to pass laws, we know. We get it. What we ALSO get is that pressure on those in power can change their behavior. It could be cash pressure from donors, it could be electoral pressure from constituents, or it could be emotional and publicity pressure from massive and open protesting and rallying.  Or all 3 or even more forms of pressure.

The idea that Bernie Sanders and his movement are incapable of compromise is not based on reality. Here is an example: Sanders was a champion for Obamacare. He fought to get Democratic votes for it and defended it on CNN against Ted Cruz. The entire time, it was never what he actually wanted, but he fought for it, voted for it, and defended it anyway. And there are dozens and dozens more examples.

So yet another way Brisket tries to sound smart is to lie about the positions of others.

Pathetic all around, really.

Now that it's becoming clear that Bernie won't win, what are he and his supporters going to do with their strong beliefs?

A lot more than you or people like you ever will.

• Like 2

Klobs would have been good, so would Tulsi, Warren is too much of a liar to vote for 

Don’t understand all the support for Warren on this board. Lousy candidate but should be considered for a cabinet position if Biden wins.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

oh yeah...mentioned before, but his awesome ad team needs to create a montage of every lizard hiss, warbled mouth, incoherent trail off, mushmouth instance of Trump and air that shit 10 times a night on FOX. 

i mean, he did have great ads. 

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

also, your generation should vote

Exactly.  Wouldn't it be easier to get people who already agree with you to vote than it would be to change the minds of the olds?

I guess it is even easier to just blame the olds via twitter.  

4 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Exactly.  Wouldn't it be easier to get people who already agree with you to vote than it would be to change the minds of the olds?

I guess it is even easier to just blame the olds via twitter.  

No need to blame the olds only on twitter for sucking. We should blame them everywhere.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

No need to blame the olds only on twitter for sucking. We should blame them everywhere.

I think the boomers actually invented this approach.  Can't wait until this young generation's cocaine decade

Just now, Calihorn said:

It would appear to be over.

Probably 60-40 when you remove CA

• Like 1

oh yeah...mentioned before, but his awesome ad team needs to create a montage of every lizard hiss, warbled mouth, incoherent trail off, mushmouth instance of Trump and air that shit 10 times a night on FOX. 
i mean, he did have great ads. 

I would love to see a long string of his lies, with the truth next it. That would wake up at least some of the truly ignorant Trumpers.

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I would love to see a long string of his lies, with the truth next it. That would wake up at least some of the truly ignorant Trumpers.

Along those same lines, I'd like to see some commercials with quotes from Republicans during the 2016 primary.  IIRC "pathological liar" and "narcissistic sociopath" were used by a few of Trump's competitors during that time, and that slime ball Graham.  

Commercial could be something like "Hey Republican voter, don't listen to us, listen to your own leadership."  Run that fucker on a loop.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It's not what I don't get.  It's what you don't get.  I understood what you were trying to say.  It just didn't make sense.  

That I like Klobuchar, and Tulsi, but I don't like Warren?

How doesn't that make sense?

Edited by workswithseed

24 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I always knew I liked that guy. 

But seriously, I do have to give him credit for following through with what he think is important, after being repeatedly ridiculed by most Democrats, including me. I think his whole campaign was born of arrogance, and I was worried that his bruised ego would result in him backing off his support.  

Edited by Tuco

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems pretty pejorative given the numbers of African Americans who voted for Biden over Sanders. Seems like Biden is simply trying to reframe who supports him - it’s not cynical bad faith. But sure, Biden’s no good for racial equality...

32 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

except trump (and fox news) has spent the past few years convincing 40% of america that the truth isn't really true.

25 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Along those same lines, I'd like to see some commercials with quotes from Republicans during the 2016 primary.  IIRC "pathological liar" and "narcissistic sociopath" were used by a few of Trump's competitors during that time, and that slime ball Graham.  

Commercial could be something like "Hey Republican voter, don't listen to us, listen to your own leadership."  Run that fucker on a loop.

gotdamn that is such a good idea...i mean...do you know anybody in Bloomberg's camp you can send this to??

lol...except not really 😐

22 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Seems pretty pejorative given the numbers of African Americans who voted for Biden over Sanders. Seems like Biden is simply trying to reframe who supports him - it’s not cynical bad faith. But sure, Biden’s no good for racial equality...

Theres no group more disrespectful to people of color than white "progressives"

I still do not understand why the never-trumper Republicans did not primary Trump rather than co-opting the Democratic Party.

The never bernie bros are the most inept group in the history of politics. Lost to Trump twice already in 2016, did not enter a contestant in the 2020 Republican primary, and now think they should be deciding the Democratic Primary "because they know best."  

Utter hubris. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I still do not understand why the never-trumper Republicans did not primary Trump rather than co-opting the Democratic Party.

The never bernie bros are the most inept group in the history of politics. Lost to Trump twice already in 2016, did not enter a contestant in the 2020 Republican primary, and now think they should be deciding the Democratic Primary "because they know best."  

Utter hubris. 

Bill Weld tried his ass off, but he couldn't make a dent.  Which is actually a good thing for many hard core Democrats.  Rather than support him and vote for him, most anti-Trumper GOP'ers broke off and backed myriad Democratic candidates.  

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Utter hubris. 

I mean... then what does that make Bernie's crew?  

• Like 2

How about running Morning Joe, or David Frum, or Mitt Romney or any of the other talking heads now thinking they know best what is good for the Democratic Party?  

Those fuck-nuts have a large platform. And if all the never bernie bros rallied around one of them, they could at least soften up Trump in the primary season. Instead they meddle in the Democratic Party and have a much-too-large microphone. 

• Like 2

Just now, washparkhorn said:

Bernie has never lost to Trump. What is your point never-bernie-bro?

But you've lost to "the most inept group in the history of politics" twice now.

Also, sorry to ruin your party, but I am in no way a "never Bernie".  I prefer other candidates, yes, but I would gladly vote for him if he was on the ballot in November.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Also, sorry to ruin your party, but I am in no way a "never Bernie".  I prefer other candidates, yes, but I would gladly vote for him if he was on the ballot in November.

My apologies.

Don't defend never-bernie-bros - they don't deserve it. 

To your question, centrists need to stop looking at the Morning Joe's and David Frums as saviors. They do not know how to beat Trump. They know how to get centrist democrats to join their movement to keep the US moving rightward. That is not an accomplishment.