Blastfurnace 2023

Storm the Field

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe Europe is calling you 

Yeah, no trips to such locales for a good while.  Gotta take care of business here.  Still, going to SOCAL in a month - highs in Laguna range from high 60s to mid 70s, so I'll take that reprieve when we get it.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, no trips to such locales for a good while.  Gotta take care of business here.  Still, going to SOCAL in a month - highs in Laguna range from high 60s to mid 70s, so I'll take that reprieve when we get it.

Yea that's a great spot.  Love that area.  Also, if it happens to be hot, you can just jump in the Pacific.

5 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Careful. A lot of states won’t have blue bell 

4 hours ago, texasdago said:

or Listeria

Amen, the only decent amount of Blue Bell I've had since all of that shit went down with the aggy-owned company, has been the Dr. Pepper float Blue Bell.

HEB the rest of the way.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Send some of that sunshine to CO. We were supposed to go rafting tmrw for a group offsite. Cancelled because it's too cold at high 40's and chance of rain. 

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Feels like I haven’t seen the sun here in three months

this is my first spring here...i know CO actually has four seasons (i mean i moved here to experience that), but it feels like this has been above normal rainfall, yeah? 

i'm kind of loving it but it does seem like it's lasted several months now...i can only think it's great for wildfire season! 🙂

• Hook 'Em 1

I have never gotten more pissed than a summer or two ago when they were telling people to conserve and I walked down Rock Rose in the Domain and all of the stores and restaurants had all their doors and windows open with ACs blasting.  Fuck right off.  The call for conservation should go to commercial buildings first and residential buildings second.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, swraith said:

ERCOT has a new 6-day capacity forecast.  So far, ERCOT thinks it will survive.

I wonder if it's because all of the people/companies have not quite cranked the AC up all the time, given that we just came out of a decently mild little period.

Will be interesting to see this forecast in a few days.

Absolutely no change through the end of the month. What the fuck? How did it go from such a great spring to record-breaking desert hellscape in a matter of a week? 

image.thumb.png.a060bcc750bfa47a93c91a39a69d6a10.png

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Absolutely no change through the end of the month. What the fuck? How did it go from such a great spring to record-breaking desert hellscape in a matter of a week? 

Yea, can Yeomans or Jim log on here and explain to us what in the world changed these past days?  All we’ve heard was the well-below-average, wetter-than-normal May/early June would buffer temps for at least several weeks then boom, 3-4 days later we’re getting blasted by endless August blastfurnace and talking about a potential week+ of records.  

What’s happening?

6 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Yea, can Yeomans or Jim log on here and explain to us what in the world changed these past days?  All we’ve heard was the well-below-average, wetter-than-normal May/early June would buffer temps for at least several weeks then boom, 3-4 days later we’re getting blasted by endless August blastfurnace and talking about a potential week+ of records.  

What’s happening?

On last nights weather, Yeomans basically said he doesn’t know what’s going on and can’t explain it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Something to do with a high pressure dome that doesn’t know to GTFO. 

image.gif.64b9129b1089474ac3f98772d873252e.gif

Please be advised that conditions may be warmer than usual at George Bush Intercontinental Airport due to an unexpected air conditioning outage in all terminals. The City of Houston technicians are working to get the matter resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience through this experience. Confirmation Number:

This Is Fine GIF

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Child of the new south here. Meaning I wilt in this fucking heat and the humidity this week feels like Memphis in August.
I need air conditioning and lots of it.

I admit I am a weakass pussy. My mother was picking cotton at 5 in 100 degree heat and going home to a hot house. My old man went to west Texas to work in the oil fields and slept in a ditch. I am old enough to remember when most cars and many homes had no ac; you went to the movies to get ac relief.

• Hook 'Em 1