RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

I didn’t realize he was this crazy. He thinks poppers cause AIDS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poppers-cause-aids-environment-makes-133912227.html

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the noted conspiracy theorist and anti-vaccine activist, thinks kids (particularly boys) are being made trans from exposure to chemicals in the environment, equating them to frogs in a lab, and he claims AIDS is an environmental condition for which poppers are responsible. Really.

The son of former president John F. Kennedy’s brother, the late Robert F. Kennedy, who served as his attorney general, is challenging President Joe Biden as a Democrat in the 2024 election.

In two recently unearthed videos, the activist made bizarre and false claims about the existence of transgender people and the origins of AIDS.

I see these huge levels of depression and despair, loneliness in kids, and I don’t think that there’s a single cause to it, and I think blaming it on depression about climate is probably over-simplistic,” Kennedy told Canadian far right-wing political pundit and psychologist Jordan Peterson. “A lot of the problems we see in kids, and particularly boys, it’s probably underappreciated that how much of that is coming from chemical exposures, including a lot of the sexual dysphoria that we’re seeing.”

Kennedy claimed that kids are “swimming through a soup of toxic chemicals,” including atrazine, a common herbicide.

He's about 3 decades behind Peter Duesberg on the poppers angle, among others.  Duesberg was a far more convincing denier of HIV->AIDS, given his bona fides as a scientist, but history has proven him wrong, as is RFK Jr.  Obviously the latter has no scientific bona fides whatsoever.

31 minutes ago, royiv said:

It's interesting to see D voters call him out on his craziness and fact check him while the Rs let MTG, Goetz, Boebert, etc run their mouths unchecked.

The only thing D about RFK Jr. is his name. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Conspiracy theorists are an interesting bunch. There should be more studies done on them since they seem to be everywhere and are beginning to have a outsized impact on our body politic.

Conspiracy theorists are drawn to conspiracy theories for the same reason some people are drawn to cults or religion 

They feel a lack of purpose or meaning  in life. 

Something is missing in life and they want to know why

There has to be more to life than what I’m being told 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, I'm trying to be more religious in my old age to help deal with my shit.  But it's just one part.  But then one day, Bobby Kennedy's son is joining in on a conspiracy web that involves his dead cousin who is apparently alive and running the government that he wants to be elected to run, and his 106 year old uncle is apparently behind it all in exile.  And that's why we're all gonna get AIDS apparently.  And it's not the rantings of one crazed man by himself in an apartment that may or may not contain a chicken.  But instead, it's literally tens of millions of adult Americans.  And we're just supposed to live alongside these people and pretend there's a higher power.  

What in the flying fuck (JFK, Jr. pun intended)?

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I didn’t realize he was this crazy. He thinks poppers cause AIDS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poppers-cause-aids-environment-makes-133912227.html

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the noted conspiracy theorist and anti-vaccine activist, thinks kids (particularly boys) are being made trans from exposure to chemicals in the environment, equating them to frogs in a lab, and he claims AIDS is an environmental condition for which poppers are responsible. Really.

The son of former president John F. Kennedy’s brother, the late Robert F. Kennedy, who served as his attorney general, is challenging President Joe Biden as a Democrat in the 2024 election.

In two recently unearthed videos, the activist made bizarre and false claims about the existence of transgender people and the origins of AIDS.

I see these huge levels of depression and despair, loneliness in kids, and I don’t think that there’s a single cause to it, and I think blaming it on depression about climate is probably over-simplistic,” Kennedy told Canadian far right-wing political pundit and psychologist Jordan Peterson. “A lot of the problems we see in kids, and particularly boys, it’s probably underappreciated that how much of that is coming from chemical exposures, including a lot of the sexual dysphoria that we’re seeing.”

Kennedy claimed that kids are “swimming through a soup of toxic chemicals,” including atrazine, a common herbicide.

DIZu.gif

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Conspiracy theorists are drawn to conspiracy theories for the same reason some people are drawn to cults or religion 

I think it's more often they're confused and/or overwhelmed by the fact that there's so much going on in the world that they can't understand and/or aren't let in on but which nevertheless affects their lives. The conspiracy theories allow them to see behind the curtain and feel a bit more in control. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I think it's more often they're confused and/or overwhelmed by the fact that there's so much going on in the world that they can't understand and/or aren't let in on but which nevertheless affects their lives. The conspiracy theories allow them to see behind the curtain and feel a bit more in control. 

image.gif.1457d809c475e32954f9f12459c46d11.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

And this was all fine and dandy when it was confined, but then social media and the internet comes along and

seinfeld-gifs-kramer-explosion.gif

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Does RFK Jr. have an actual mental illness, because it seems like it.

He's had a helluva lot of tragedy in his life - murdered dad, murdered uncle, dead wife, incarcerated cousins, etc.

He should stick to the JFK/RFK/Martha Moxley conspiracy theories though - people would be a lot more tolerant of him.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Conspiracy theorists are an interesting bunch. There should be more studies done on them since they seem to be everywhere and are beginning to have a outsized impact on our body politic.

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And this was all fine and dandy when it was confined, but then social media and the internet comes along and

Social media allowed them to find an audience and fellow believers who weren't telling them to shut the fuck up about their stupid beliefs.

They were no longer confined to college dorm lounges or the backs of bookstores or student unions.

Qanon came along at the right time.

59 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yep, also they want to be in on The Big Secret.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

That's probably true.  But it's their smugness that makes me want to choke the life out of them.

Is 'poppers' now slang for unprotected buttsecks? 

I'm I the only one who has no idea what a popper is:

Nitrites are a type of chemical that doctors sometimes use to treat heart conditions or chest pain. “Poppers” is a slang term for this type of chemical when it's used recreationally. People inhale the strong-smelling, colorless liquid, often to enhance their senses during sex.

I live a boring life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It smells like VHS cleaner. Makes me want to vomit 

51 minutes ago, safe sex said:

It opens up your butthole

Both true. Knowing is half the battle

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/explainer-the-science-of-alkyl-nitrites-aka-poppers/4014395.article

Poppers’ popularity is partly due to their ability to relax smooth muscle, which can facilitate anal sex, but also to their wider mood-enhancing properties. In a 1982 study, psychiatrist Thomas Lowry called them ‘the nearest thing to a true aphrodisiac’.

Manufacturers currently market poppers as ‘cleaning agents’, ‘industrial solvents’ or ‘room odourisers’ and state they are not intended for human consumption

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

So I am dealing with this on a family level. My mother thinks he is the best and brightest. "He is my number one choice for president"  her words not mine. She is insanely left but somehow the simulation has figured out a way to align her with the right. She hates trump but you see the above. I am just at a loss trying to navigate this anti-vax world. She tried to convince me to not vaccinate my kids at birth and for covid. Both of which I ignored and they are fine, despite her claims they would be autists.

God I hate social media.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Filing this info away to use with the wife later. I mean, what?

We've done some research but I honestly did not know what poppers were frequently used for until I heard it from Bobby Kennedy's son.  Which, of course, is where we should all be getting our sex ed info from.  But this feels like the kinda thing I'm gonna order up like Wayne Gayle in "Natural Born Killers" when he calls his girlfriend and tells her what drugs and sex toys to get ready because he's never felt so alive.  When Trump dies, somebody please PM your "poppers" guy and I'll discretely meet with him.  And of course like the movie, I'll invariably be shot to death by two right wing lunatics in the woods.  I'd say we're living in interesting times, but at this point---I just want to make it out alive.  And also buttsex.

As much as I enjoy more tips on how to get the wife to get down with downtown:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/robert-f-kennedy-jr-race-based-bioweapons-china-us-1234775318/

What in the flying fuck?  Does Sirhan Sirhan have a son of his own?  Every single fucking week is more insane the previous one.  

Serious question-which faction(s) of the DNC/primary electorate are supporting this fucking lunatic?  Who is his base?  No good polling actually reveals that.

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

As much as I enjoy more tips on how to get the wife to get down with downtown:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/robert-f-kennedy-jr-race-based-bioweapons-china-us-1234775318/

What in the flying fuck?  Does Sirhan Sirhan have a son of his own?  Every single fucking week is more insane the previous one.  

Serious question-which faction(s) of the DNC/primary electorate are supporting this fucking lunatic?  Who is his base?  No good polling actually reveals that.

My mom unfortunately. Fucking hell.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Both true. Knowing is half the battle

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/explainer-the-science-of-alkyl-nitrites-aka-poppers/4014395.article

Poppers’ popularity is partly due to their ability to relax smooth muscle, which can facilitate anal sex, but also to their wider mood-enhancing properties. In a 1982 study, psychiatrist Thomas Lowry called them ‘the nearest thing to a true aphrodisiac’.

Manufacturers currently market poppers as ‘cleaning agents’, ‘industrial solvents’ or ‘room odourisers’ and state they are not intended for human consumption

bd9b786f-0fe1-457d-ac9a-b34c03101e83_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

So I am dealing with this on a family level. My mother thinks he is the best and brightest. "He is my number one choice for president"  her words not mine. She is insanely left but somehow the simulation has figured out a way to align her with the right. She hates trump but you see the above. I am just at a loss trying to navigate this anti-vax world. She tried to convince me to not vaccinate my kids at birth and for covid. Both of which I ignored and they are fine, despite her claims they would be autists.

God I hate social media.

RFK jr is in no way “the right”. He is a populist. Populism/demagoguery can come from the left or the right. People are stupid

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Straight women who fantasize about pegging their SOs is pretty common in my clinical experience.

I feel like that’s more about causing pain/relieving pent up aggression than giving pleasure. 

“leave that toilet seat up one more time bitch!”