50 Cal to Ukraine

Handcruser

10 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I have more ammo than I'll probably ever shoot, I could probably donate some.

You have 50 cal ammo just sitting around - nice humblebrag

I would like to donate enough for a full belt of ammo, in to be delivered in a green & white painted can; how much is that gonna run me? 
(give me a few weeks notice so I can generate some stonk profits to cover my pledge)

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

whatever costs are going into putting lipstick on this thing might be better served going into bullets they can use to kill people. if that sort of thing matters here, which maybe it doesn't.

It matters.

Make a camo Surly logo sticker or somesuch.  Send it to them gratis along with instruments of death.  Priority being instruments of death.  Hell, tell them we'll donate another $100 for each recorded/written account of shooting a Russian POS.  Let's buy the weapon, and pay for scalps.

Yes, I'm a fucking ghoul.  Deal with it.

• Hook 'Em 6

Lol. A got damn UT message board is somehow going to end up in an investigation for war crimes and/or international arms dealing with this sort of shit.

"What start here, changes the world."

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It matters.

Make a camo Surly logo sticker or somesuch.  Send it to them gratis along with instruments of death.  Priority being instruments of death.  Hell, tell them we'll donate another $100 for each recorded/written account of shooting a Russian POS.  Let's buy the weapon, and pay for scalps.

Yes, I'm a fucking ghoul.  Deal with it.

Have some fucking respect dude. You sound like a preteen playing Call of Duty. I'm all for supporting the war effort and helping Ukraine kill as many of the enemy as possible, but try to have at least a semblance of honor.

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

$100

Plus I can put together a care package for the sniper with whatever shit I've got in my fridge and pantry. Create something unique.

I got a lot of gear from FEMA days. Water purification, etc. Have already sent over quite a bit, but if we are going to adopt a sniper I can get some gear together. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nothing dishonorable about snipers shooting invaders.  Not even a little bit.  Russia decided to engage in the business of death.  It's a two-way trade.

I agree there's absolutely nothing wrong with snipers shooting invaders and I clearly said as much. I just have a serious problem with shit like paying for scalps, most of which would be taken from rank and file Ivan who had absolutely no say in who, where, what he invades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

You have 50 cal ammo just sitting around - nice humblebrag

I would like to donate enough for a full belt of ammo, in to be delivered in a green & white painted can; how much is that gonna run me? 
(give me a few weeks notice so I can generate some stonk profits to cover my pledge)

There was a time when I was single and child free while making low six figures. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Also if you want NAFO gear you can go directly to their own store:

https://nafo-ofan.org/

the list of charities and organizations I posted earlier are also there.

Man, if I get anymore my girl will disown me! 

Which is fucked up since she steals all the T-shirts. 

So just an idea. Instead of a .50, what if we go steal that Sherman owned by the dick aggy? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

Everyone fucking calm down. If we can get it done we can get it done. If we can’t we can’t.

Nobody’s going to jail. For this. Today.

But adopting a sniper would be awesome.

Excuse me sir, this is Surlyhorns. We don't do CALM.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Seeing blacklab and immamac on the stand at The Hague would be classic surly.

Q. Do you recall this?

A. Yes.

Q. What is the Megan Willis thread?

A. A thread on the board discussing Megan Willis.

Q. And who is Rooster? Does he have a FUPA?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I've mentioned this before, but if anyone wants to throw some cash towards the Group my dad and brother started up, just PM me. Here's what they've accomplished over the last 12 months and multiple trips to Poland and the Ukrainian border:

Post the links man! What they are doing is badass. Work with a group of US/UK doctors who rotate in to support any casualties. Stars, all of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Everyone fucking calm down. If we can get it done we can get it done. If we can’t we can’t.

I do like the idea of this much better. We could add the confirmed kills somewhere on the site lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Post the links man! What they are doing is badass. Work with a group of US/UK doctors who rotate in to support any casualties. Stars, all of them. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/9x8gtj-help-us-support-ukrainian-refugees?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-168729804213-0930cf1a0fb511ee&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Getting (ie shipping) a firearm like that overseas is a really, really tall ask.  You just can't do it willy nilly without risking jail time.  Sending someone money over there, not so much.  There needs to be a fund in Ukraine where we can send our dollars.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

The burnt orange idea is neat, but not practical.  They are going to have to paint over it before it goes in to service.  It would be better to send more ammo instead of using money on custom paint.

Seriously, there are some 1914 France red pants vibes going here.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I agree there's absolutely nothing wrong with snipers shooting invaders and I clearly said as much. I just have a serious problem with shit like paying for scalps, most of which would be taken from rank and file Ivan who had absolutely no say in who, where, what he invades.

Counterpoint: until the everyday Ivans in Russia decide to turn their guns on Putin and Moscow, F 'em.  Listen to their calls home.  Listen to their families, encouraging them to rape Ukrainian women.  The only complaint those Ivans have is that Putin isn't giving them all the stuff they want and need to kill more Ukrainians.  Russia and the Russian people are all-in on both the war and the war crimes.  Choices have consequences.

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

I do like the idea of this much better. We could add the confirmed kills somewhere on the site lol

There we go.  And seriously, let's just figure out where the money needs to go to adopt a rifle/sniper, bundle it, and take care of it.  We can ask them to put a mark on the rifle and keep us updated or somesuch.  But as long as we're helping Ukrainians kill the Russians who are there to kill them and their families, that's a good, good, good thing.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Getting (ie shipping) a firearm like that overseas is a really, really tall ask.  You just can't do it willy nilly without risking jail time.  Sending someone money over there, not so much.  There needs to be a fund in Ukraine where we can send our dollars.

There are quite a few. Verified, registered, etc. 

And you can move weapons, but would be through a company that is in ITAR compliance. I know a few if it gets to that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Like, a bonafide Surly Sniper.

Why don’t we try to find one and then give him the money to procure the gun or better optics or more ammo or whatever. That would be a far easier task AND we add his tally to the site.

But when he dead we’re going to have sad.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac unpinned this topic