2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

My hope is that Sark took whatever Georgia did against the flyover in the championship game and implements the shit out of it this year. They went through it like wet paper, and it wasn't just because they ran it down their throats. They were bombs away all night. 

Georgia could have run IZ out of the I formation all night and named their number.

I don’t know shit about fuck and don’t believe Sark is a good gameday coach.

That said: this roster is the deepest we’ve had in at least 15 years, likely more. We aren’t there yet with being bigger, faster and stronger than your average directional school but it’s getting damn close. Will that translate to 10+ wins? If there is a god, let’s hope. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But this time it's not just kool-aid.....we've recruited guys that have different bodies out of high school and from the portal than we have recruited under previous staffs. So once they get the college S&C they're going to look a lot different than teams from 2-3 years ago regardless.

Futurama Squinting GIF

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

I think Sark hit 2 out of 3 vs this defense.  Sark made some nice adjustments vs ISU and KSU (unbalanced line opened up the running game). TCU game was just a mess. Ewers was terrible. Worthy and Sanders arguably played their worst games. OL was dominated. That said I dont think Sark had a great game plan. Not to bring up old wounds, but Texas probably should have relied a little more on the Greg Davis game plan. Screen game hurt TCU (JWHitt in particular). The WRs got owned by the CBs in that game. (Mitchell won a one on one for a TD). Georgia found room between the LBs and Safeties. TCU made some coverage busts vs Georgia, but I dont think attacking their 2 NFL CBs was the right move for Texas. Sanders vs the LBs probably should have been a bigger emphasis, though he did have several drops. 

triggered GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But this time it's not just kool-aid.....we've recruited guys that have different bodies out of high school and from the portal than we have recruited under previous staffs. So once they get the college S&C they're going to look a lot different than teams from 2-3 years ago regardless.

Katfid told me to point out that this isn't true: The team this year will look exactly like the team from 3 years ago. Identical.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

usually via attacking our interior OL through simulated pressures/games (our interior is the weak link). 

*was. "Was" the weak link. And we can get further into semantics and I'd agree that this year they will be the weak link compared to our tackles, but, imo, O-line performance can be improved greatly by experience and time (to get stronger). Especially compared to D-line, where a young guy can get playing time by just being able to fuck shit up, O-linemen need to know wtf they're doing and need to be able to execute technically against guys that are oftentimes as big or bigger than them. Only experience and mass can improve that. Getting those two young guards (and even Majors) back could be a blessing this year. They'll be bigger, stronger, and smarter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

*was. "Was" the weak link. And we can get further into semantics and I'd agree that this year they will be the weak link compared to our tackles, but, imo, O-line performance can be improved greatly by experience and time (to get stronger). Especially compared to D-line, where a young guy can get playing time by just being able to fuck shit up, O-linemen need to know wtf they're doing and need to be able to execute technically against guys that are oftentimes as big or bigger than them. Only experience and mass can improve that. Getting those two young guards (and even Majors) back could be a blessing this year. They'll be bigger, stronger, and smarter. 

Sure, they can get better. Thanks for clearing that up 

• Haha 3

I don’t know shit about fuck and don’t believe Sark is a good gameday coach.
That said: this roster is the deepest we’ve had in at least 15 years, likely more. We aren’t there yet with being bigger, faster and stronger than your average directional school but it’s getting damn close. Will that translate to 10+ wins? If there is a god, let’s hope. 
As far as coaching goes, here is a list of some of the championship winning coaches in the past 20 years in no particular order:

Cuckbo
Blockhead
Gumbeaux O
Leslie Miles
Some guy that had his mom for a roommate in college and lets Jesus call plays

Shall I continue? Coaching isn't my top
concern this year, it's injuries and maintaining focus against what on paper should be less talented teams.
  • Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

My biggest concern is not having a running back that can make people miss in the backfield every carry because I still feel like there will be people in the backfield every carry. Prove me wrong oline, please.

i'm expecting the two biggest areas of improvement on this team to be qb and ol.  there is no excuse for this ol to not be able to pass protect and open holes for rb's.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Nope said:

I’d argue Jonathan Brooks is more critical to a successful season

I get what you're saying, but no. A big improvement from Ewers is the difference between a nine win season and another Alamo Bowl, and maybe going to the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I get what you're saying, but no. A big improvement from Ewers is the difference between a nine win season and another Alamo Bowl, and maybe going to the playoffs. 

Agree. After all we had Bijan last year and look where it got us. It starts at QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

IMO the passing game should open up the run game quite a bit more this year. Teams aren't going to stack the box like they seemed to do last year when we essentially only had Worthy as a deep threat.

I think so too, elite passing and being ahead will cause us to get similar rushing yards but we’ll get there from a different pathway bc the backs aren’t as good

Just now, Mac8111 said:

This. It is put up or shut up time.

Obviously, but IMO it’s still a lazy cop-out from a media personality to say “I’m done talking about Texas til they prove it.” Have the balls to just proclaim that we will choke away the Big 12 or something.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I will say, more than I can remember since ever, guys I trust who now their shit normally are raving about the physical makeovers on the team. I mean, not Tvondre Sweat or anything, but the rest of them. 

That’s good to read. Bobby and Gerry aren’t generally sunshine pumpers, so maybe that fall camp kool-aid is for real this time. 

14 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I don’t think we will depend nearly as much on worthy this year. He won’t get the same kind of targets as last year. Ad Mitchell will be #1 I think

I think we’ll have 5-6 guys with 500-800 yards and have no clue on the order.

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:
6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I will say, more than I can remember since ever, guys I trust who now their shit normally are raving about the physical makeovers on the team. I mean, not Tvondre Sweat or anything, but the rest of them. 

Since I know Sweat, I'm tempted to pass this quote along.

That’s good to read. Bobby and Gerry aren’t generally sunshine pumpers, so maybe that fall camp kool-aid is for real this time. 
Bobby and Gerry aren't taking into account we will be not just going up against the opposing team, but zebras as well. If we can overcome all that then we deserve a playoff spot
  • Rage+1 1

Different question, but I am excited to see if Ewers can hit the open receiver and if the receivers are creating space like Alabama did with Waddle, Smith, etc.
There was a massive difference between Bama and BlowU Ewers and some of the later games. This leads me to believe there was something to the hand injury thing that was kept quiet (standard practice among coaches) and we won't see the same inconsistency this season barring injury of course. In that case Sark should see what Murphy can do in a real game, and if he doesn't then I will join those cheering on his demise.

1 hour ago, Nope said:

I’d argue Jonathan Brooks is more critical to a successful season

Football Board gonna Football Board

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Shall I continue? Coaching isn't my top
concern this year, it's injuries and maintaining focus against what on paper should be less talented teams.

You literally just described one of the most important aspects of a coach’s job in trying to explain why coaching isn’t your top concern. 

• Hook 'Em 4