One signal that screams you won’t like this person

Hornbeliever

19 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

I used to make fun of people who backed into spots and then I got a truck.    Better choice, f the haters.

19 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah, backing in is definitely safer. In the industry I am in it is either highly encouraged or downright required (some refineries and facilities require it).

Just went through monthly safety training and backing is the preferred method.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

People who (publicly) pray before meals.
Bitch, get caught up on Matthew 6:5-6.   The Lord knows my heart is grateful.
Let's eat!!!

I hardly see this in public anymore, it’s mainly at large family functions or holiday meals and I already know I don’t like most of those people.
  • Hook 'Em 2

- People who carry on loud cellphone conversations in a restaurant, especially if the other caller is on speaker

- People who play videos/stream their phone in public.

- Parents who let their kids play video games with volume up in public

- People who use the terms beta or cuck

- Anti-vaxxers

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Cars with 15 of those cartoon stickers and sound like a lawnmower 

Coffee can mufflers.

Cars/ trucks with legit HP and pipes, but the d-bags rev them in underpasses or city blocks with echoes.  Grow the fuck up, needledick.  Same goes for motorcycles.

On 8/5/2023 at 8:26 AM, Tylerocks said:

I like a bunch of things already posted but I'll add:

Sunglasses inside

Loud, obnoxious, "look at me" type people

People that use the term "snowflake"

How about wearing a cowboy hat indoors?

Or wearing sunglasses on top of a baseball cap?

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Cowboy hat...I don't think that bothers me.  Guess it's dependent on the setting.

Sunglasses on top of baseball cap.  ehh, not a huge deal.  If the sunglasses are upside down or backwards...definite douche.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I am receiving a shot in my eye every three weeks. Retina doctor asked me to wear sunglasses when I’m outside. The bill of my cap makes a handy holding spot for my sunglasses. Especially when I put them up there and then spend ten minutes looking for them an hour later. 

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Wearing any kind of hat/cap in someone else’s house or a restaurant. 
It just screams “low rent mofo” disrespecting others. 
Same as public nose-pickers or spitters.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Salt life/saltwater soul, punisher, come and take it, don’t tread on me, 3%, thin blue line stickers. Any or all.

Also, to add:

Yoda, Rebel Alliance, Baby Yoda, Anime, Disney-anything etc. stickers on the car up to and including the The Hangover baby for Baby on Board.

Any douchebag that brings an acoustic guitar to play while sitting on the concrete bench at the deep end of Deep Eddy. We don't want to hear your little riff on "Under the Bridge", Chad. Also hate that guy at Barton Springs, but I can at least find another spot there. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Any douchebag that brings an acoustic guitar to play while sitting on the concrete bench at the deep end of Deep Eddy. We don't want to hear your little riff on "Under the Bridge", Chad. Also hate that guy at Barton Springs, but I can at least find another spot there. 

Dude at Barking Springs who feels the need to play his mish mash of percussion right next to the wall.  I don't want to hear that stuff in BSP.

Guys who wrap their BMWs in gold wrap and then park in handicap spots.

Come and take it stickers especially those that replace the cannon with an AR-15

People who make their Texan identity about bitching about people from California.  There are great people from CA and terrible people from CA just like there are great people from TX and terrible people from TX.  Stop trying to blame a group of people.  

Old Austin whiners 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sadly, I’m friends with a few people who use a lot of buzzwords but don’t like it.  However, I am not friends with anyone who grunts at the gym.  You got an Olympic invite, fine?  Otherwise, shut the f up.

Addition:  I am not friends with anyone who is perfectly normal and parks in handicap zone.

18 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You’re better than this AB.

Just teasing you a bit. I don’t run around with stickers on my vehicles or fly any of “those” flags.

That is the official Texas Sesquicentennial Colt .45 from 1986. one of a thousand produced for collectors.
Took me almost 20 years to find one. 
I see nothing wrong with celebrating the Revolution and the pertinent “battle” such as it was.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, locodos said:

Anyone with a Spartan sticker or helmet on their vehicle.  I'm always thinking I wonder if they know anything about the Spartans

• Pedophiles
  • Slavers
  • Monarchists
  • Notoriously shitty cooks
  • Interbred themselves out of relevance

will ferrell cheer GIF by Saturday Night Live

Snl left that out of the perfect cheer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Using political hot buttons (from either end of the spectrum) as a litmus test to determine whether you’ll hate someone is a very good indication that I won’t like you.  

While it’s not fool proof, how you treat someone who can’t do a thing for you is a very good test for whether or not I’ll like you.  

• Hook 'Em 5

18 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

People with vocal fry. 

Yes. 

5 hours ago, nnm said:

Sunglasses worn backwards. With the lenses on the back of the head. 

Absolutely yes

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

People who eat with their mouth open and especially those who smack gum and pop bubbles.

My kids chew with their mouth open at times. I have to constantly remind them. It’s gotten to a point I’ll take away their food or tell them to spit out their gum.

People who use the word bruh.

People who watch Fox News.

Guys with old timey mustaches.

People who let their kids make a mess at restaurants.

My coworker who brags about everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

People who complain about kids’ behavior on airplanes 

Older people who never had kids, especially if theyve never been married. not necessarily that I won’t like these people, but it’s a yellow flag. Almost guaranteed to be very self centered. Never had to put anyone else ahead of themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Older people who never had kids, especially if theyve never been married. not necessarily that I won’t like these people, but it’s a yellow flag. Almost guaranteed to be very self centered. Never had to put anyone else ahead of themselves. 

Somewhat related: working for someone that doesn’t have a family. Always puts the caution up for me because there is a good chance their job is their life and they will expect it to be yours too.
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 8/5/2023 at 9:01 AM, Js1 said:

People who do nothing to talk about work, the good or bad, in every conversation. Like it’s 40+ hours of my week, I don’t want to talk about it or think about it during my time 

This.  Especially if I don't really understand what they do.  Wife has a friend that constantly does this and acts like we know who all these people at her office are.  WTF?  We don't work with you.

1 hour ago, Bevo 3000 said:

People who complain about pets, that are generally FUCKING SILENT, on airplanes.