Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I give my dog a couple raw with her daily kibble.

That's a good source of protein and iron for em.

I think I might make some Saturday.....I generally put them in a foil pack with butter, minced garlic, and whatever seasonings I feel like using that day. Just throw em on the grill with whatever I'm cooking and they're done in like 10 min.

11 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Few things are as good as a sticky toffee pudding

The one at the World's End pub in Edinburgh is definitive.  When my daughter went there to check out the university, she landed late.  Dropped her bags.  Headed to the pub for a drink and a sticky toffee pudding.  There was a line to get in, doorman tells her it will be 30 minutes, she says "I don't give a shit, I flew across an ocean for a drink and a sticky toffee pudding, and I'm going to get both tonight."  

I'm thinking the one in the boy's picture looks too pretty -- I'm guessing that the ladyfriend in the picture brought it over/made it.

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Update from the boy, trying his latest Scottish delicacy….fried sausage and chips:

1f4531ae87455fcec721e20877e8f99f.jpg

And I think a chick was over, because this sticky toffee pudding looks too fancy for him:

31d000a6f2018ecdd0e6e546d619337c.jpg

Are the dates poured over that cake, and then is it sitting on a custard?  The recipes I’ve researched have the dates mixed in the cake, and then the cake is topped with toffee and ice cream or whipped cream. Thanks for the new idea. 

15 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Are the dates poured over that cake, and then is it sitting on a custard?  The recipes I’ve researched have the dates mixed in the cake, and then the cake is topped with toffee and ice cream or whipped cream. Thanks for the new idea. 

Ain't got no clue.  Got clarity -- the girl (a local) made the pudding.  And that's her cold Desperados on the screen.  It's a tequila-flavored beer.  No thanks:

Desperados-330ml.jpg

Man....college kids will drink freaking ANYTHING.  I remember that well.

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Ain't got no clue.  Got clarity -- the girl (a local) made the pudding.  And that's her cold Desperados on the screen.  It's a tequila-flavored beer.  No thanks:

Desperados-330ml.jpg

Man....college kids will drink freaking ANYTHING.  I remember that well.

Sounds like this shit from the late 90's

teq.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

This is gonna be a little hard to make out, but I've got a link of HEB smoked jap sausage laying on a murika hinge, split longways with a beef frank laying in that groove, topped with leftover Wick Fowler's chili, shredded colby jack, onions, fresh japs, homemade peppercorn ranch, and spicy mustard. 
20231008_212713.thumb.jpg.bcc754051bbb07bce06cef91e7699623.jpg

This post is the highlight of my weekend
  • Haha 1

This is gonna be a little hard to make out, but I've got a link of HEB smoked jap sausage laying on a murika hinge, split longways with a beef frank laying in that groove, topped with leftover Wick Fowler's chili, shredded colby jack, onions, fresh japs, homemade peppercorn ranch, and spicy mustard. 
20231008_212713.thumb.jpg.bcc754051bbb07bce06cef91e7699623.jpg

8a4db979d53a174b6e0bd7b113ba39a6.gif
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Repurposed hoagie roll.
2fa34f0a194b27d84a1b31976b00f430.jpg

Did I just stumble into the food war crimes thread?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hoagie?  Why don't you just call it a grinder, you yankee bastard?!?!

I'll be damned, grinder is a new england term!   Grew up eating Zero's (in the south)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I thought Grinder was a specific sandwich with sausage In marinara with peppers and onions and smothered in mozzarella.

At least that’s what the guineas in south Des Moines called ‘em.

Were I grew up (Southern VA) a sub was cold and grinder was hot....  Grinders>subs.

Funny you should post that, my wife is out of town and my 15yo is at ACL so the 11yo is picking all the meals for the two of us this weekend. Friday request was sloppy Joe’s. In a hurry I accidentally grabbed jalapeño cheese dip instead of bean dip. It’ll do though. 
IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.6ccf3c1d50dc5a27e235f6558b6474fd.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

In a hurry I accidentally grabbed jalapeño cheese dip instead of bean dip. It’ll do though. 

I've done the same thing--meant to get jalapeño bean dip and didn't notice my mistake until after popping the top. Sure, cheese dip is serviceable, but when your appetite was set on beans ... fucking disaster.

No issue with the wheat bun, btw. But I'll defer to His Royal Shankness for a proper ruling.

• Hook 'Em 1

Funny you should post that, my wife is out of town and my 15yo is at ACL so the 11yo is picking all the meals for the two of us this weekend. Friday request was sloppy Joe’s. In a hurry I accidentally grabbed jalapeño cheese dip instead of bean dip. It’ll do though. 
IMG_2446.thumb.jpeg.6ccf3c1d50dc5a27e235f6558b6474fd.jpeg

And what else is on her menu?