Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

I started with this recipe, but with a more curry powder, and a whole lot less honey--like maybe a 1/4tsp, at the most.

http://www.thekitchenmaus.com/quick-curry-ketchup/

I also don't mix it in a separate container.  I just buy a smaller bottle of our usual and squirt some out into the existing family-size bottle of the same, to make room for the additives.  I then use a funnel to feed the adds as a slurry, stir it with a chopstick or something, then shake the shit out of it.  takes a day or two to settle in and taste right.

what's funny to me is she's trying to replicate Hela off-the-shelf curry ketchup.  but I'd never had it until I stumbled upon it somewhere, after having made my own a few times.  the Hela stuff was disgusting.  part of it may be the too-sweetness, but it might also be the ketchup base they use, which everyone has their own favorite.

in the process, I figured out how to make my own Hut's hickory sauce, which I think is just ketchup with some liquid smoke and worcestershire.  but I mess with that, too, as my memory changes.

• Hook 'Em 1

yessir.  very much so, sir.  

this was my setup for watching the game, last night:  the intake for the air purifier strategically positioned.  could have pointed it at the tv and been better off.

image.thumb.jpeg.7568f1935cd47ba503d4c9aa4b8958e2.jpeg

in the process, I figured out how to make my own Hut's hickory sauce, which I think is just ketchup with some liquid smoke and worcestershire.  but I mess with that, too, as my memory changes.

Where's my Theta you sonofabitch?

test driving some HEB frozen 'thinly-sliced sirloin beef'.  not bad, but needed a little zip, and I don't know where to get the hot pepper relish locally, anymore.  used chili-garlic paste and some peperoncinis.   left over purple hulls and mashed on the side.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c30c3fc7ff62fe4205b1c33bbf8b548.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6

Made a batch of pickled soft boiled eggs this week.  Eggs thrown in a mix of a can sliced jalapeños and juice, pickle juice, a few things of garlic, some habanero pepper sauce, a little soy sauce, Cajun Bait smoked jalapeño blend and pepper.  Delicious! 

IMG_5434.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

Maybe he hasn’t bought a camera phone yet and was just saying this is what he’s doing.

That's a good point. Maybe Chicken Sandwich, in the fog of glee and hunger upon seeing the pic, somehow thought his buddy was making it, when said buddy was merely saying, "Hey, Chicken Sandwich, check this out!"

Edited by Steel Shank

37 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

That's a good point. Maybe Chicken Sandwich, in the fog of glee and hunger upon seeing the pic, somehow thought his buddy was making it, when said buddy was merely saying, "Hey, Chicken Sandwich, check this out!"

This is a job for the Special Investigators.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, wd40 said:

test driving some HEB frozen 'thinly-sliced sirloin beef'.  not bad, but needed a little zip, and I don't know where to get the hot pepper relish locally, anymore.  used chili-garlic paste and some peperoncinis.   left over purple hulls and mashed on the side.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c30c3fc7ff62fe4205b1c33bbf8b548.jpeg

Pos rep for the Corelle leaded plate.