Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

What makes you think Ewers beats him out ?

Burp Ugh GIF by Schoolyard TV

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I was just hoping he would throw a TD pass and we could have an article about "Arch Manning leads Texas to victory"

The fb click bait will be about the pressure sark was under to play him or lose him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Arch showed some talent 

1. He runs like Cooper. Good athlete

2. That release is Marino like. He gets the ball out fast.. 

3. His pocket presence may be the best in the QB room

4. His decision making was quick

This was all in garbage time vs a beaten down defense, so there is a lot of extrapolation going on. It’s completely irrational, but I want to see more 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

NSIAP... Why Arch took a lot of reps vs tech

The final injury Sarkisian updated was that of backup quarterback Maalik Murphy, who he said was injured on the sideline after a collision during a kick return. Per Sarkisian, Murphy injured his 'non-throwing shoulder'

• Haha 1

This is why I was basically apoplectic on MM playing 100% of both games with Quinn out. It was stupid of Sark. Trying to thread a needle (keeping MM in the program) that should have never been a thing. A small part of me was concerned that MM might actually be better than Arch which would have been literally terrifying, but pretty obvious now it was about something else. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is why I was basically apoplectic on MM playing 100% of both games with Quinn out. It was stupid of Sark. Trying to thread a needle (keeping MM in the program) that should have never been a thing. A small part of me was concerned that MM might actually be better than Arch which would have been literally terrifying, but pretty obvious now it was about something else. 

I believe Sark was doing all he could to prevent burning his redshirt. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But it worked so don't be a bitch. 

Process. It was a bad decision and I’ve been ahead of everyone here that sark is gonna be a great coach. But that wasn’t a good decision. 

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I believe Sark was doing all he could to prevent burning his redshirt. 

He was never going to be here 5 years. You might be correct but it was abject silliness.  

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

If you watch that last night and don’t see it I can’t help you. He’s gonna be great. 

He might be. However, let’s go back to the first quarter of MM playing and you’ll find people saying the same shit about him. “Do we even want Quinn coming back?” People make dumb predictions off small sample sizes all the time. Jerrod Heard was the 2nd coming of VY after the Cal game…

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He was never going to be here 5 years. You might be correct but it was abject silliness.  

No silliness if it was part of the agreement with the family.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

He might be. However, let’s go back to the first quarter of MM playing and you’ll find people saying the same shit about him. “Do we even want Quinn coming back?” People make dumb predictions off small sample sizes all the time. Jerrod Heard was the 2nd coming of VY after the Cal game…

That last part has to be it, I guess. I don’t think it was ever meant to be a suicide pact where the awesome season went down in flames, and should have been revisited, but yeah, have to keep your word in recruiting game I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Malik wouldn’t run when things were covered. Didn’t look anywhere near as comfortable as Arch in the pocket. If you watch enough ball, you know the glimpses you saw last night. Ewers and Malik offer no RPO threat whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Malik wouldn’t run when things were covered. Didn’t look anywhere near as comfortable as Arch in the pocket. If you watch enough ball, you know the glimpses you saw last night. Ewers and Malik offer no RPO threat whatsoever.

I liked most of what I saw, but I’ll let it play out before anointing the guy. I’m hopeful, but also know pressure has a way of changing people.

Arch 99% isnt going to be in college football 5 years, but that redshirt is still valuable and gives him(us!!!) some leverage later in his career. 

Say some trash NFL team like the Raiders (or Colts lol) holds the #1 pick after Arch's year 3 or year 4. His team has the option of telling that team to GFY and coming back to Texas for his $5 million NIL. They can use that leverage to pressure that shit team into trading that #1 pick to a family approved favorable situation. 

The Mannings did this with Eli when he came out, and they didn't even have the option of coming back

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He has an absolute cannon and it comes out in a Marino-like delivery. Plus he looks to have at a minimum Colt-like mobility. You can still identify traits even if it is in garbage time. 

I also spotted the wisdom of Confucius and the tactical genius of Sun Tzu.

Rumor is, if he gets hit late, he has the acting ability of Tom Hanks.

Just the total package.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, B00M said:

The people trying to draw big conclusions from that performance in garbage time might be insane but DKR was fucking electric over Arch. How weird must it feel to throw an incomplete pass and the crowd still erupts for you? 

I have experienced this while my friends followed my amorous pursuits in social situations.

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Arch showed some talent 

1. He runs like Cooper. Good athlete

2. That release is Marino like. He gets the ball out fast.. 

3. His pocket presence may be the best in the QB room

4. His decision making was quick

This was all in garbage time vs a beaten down defense, so there is a lot of extrapolation going on. It’s completely irrational, but I want to see more 

Last night when responding to a text, I mentioned to an out-of-state friend whose only connection to UT is me that-

Arch will be our best QB since Colt.

Don’t know if he will be better than Colt, but Quinn has won 9 regular season games and Sam won 9 regular season games once. They are the standard for our best QBs since Colt. Arch will be better than both.

Arch “growing up Manning” has prepared him for reading defenses and on-schedule plays.

Arch playing for a small private school with no offensive line has prepared him for “off-schedule plays”.

Arch being Cooper’s son, Archie’s grandson, and playing basketball has provided him with the genes & cross training the move in the pocket and frequently escape when necessary.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Process. It was a bad decision and I’ve been ahead of everyone here that sark is gonna be a great coach. But that wasn’t a good decision. 

It was a “culture decision” in addition to keeping an eye out for the red shirt.

Arch hadn’t taken a snap and had only been with the team since January. Maalik was always going to get those starts.

Then, Maalik played well enough to eke out a win, but not well enough to trust a true freshman to make his debut, because there wasn’t any mop-up duty.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

45 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Arch 99% isnt going to be in college football 5 years, but that redshirt is still valuable and gives him(us!!!) some leverage later in his career. 

This. It was widely reported that he and his family wanted him to redshirt. But even if that weren’t the case, assuming we get 3 years out of him (or 2… whatever), starting the clock on those years when he’s 19 and been in the program a year is better for us and for him.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, B00M said:

The people trying to draw big conclusions from that performance in garbage time might be insane but DKR was fucking electric over Arch. How weird must it feel to throw an incomplete pass and the crowd still erupts for you? 

Now I hope everyone sees why Sark didn't start him over Maalik. 

The expectations are so high, it needs to be garbage time or he needs to be fully ready. 

If Arch went out and lost to BYU it would be on ESPN and a huge deal. 

8 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

What about Malik?

Maalik hasn't played in like 4 years he's still knocking the rust off. 

Also I think injuries have further limited his movement. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Ewers had long rushing touchdowns and first downs early in the season dude. He's playing hurt now so he second guesses and throws the ball away or takes sacks. 

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Ewers had long rushing touchdowns and first downs early in the season dude. He's playing hurt now so he second guesses and throws the ball away or takes sacks. 

Yeah it’s pretty clear he’s under orders to not get hit. He actually slid feet first in the pocket today. Not sure I have ever seen that. Quinn is plenty athletic enough (when healthy) to pick up some yards that are gimmes. Arch is a level above that athletically. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1