Rebel Moon

Buzzrock

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve always wondered if, before the JL director’s cut, we had seen a Zach Snyder film that was mostly free from studio interference.  Probably 300.  Maybe Watchmen.

I liked Watchmen

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

Watchmen was a literal shot for shot remake of the comic book and he still managed to fuck up the message. The HBO series was a billion times better; the guy simply doesn't understand the material hes adapting and the limit of his creativity is  "dark costumes are cool "

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m cautiously optimistic because it’s Zach Snyder, but I think he has a good idea. Star Wars for adults. He pitched the idea to Lucasfilm in 2012 before they were acquired by Disney. 

you are cautiously optimistic because it's Zach Snyder?

• Haha 1

they're spending a billion dollars on the movie/marketing when they should've allocated 50mm or so for a movie star or two.

I think sci-fi often works better with lesser known actors. There are quite a few I like in this one though: Charlie Hunnam, Jena Malone, Corey Stoll, Djimon Hounsou, Cary Elwes, and Anthony Hopkins.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve always wondered if, before the JL director’s cut, we had seen a Zach Snyder film that was mostly free from studio interference.  Probably 300.  Maybe Watchmen.

I liked Watchmen

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

Watchman was okay but again, it’s the same movie every time. He’s the Michael Bay of excessive slow motion, dark, edgelord style. 

On 8/27/2023 at 10:21 PM, Michael Knight said:

Watchmen was a literal shot for shot remake of the comic book and he still managed to fuck up the message. The HBO series was a billion times better; the guy simply doesn't understand the material hes adapting and the limit of his creativity is  "dark costumes are cool "

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Watchman was okay but again, it’s the same movie every time. He’s the Michael Bay of excessive slow motion, dark, edgelord style. 

Being familiar with the comics, and this may seem odd, but a lot of the issues with the movie didn't bother me - it'd be a like a Harry Potter fan who devours the books and then is willing to ignore them changing a few characters around or dropping some character or sub-plots for the movies.  And ironically, HBO is doing a massive Harry Potter series, a season per book, so the book fans will get their chance to see things filled out, just as the Watchmen TV series filled out some things.

I just loved the styling and cast of the Watchmen movie. 

A lot of the cast were just perfect, and how much of that was Snyder and how much was him conveying what he wanted to the casting director, I don't know, but he has brought the the Watchmen casting director along with him through his animated and DC movies (and she was with him before Watchmen I believe).

What do you know - he brought the same casting director along for Rebel Moon.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 8:22 AM, Longhornfan1024 said:

300 is an overrated shit fest that is only popular because it allowed a bunch of closeted so-call alphas watch a movie with a bunch of scantily clad dudes with ripped abs without having to come out or come to terms with their own sexuality.  

Confused Look Around GIF by ABC Network

48 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

as expected 

image.png.9f33c46086fb911c774b44eaad375609.png

It's completely his own thing. Willing to watch it. 

I’m in the last 15 minutes of this piece of shit.

Nothing happens in this movie. I know it’s just setting stuff up for the next one but it’s scene after scene of “join us and fight” speeches with poorly executed fight scenes in between.

It reminds me of those old 80s low budget sci fi/fantasy films you’d watch as a kid for tits and bush but with this one, you get all the bad acting and cheese with no tits and bush.

Skip it unless you like being bored.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I’m in the last 15 minutes of this piece of shit.

Nothing happens in this movie. I know it’s just setting stuff up for the next one but it’s scene after scene of “join us and fight” speeches with poorly executed fight scenes in between.

It reminds me of those old 80s low budget sci fi/fantasy films you’d watch as a kid for tits and bush but with this one, you get all the bad acting and cheese with no tits and bush.

Skip it unless you like being bored.

Hey now

image.thumb.png.371b830a48ba3190be69aefd502d3208.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2