Week 1 2023 - Rice @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

On 8/27/2023 at 5:36 PM, Tex Long said:

Back in the proverbial day, 0U was almost always our first day game of the year, and kickoff time depended on where the World Series game was being played on that day.

Define "proverbial day" because I was at UT in the early/mid 90's and remember quite a few pre-OU day games in Austin.

6 minutes ago, bangkok said:

i’ll be watching ewers most closely.

expect to see 300+ yards and 3+ tds. against rice, he should be able to find worthy, whittington, mitchell, neyor, and our stable of wr’s with ease. one or two first game jitters are excusable, a tipped pass intercepted or a couple of others well off target, fine, just hit most of the rest of them. i’m not asking for perfection, not for a burrow 2019 or rg3 2011. just show consistency and poise and accuracy. a bit of ehlinger-esque toughness would be nice too, or at least a bit more leadership - let’s see if he’s matured.

if he can’t manage that against rice, projecting in the top few rounds of the draft with a potential big12 championship on the way out becomes much less likely. he should be dominant against much less talented teams if he’s going to compete in the nfl next year. he should be very good against equally talented teams also, and we’ll learn more about that next week.

hope to see our ground game get established with 200+ yards. with one of our weaknesses being the lack of rb experience, i’d like to see brooks, keilan, and baxter all flash on big plays so we can head to tuscaloosa with a bit of momentum in that room. not only for our own confidence, but having saban need to prep for 3 rb’s couldn’t hurt.

on defense, i think giving up 10 should be the maximum expected. a blown coverage td or pick six or big special teams play, and only one decent drive for the owls ending short but within field goal range. let’s get some pressure on jt and get stops on 3rd downs, a couple of turnovers.

my pick: 42-3

spacer.png

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Wagon Wheel is a song about driving from New Hampshire to North Carolina, written by a band from Boone that's based in Nashville. Not a particularly Texan choice.

Nah, it's all about cheese ...

Edited by sith_horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

whole lotta wussiness going on up in here.  you guys are complaining that its going to be too hot.  you're going to be sitting down, wearing comfortable clothes, holding a cold beverage, expending zero energy.  and your whiny asses want to lodge a formal complaint.  the players will be in full pads, practically running wind sprints for 3 hours, and theyve been doing it all summer.  all you gotta do is sit there and clap (if you can see yourself to it).  do as all a favor and stay home and give your tickets to someone with a little more grit in their character.

I’ll take the ticket as I can’t find a big enough clear bag to fit my nephew and 3 water bottles of rum.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I'm not sure if this is real or satire.

But, I am sure that Eric B and Rakim have taken shits that had more talent than this.

Edited by TexArcher
Also, we're gonna fuck Rice up horribly. Old school Texas ass whippings are making a comeback this year. 52-7. Fuck 'em.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, texasdago said:

Pay Green at Longhorn City Limits. Meh. 

It’s early enough in the day where he won’t be so drunk he starts making fun of the crowd and gets booed off stage.   I know of three incidents like that with him.  One being the St. Davis fundraiser like 8-10 years ago but one was also three years ago.  He’s a real dbag who thinks he more important than he is.. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

No, I meant Pat Green actually went to Tech, right?  So, the whole d-bag who thinks he's more important than he is thing is pretty standard.

Oh yeah. Totally understood the context of your comment. My comment still stands.  

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

No, I meant Pat Green actually went to Tech, right?  So, the whole d-bag who thinks he's more important than he is thing is pretty standard.

Honestly I've never really gotten that vibe from Tech grads. They've always been more like aimless dipshits that are fun to hang out with to me. 

Self important dbag is more my alma mater. Or TCU. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

It’s early enough in the day where he won’t be so drunk he starts making fun of the crowd and gets booed off stage.   I know of three incidents like that with him.  One being the St. Davis fundraiser like 8-10 years ago but one was also three years ago.  He’s a real dbag who thinks he more important than he is.. 

A buddy of mine went to a corporate gig he played in the spring at Whitewater and he got trashed and was booed offstage.

Totally agree with your statement. I never understood why he was so popular for such shitty music. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1