Fuck Brett Yormark

hobbs

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Today... 😋

Monday: No Big 12 Teams on Future Schedule

By Bobby Burton       51 minutes ago

It should come as little surprise, but for those thinking that Texas may attempt to rekindle a game with Texas Tech, Baylor, or any other Big 12 team soon, I am told don't hold your breath.

According to a high-ranking university source, the riff between Texas and the Big 12 has not ebbed in recent months, even if it is no longer a major topic within the athletic department.

Brett Yormark's public pre-season comments in Lubbock and those of deputy Big 12 commissioner Tim Weiser on radio row at Big 12 media days still echo in the memories of Texas power brokers. Those words and actions have swayed the current University of Texas athletic leadership to no longer genuinely contemplate playing any former Big 12 school in football or basketball. Not for the foreseeable future.

When Texas (and Oklahoma) first accepted the invitation to move into the SEC, Tech attempted to publicly negotiate an agreement with the Horns to continue playing an annual football game. The Red Raiders can now put those plans in the rear-view mirror.

"It's just not going to happen," the source said of any Big 12 teams on the future schedule in football or basketball. "The Big 12 made their bed."

The attitude of others toward Texas apparently plays a role in that decision.

"We're the bad guys," the source said. "We're always the bad guys when all we want is what's best for us. Any one of them would have done the same if they had gotten the invite (to the SEC) that we did."

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

When Texas (and Oklahoma) first accepted the invitation to move into the SEC, Tech attempted to publicly negotiate an agreement with the Horns to continue playing an annual football game.

Oh man, great great thing that never happened. If Yormark's stupidity sank that then all the shit was worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I find it particularly funny that those fuckwits swapped Oregon for Washington State, so that Ducks and Beavers could continue their annual meeting, in what was an attempt at a good faith gesture about respecting historical rivalries…aimed at Austin. Nice try, losers. In the realm of rivalries, y’all aren’t even in Texas’ top five. Get fucked.

IMG_0617.thumb.jpeg.adf858b491e7d1decc97aef690c2a066.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, Cajun said:

This.

It's a terrible venue for college football.

I only mentioned ATT and NRG as examples, because when LSU played TCU in Texas, they insisted the game be at ATT instead of Amon Carter. When Ole Miss played Tech, they insisted on NRG. The key point- there is no reason for Texas to ever play a game in this state in any stadium that doesn’t provide 40k tix min just for Texas fans. That we have played games at Jones, Amon Carter, UH and McLane, allowing them sellouts and supporting season tix sales, has been a century long gift that has become taken for granted. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

I only mentioned ATT and NRG as examples, because when LSU played TCU in Texas, they insisted the game be at ATT instead of Amon Carter. When Ole Miss played Tech, they insisted on NRG. The key point- there is no reason for Texas to ever play a game in this state in any stadium that doesn’t provide 40k tix min just for Texas fans. That we have played games at Jones, Amon Carter, UH and McLane, allowing them sellouts and supporting season tix sales, has been a century long gift that has become taken for granted. 

Lolz.

Texas can’t even sell out their little basketball arena.

But keep rolling along ole powerful dudes…

I will agree the posturing by Hocutt is bullshit.  Tech and Texas aren’t playing in football unless it is a bowl or kickoff classic.  It’s been obvious from the jump.  I didn’t like Texas playing up the, “Well if Tech would have behaved better” bullshit and I don’t care for Tech’s bellyaching either.  Go make your own ways, and good luck!

9 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Seeing a decade of horrific officiating, where we were outpenalized 90% of the time must have been impactful to our decision-making.

C'mon, that was just random coincidence. Nothing intentional. Just ask all the little 12 posters here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Lulz.  Basketball attendance smack?  Syracuse and creighton draw well and just like Tech, they aren’t invited to the party either.  Bye bye

What happened at your house of hoops should NEVER fucking happen by such a huge , all powerful entity. It wasn’t an exception either.

Syracuse and Creighton ain’t doing that shit on the road, so nice fucking diversion.

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

What happened at your house of hoops should NEVER fucking happen by such a huge , all powerful entity. It wasn’t an exception either.

Syracuse and Creighton ain’t doing that shit on the road, so nice fucking diversion.

Meh....there sure were a lot of people at 57-7 though 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not sure I can put this politely so here goes.  dwayne johnson look at all the fucks i give GIF by Jerology

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, slorch said:

The fact that I have no idea what “happened” is probably a good indicator of basketball’s level of relevance to this conversation.

What should NEVER happen is losing to Maryland or Cal or kicking off both halves of a game or having Steve Patterson anywhere near Belmont, or agreeing to play road nonconference football games that don’t serve the University of Texas’s best interest. Failing to sell tickets to a basketball game (?) is whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Interesting. Not sure I recall hearing that the SEC initially reached out to Texas or it was the other way around.  Don’t believe I’ve heard that before. 

It's all part of the game.  Texas has to say the SEC invited us.  If Texas officials say "it was a mutual discussion that was occurring through back-channels for three years before anyone outside the close circle ever became aware of it," that has potential undesirable legal ramifications for UT.

52 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Nice job trying to shoehorn an attendance dig at us into the conversation here. Quite the sick burn!

That's just the kinda hot take slorch uses to keep him warm while tech wanders the cold, desolate wasteland of irrelevance (aka "Lubbock").

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, SamMan said:

In the realm of rivalries, y’all aren’t even in Texas’ top five. Get fucked.

IMG_0617.thumb.jpeg.adf858b491e7d1decc97aef690c2a066.jpeg

Who are Texas’ TOP 5 Rivalries?

1) OU

2) Arkansas

3) A&M (I guess)

4) SMU ?

5) Rice / Baylor ?

I’m stumped after the Top 3, because Kansas has only been basketball, TCU doesn’t register, Nebraska was only for about 15 to 20 years, and it was really one-sided, but it did also encompass women’s volleyball. LSU has never been what it could be.

Just wondering who makes the TOP FIVE.

Edited by Napoleon

3 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Still wondering what happened in dribble ball that has Slorch feeling cocky. 

You fuckers don't even support your own team... and it's not just the score, but the environment.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Finger-For-UT-Erwin-Center-nears-a-fitting-end-16932966.php

https://www.si.com/college/texas/mens-basketball/texas-longhorns-out-muscled-texas-tech-red-raiders-big-12-opener

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Live shot of Slorch...

angry-beating.gif

and y'all's responses that you don't care are lies.  It's your version of "RC never offered."

Don’t care about what? That the tech tards lucky enough to not live in west Texas are willing to outspend Texas fans for the one game a year in Austin?

I’m a season ticket holder and was there. It was annoying as fuck, but it wasn’t some referendum on which school had better fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That Tech game at UH, whenever it happens, will be electric. I’m sure slorch will attend and post photos of the amazing crowd. 

I wonder who the big 12 wil send to the power 3 convention. 

anyways I think a rivalry with coogar high is a bit to regional for a national powerhouse like tech. UCF and….(checks notes)….Cincinnati, McGuire is coming for you!

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not sure we're all even following what you think we should be caring about here. Texas packs Moody and the venue has been praised effusively for its environment. DKR was at or near sellout for 13 years of wandering in the wilderness and obviously this season and pre-2010. The Disch is always packed and Texas is one of the only schools that makes a profit on baseball. Women's volleyball sells out regularly. Women's basketball and softball always have great crowds. Austin is a big city with lots of shit to do and people still show up to UT events in droves, unlike almost every left behind schools' towns or cities. Obviously Lubbock is included in that list at the top. Yet your attendance can't hold a candle to UT's on a sport by sport basis in almost every instance. 

The Drum sucked. No shit? It's not our problem anymore.

Talking attendance, following, and brand smack as a Tech fan to Texas fans is one of the more absurd things I've witnessed lately. I'm trying to figure out if I am missing a point or a joke or something. You can't really be serious.

Tech beat down Kansas like it owed it money this weekend so Slorch is feeling froggy. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Tech beat down Kansas like it owed it money this weekend so Slorch is feeling froggy. 

Sure. Teams going to play in Lubbock have to deal with the very real problem of wrestling a pig. You get all stinky and dirty, meanwhile the pig is enjoying it. Their fair-weather fans and athletes can always get up for Texas or a highly ranked opponent.

It's too bad those idiots can't play Texas every week at home, I guess. No different than the actual pigs in Fayetteville. That's a mark of a truly despicable program, in my opinion. They don't really give a fuck about themselves, which is they're perennially mediocre in everything. All they give a shit about is ruining their big brother's season and they don't even really do that very often. Their identity is merely that they hate big, bad Texas.

That's still Arkansas' problem and that's what's largely made them irrelevant in the SEC. It will be Tech's in the Big 12, and it will have the same result. At least ISU, KSU, KU, WVU, Okie State, UCF, Cincinnati, and the four corner schools all have their own identity. Sure, they like beating Texas, but that's just fun. Baylor, TCU, Tech, and UH are about to have a major Arkansas-esque problem. Their true raison d'etre is no longer present. They're going to flail into failure directly as a result. It's going to be fun to watch.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sure. Teams going to play in Lubbock have to deal with the very real problem of wrestling a pig. You get all stinky and dirty, meanwhile the pig is enjoying it. Their fair-weather fans and athletes can always get up for Texas or a highly ranked opponent.

It's too bad those idiots can't play Texas every week at home, I guess. No different than the actual pigs in Fayetteville. That's a mark of a truly despicable program, in my opinion. They don't really give a fuck about themselves, which is they're perennially mediocre in everything. All they give a shit about is ruining their big brother's season and they don't even really do that very often. Their identity is merely that they hate big, bad Texas.

That's still Arkansas' problem and that's what's largely made them irrelevant in the SEC. It will be Tech's in the Big 12, and it will have the same result. At least ISU, KSU, KU, WVU, Okie State, UCF, Cincinnati, and the four corner schools all have their own identity. Sure, they like beating Texas, but that's just fun. Baylor, TCU, Tech, and UH are about to have a major Arkansas-esque problem. Their true raison d'etre is no longer present. They're going to flail into failure directly as a result. It's going to be fun to watch.

Baylor and TCU in particular are going to be hurt the most by Texas leaving. Houston is a never was, so who gives a shit about them. There is absolutely zero national relevance to those programs until they beat Texas at something. Even their basketball teams don't really get paid attention to until they beat us. Now they will become one of those schools that you only ever hear anything about during March Madness like Davidson or Gonzaga, and I am absolutely here for it. Oh you won a B12 championship in football once a decade? Cool, enjoy your ass kicking in the first round of the playoffs by one of the top 3 seeds.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/13/2024 at 6:56 AM, slorch said:

Lolz.

Texas can’t even sell out their little basketball arena.

But keep rolling along ole powerful dudes…

I will agree the posturing by Hocutt is bullshit.  Tech and Texas aren’t playing in football unless it is a bowl or kickoff classic.  It’s been obvious from the jump.  I didn’t like Texas playing up the, “Well if Tech would have behaved better” bullshit and I don’t care for Tech’s bellyaching either.  Go make your own ways, and good luck!

This smells like butthurt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Texas Tech Home Football Schedules - The History and Quality Run Deep

Abilene Christian (1st meeting)

North Texas (6th meeting)

Arizona State (5th meeting)

Cincinnati (2nd meeting)

Baylor (81st meeting)

Colorado (11th meeting)

West Virginia (14th meeting)

Arkansas Pine-Bluff (1st meeting)

Oregon State (2nd meeting)

BYU (3rd meeting)

Oklahoma State (51st meeting)

Kansas (26th meeting) 

UCF (2nd meeting)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Cincinnati (2nd meeting)

Baylor (81st meeting)

Colorado (11th meeting)

BYU (3rd meeting)

Oklahoma State (51st meeting)

Kansas (26th meeting) 

UCF (2nd meeting)

I was surprised by ACU, and looked it up; they played before in 1941 and 1949 (West Texas State and Hardin-Simmons are the ones they played a score of times before)

Edited by statsman

24 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Cincinnati (2nd meeting)

Baylor (81st meeting)

Colorado (11th meeting)