Rice at Texas - Game 1

Pancho

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Let’s put our less mobile QB out there!

It’s not just mobility. Ewers is clueless about pressure and pocket presence. We need a QB that has some ability to feel pressure. Maybe that Maalik, maybe it’s not. But it certainly is not Ewers. He is simply not good enough to play QB here if we want to contend for anything 

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Guys we play fucking Alabama next week and we're barely tolerating Rice 

They'll probably be a little more motivated against Bama in Tuscaloosa and that makes a fuckton of difference.

Human nature is part of college football, and Rice doesn't inspire anyone's best effort.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Deadass the 3rd quarter looks like this I’m heading back. 

Payton Manning said half time adjustments are a myth. He said he never once in his entire football career at any level had "half time adjustments." He said every half time ever was the same thing, you go in, pee, eat some orange slices, then go back out and win the game.

How the fuck did Flood coach OL for Saban? Every one of these fuckers played last season and they're fucking up blocking assignments like freshmen in spring ball. 

First half about as good as can be expected from the defense. As big of an embarrassing flaming bag of porch shit as could have happened offensively. Burt Auburn with more first half points than the offense. Against a Rice defense. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

How do you get the ball with 4:30 left and 3 timeouts yet run out of time on the drive? WTF kind of clock management is that?

It's not the time, it's the humidity.  

Thought our OL was supposed to be a strength for once.  

Ah well, maybe we end up covering but not promising for Alabama.  

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

They'll probably be a little more motivated against Bama in Tuscaloosa and that makes a fuckton of difference.

Human nature is part of the college football, and Rice doesn't inspire anyone's best effort.

Shut the fuck up aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Worst offensive half of Sark’s tenure, given the opponent. 

I mean, you know he's holding back so Alabama doesn't have current game tape on our "good stuff".

But this first half play makes you wonder if there is any good stuff at all.
O-line has regressed and QB play doesn't look improved at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Payton Manning said half time adjustments are a myth. He said he never once in his entire football career at any level had "half time adjustments." He said every half time ever was the same thing, you go in, pee, eat some orange slices, then go back out and win the game.

And Payton's full of shit, on that subject.

11 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I worked very hard for a long goddamned time to earn having every Saturday off. When I was deployed, I sacrificed sleep to watch the Longhorns. Underneath my uniform, I wore my GameDay shirt for every game.

Don't make excuses, create solutions.

So I’m supposed to say we’re closed and just leave? I mean that’s fine with me

• Hook 'Em 1

If we underachieve this year like at 7-5, then CDC better make an ultimatum to hire a real OC with the same philosophy as Sark. Of course he won’t and he’ll go down with the sinking ship after a bad SEC season debut and we’ll be set back AGAIN. I just hope Sark pulls his head from his ass and not let it get to that point…. but I’m not confident.

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Serious question, do these guys even practice in the off-season? 

Like, how the fuck are you this shit after a full off-season of work?  

Ewers looks worse.  O-line looks worse.  How is that possible?

What starts here only gets worse. 

Edited by Deej
  • Rage+1 1