Tceh suffers crushing 2OT defeat at Wyoming

WBT

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Maybe this place isn't for you if you take it that seriously. We're completely free to laugh when the Big 12 shits the bed. Same as what Big 12 fan bases do when Texas does the same. We just need to be done with each other and move on with life. 

I can tell you this- once we move on I will never spend one second thinking about anyone left behind. Just like I’ve devoted zero brain space to Nebraska, Missouri etc. 

it will be so glorious for them all to be irrelevant and to have nothing to do with them.
to the extent I care (not at all) I guess I’d pick OSU or ISU to run the conference without us.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

That’s exactly what I meant. Am I the only one who remembers where we were a year ago? Jesus Christ, you guys can be some fucking assholes. First you leave us for dead, write our obituaries, and celebrate our death. We crawl from the depths to scratch our way back to life and set ourselves up to be the #3 conference and now you act like we shouldn’t be happy to just be alive. You guys can really be some arrogant hypocritical dicks.

As a long time Austin resident, I think I view the UT fan base on a micro level. All my UT fan friends are cool and reasonable folks who never act like the people in this thread. When I step back and get the overhead macro view, everything people say about you is true. You’re really awful. It’s probably the one thing aggy is actually right about.

Such an interesting post. My viewpoint is different. CU, Mizzou, A&M and NU defect with the latter two in particular saying we were a problem. Regardless of Dodds’ work to put the Lone Star Network and split proceeds with A&M 50/50, and our non-starter caveat in 1996 that Nebraska must cease Prop 48s, which helped everyone in the conference, including OSU, level the playing field. Nebraska knew this and when they were average after about 7-8 years, they started to blame us. Whatever. The conference got weaker with the defections and all defectors were worse off. 

Seeing the landscape, we saw what was best for us and our longtime partner did too. We made the right decision except we should have departed long ago, because officiating and our jackass commissioner are openly hostile to us. So we celebrate in a non official way (on a non-school sanctioned message board) the failure of, mainly, three shitbirds: Yormark, McGuire and the institution of Baylor University. I don’t know of anyone that wishes ill toward OSU, despite Big 12 refs handing you a game 7-8 years ago in Austin, but here you are whining. 

Jesus Christ, you guys can be some fucking assholes. First you leave us for dead, write our obituaries, and celebrate our death. We crawl from the depths to scratch our way back to life and set ourselves up to be the #3 conference and now you act like we shouldn’t be happy to just be alive. You guys can really be some arrogant hypocritical dicks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

I'm kinda shocked that @Go Pokes is on a thread where fans are openly laughing at tech's stepping on their 3-inch peckers on national TV after an offseason of chirping. Doesn't oSu derisively refer to tech as xerox-u and claim they've stolen their traditions like the guns up hand sign, little horsey running onto the field, and losing under the bright lights on the rare opportunity either of them have a chance to play for something signficant?

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

As a long time Austin resident, I think I view the UT fan base on a micro level. All my UT fan friends are cool and reasonable folks who never act like the people in this thread. When I step back and get the overhead macro view, everything people say about you is true. You’re really awful. It’s probably the one thing aggy is actually right about.

A visitor dude on a longhorn board talking about online longhorns being meanies is quite something.  Top ten dumbest paragraphs I've read on here...well, non-CR paragraphs.

Be a man and make fun of us for looking like shit versus Rice or something, damn.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm kinda shocked that @Go Pokes is on a thread where fans are openly laughing at tech's stepping on their 3-inch peckers on national TV after an offseason of chirping. Doesn't oSu derisively refer to tech as xerox-u and claim they've stolen their traditions like the guns up hand sign, little horsey running onto the field, and losing under the bright lights on the rare opportunity either of them have a chance to play for something signficant?

JesusJohnny.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I thought it was tech that referred to them as xerox-u or xerox-state

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tceh suffers crushing 2OT defeat at Wyoming
1 hour ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Tech has always struggled against Colorado and teams who have yellow and black as team colors for some reason.

The contractor that built the administration building at Tech went bankrupt building Lubbock High, whose colors are yellow and black.  Must be some kind of bumblebee curse or something.

• Haha 4

That [mention=1776]Go Pokes[/mention] post is everything wrong with how other fanbases perceive Texas.
The Big 12 commissioner mocks Texas/OU all offseason, coaches like Joey McGuire talk shit all offseason, etc. Now when the Big 12 flops in week 1, "Texas is a meany" because they decided to mock these loudmouth morons. 
Don't talk if you can't take it in return. 

Bingo. I know the rival internet commentary is that we will struggle being in a conference with other powerhouses, but honestly I’m looking forward to having conference-mates that don’t all try to out Little Brother each other.
  • Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

That’s exactly what I meant. Am I the only one who remembers where we were a year ago? Jesus Christ, you guys can be some fucking assholes. First you leave us for dead, write our obituaries, and celebrate our death. We crawl from the depths to scratch our way back to life and set ourselves up to be the #3 conference and now you act like we shouldn’t be happy to just be alive. You guys can really be some arrogant hypocritical dicks.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

You suck at considering context.

7 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Get fucked, you aggy wannabes 

Given that Tech hates aggy even more than we do, this is just cold.

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Sometimes a Cowboy beats an STD patient 

🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

I woke up this morning still laughing.

I might need to see a doctor. Been on the ceiling all day, like in Mary Poppins.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Don’t let this place taint your perception of reality. Even I think half the people here are morons

lol he said taint

2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

For what it's worth, I am cool and reasonable in real life, ...

Well I'm not. I'm exactly as much as a dingus as I appear to be. Maybe even worse.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I can tell you this- once we move on I will never spend one second thinking about anyone left behind. Just like I’ve devoted zero brain space to Nebraska, Missouri etc. 

it will be so glorious for them all to be irrelevant and to have nothing to do with them.
to the extent I care (not at all) I guess I’d pick OSU or ISU to run the conference without us.  

Oh, I wouldn't say so. I might turn on the TV one Fall Saturday morning and see Tech losing to some FCS school, and stay tuned in for the lulz. I'll then spend several minutes chirping about it here.

Because that shit is fun.

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Bingo. I know the rival internet commentary is that we will struggle being in a conference with other powerhouses, but honestly I’m looking forward to having conference-mates that don’t all try to out Little Brother each other.

You DO realize who is in the conference we're joining, right? Weird cult? Milkmen? Dead dog worship?

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hornbeliever said:

A visitor dude on a longhorn board talking about online longhorns being meanies is quite something.  Top ten dumbest paragraphs I've read on here...well, non-CR paragraphs.

Be a man and make fun of us for looking like shit versus Rice or something, damn.  

Anyone that comes to Surly whining about their feeling getting hurt can suck a burnt Orange dick!

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Given that Tech hates aggy even more than we do, this is just cold.

🤣🤣🤣

I might need to see a doctor. Been on the ceiling all day, like in Mary Poppins.

lol he said taint

Well I'm not. I'm exactly as much as a dingus as I appear to be. Maybe even worse.

Oh, I wouldn't say so. I might turn on the TV one Fall Saturday morning and see Tech losing to some FCS school, and stay tuned in for the lulz. I'll then spend several minutes chirping about it here.

Because that shit is fun.

You DO realize who is in the conference we're joining, right? Weird cult? Milkmen? Dead dog worship?

Maybe we can start making a push to kick aggy out of the SEC after a couple of years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Not really. Next year is week 1 of the new big 12 when it'll have a tad more relevance than the Sunbelt

With a 12 team playoff they will be in it every year, especially with all those PAC 12 schools. The league is in good shape.

Tech, Baylor, UH, and TCU specifically though...

They will be making a fraction, possibly 1/4 or less, of the money per year the SEC and Big 10 schools will make. That will fairly quickly render them to g5 status. They can't keep up. They may spring up with a great season and get a playoff spot here and there but wont be able to run that gauntlet of quality power teams who all spend way more on players than they can. 

It's why I think the Big 10/SEC plus Notre Dame, Clemson, and FSU should form their own league of college football and the other D1 conferences should play for a lower tier national championship. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, demos said:

Do people really have their panties in twist that Texas fans are making fun of tech after this off season? What did they expect?

Last year they barely beat us thanks to a rare Bijan fumble after we had a miraculous comeback. And their asshole head coach, and remember Tech is 18-54 against us lifetime and has only beaten us five times this century, talks like we are a bunch of losers and chokers. Baffling. What a goddamn trash talking piece of shit. 

And then the Commissioner and Tech have talked shit all offseason, despite Tech doing jack and shit in any sport last year. 

So yeah, fuck them.

What does OSU fan expect? Are they so used to taking massive abuse from OU fans and just smiling and asking for more that they think Tech's behavior doesn't deserve our hostility? 

And bear in mind this isn't Tech's fans or some losers on the internet. This is the Tech coach and their administration doing this shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

They will be making a fraction, possibly 1/4 or less, of the money per year the SEC and Big 10 schools will make. That will fairly quickly render them to g5 status. They can't keep up. They may spring up with a great season and get a playoff spot here and there but wont be able to run that gauntlet of quality power teams who all spend way more on players than they can. 

It's why I think the Big 10/SEC plus Notre Dame, Clemson, and FSU should form their own league of college football and the other D1 conferences should play for a lower tier national championship. 

Ok look we don't need three Division One Football sub-divisions. The mid-majors compete in the other sports, they can do so here as well.

Especially with the 12 team playoff.

Besides the Big 10 has loads of shitty athletic programs. Acting like they are gold while the schools in the Big 12 we leave behind are shit is laughable. I don't know if money is going to make Indiana a football powerhouse but I guess we will see.

Edited by Valmy77

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

And their asshole head coach, and remember Tech is 18-54 against us lifetime and has only beaten us five times this century, talks like we are a bunch of losers and chokers. Baffling. What a goddamn trash talking piece of shit. 

Their asshole coach runs his mouth like it’s 2008 and they took down big bad Goliath Texas. I don’t know if he knows that we’ve sucked for over a decade. 

And not even Mike Leach talked this much shit about Texas. Those dumb motherfuckers fired the best coach they ever had. 

9 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Their asshole coach runs his mouth like it’s 2008 and they took down big bad Goliath Texas. I don’t know if he knows that we’ve sucked for over a decade. 

And not even Mike Leach talked this much shit about Texas. Those dumb motherfuckers fired the best coach they ever had. 

Mike Leach only beat us twice. And during the time we have sucked, since 2009, Tech has gone 3-10 against us. Us sucking has done Tech no good at all when it comes to putting up wins against us. Dude talks like he is TCU or OSU or some team that actually has bitch slapped us during our suck era.

If Mike Gundy wanted to come out and say that he's a man and Texas is his bitch, he would at least have earned the right to do so. Tech doing it is pathetic.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Mike Leach only beat us twice. And during the time we have sucked, since 2009, Tech has gone 3-10 against us. Us sucking has done Tech no good at all when it comes to putting up wins against us. Dude talks like he is TCU or OSU or some team that actually has bitch slapped us during our suck era.

When Leach beat us in 2008, we lost our chance at the championship game. Even when they crushed our souls back then, they weren’t nearly as cunty as they are now. It’s like they think Mahomes winning the Super Bowl means they are automatically good at football because of it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Internet commentary is bullshit. We were MUCH worse coming into the Big 12 and at that time the Big 12 was at that time what the SEC is today. Far and away the best conference from ‘96-‘05.