Dog Killer, Kristi Noem

Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

it’s not like she put the dog in a dog crate and tied it to the top of a station wagon and drove across America

It was to the bumper.  They tied Aunt Edna to the roof.  I think I have a photo somewhere of when they brought to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It was to the bumper.  They tied Aunt Edna to the roof.  I think I have a photo somewhere of when they brought to Austin.

Pool little pooch. Probably kept up for a mile or two.

85055dba897fd977395d76532dfa6f0f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, her office literally said people shouldn't be so concerned with this book/dead dog story, when the Southern border is in crisis

I mean, basically, she just laid out her blueprint on how to fix it

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

it’s not like she put the dog in a dog crate and tied it to the top of a station wagon and drove across America

Could have been worse.

dOuRRU.gif

fuck, too many Gen Xers here, so of course multiple people would reference Vacation.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying this is what happened, but if I was a republican governor and I got wind that Donald Trump was going to pick me for his VP, I'd float a story about how I murdered a helpless dog if I knew it would get me out of it.

Gee, I'm really sorry, Mr Trump.  I understand that I'm not electable now and you need to go in a different direction.  I was really looking forward to your base wanting to murder me in January of 2028, too.

• Haha 2

That's not an implausible theory.  Her ceiling now really is just being able to move from Governor to Senator down the road someday, if that.  But anything else is now off the table.  He was the only one who would have embraced her bat-shit craziness.  It was the cruel killing instead of humane "putting to sleep/up for adoption", to the disposal of the remains, to now---the incredibly bizarre justification/walking back of it all where even her own party is like "Christ, we have limits you know?"  

So here's what happens next.  She has no sway of any expertise to serve in any GOP cabinet ever.  Sen. Thune isn't going anywhere but up in his party's Senate leadership.  Mike Rounds (the Junior Senator) is getting up there in age but will run again in 2028 and easily win.  After that, he'll be 80 so he'd likely retire the seat.  By then Noem will have become a footnote in history but may still try for the seat.  But she's term limited.  She can run again for Governor in 2026 but that's a tough bind for her since this'll still be a story.  She'll also not even be able to campaign in about 15% of her own state which is another stigma.  I'm sure she'll double down and get into some long, drawn-out legal battle with Native American Affairs that say a Governor, despite being Federal Lands, is allowed to go anywhere in their state for administrative purposes/emergency powers.  And the footage of her attempted visits will become legend. 

Also, I may have cruelly signed her office address up for "BarkBox."  They send a new dog treat and toy to the owner every month and you can customize the note (like if you wanted to sign up a friend/elderly relative and their pup for the service as a surprise).  So each month, I get to get to edit the note, starting with "To Cricket.  From America."  Then something like "From the ASPCA" or "From Sarah McLachlan" and then I think finishing off with "To Cricket.  From Eric Trump.  So I don't get it, do you still have the dog, or?"  I'm open to other ideas so long as the note is not directed specifically at the Governor.  I just want her staff to question their life choices.  

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Also lot of kids died from diseases that are now preventable by....

yep, you guessed it...

vaccines. 

(No, not Frank Stallone)

You saying Frank Stallone can’t beat polio? 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Also, I may have cruelly signed her office address up for "BarkBox."  

We need a donation link for this, stat.

And fuck yes.   My wife did Barkbox for the first year or so of our adopted Oscar.  He still chews on that stuff daily.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

We need a donation link for this, stat.

And fuck yes.   My wife did Barkbox for the first year or so of our adopted Oscar.  He still chews on that stuff daily.

Yeah, the stuff looks really great for pups.  I got some promo code so it won't really cost that much per month.  

Best case-some rotating mailroom intern actually brings a few of them to the Governor and she is completely ashamed and reminded of her failures as a human being.

Worst case-I run out of pithy notes to write, they quit sending them to the executive offices, but some low-level staffer catches on to the cruel joke but takes the free treats/toys to their own dog and that little furry fella gets a buncha tasty treats and fun toys.  

Either way, I win.  I just honestly am left wondering how this sick shit pops in my head.  But I take solace in the fact that at least I don't work out my personal shit on animals.  

We now go live to Noem's brother carrying on the family legacy of caring for dogs:

9 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

My first experience with someone having to make a decision regarding a 3rd trimester abortion was on my 3rd year OB gyn rotation as a med student. A 30ish mom with a 9 yo and a toddler was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer that initial staging showed was in the local lymph nodes at least. She was 6 weeks or more from her baby being at the brink of viability (months in NICU, likely lifelong GI issues, possible cognitive deficits, etc). To have even a 50-50 chance at 5 year survival, the heme-onc team said she needed immediate chemotherapy which meant terminating the pregnancy.

Keep her baby and not live to see any of her children grow up. Abort her baby and have a 50% chance of being there for the other 2 children. She chose to keep the baby. Don't know how it turned out but I have a pretty good idea. 

Almost all late stage abortions are true life or death situations for the mom, or fatal birth defects for the baby. These are devastatingly difficult decisions, and most of the parents consider it no different than the loss of a child. 

I mean doesn’t that sound *just* like shooting a 14 month old alive puppy that you’ve had trouble training? Hoo boy

https://apnews.com/article/kristi-noem-book-dog-killing-5710b302e33f61c697f20ab3b227a19b

But South Dakota Democratic Senate Minority Leader Reynold Nesiba considered the disclosure more calculated than stupid. He said the story has circulated for years among lawmakers that Noem killed a dog in a “fit of anger” and that there were witnesses. He speculated that it was coming out now because Noem is being vetted as a candidate for vice president.

“She knew that this was a political vulnerability, and she needed to put it out there, before it came up in some other venue,” he said. “Why else would she write about it?”

On 4/29/2024 at 1:32 PM, Sawbonz said:

My first experience with someone having to make a decision regarding a 3rd trimester abortion was on my 3rd year OB gyn rotation as a med student. A 30ish mom with a 9 yo and a toddler was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer that initial staging showed was in the local lymph nodes at least. She was 6 weeks or more from her baby being at the brink of viability (months in NICU, likely lifelong GI issues, possible cognitive deficits, etc). To have even a 50-50 chance at 5 year survival, the heme-onc team said she needed immediate chemotherapy which meant terminating the pregnancy.

Keep her baby and not live to see any of her children grow up. Abort her baby and have a 50% chance of being there for the other 2 children. She chose to keep the baby. Don't know how it turned out but I have a pretty good idea. 

Almost all late stage abortions are true life or death situations for the mom, or fatal birth defects for the baby. These are devastatingly difficult decisions, and most of the parents consider it no different than the loss of a child. 

I'd love to know why @lucious leftfoot thought this warranted a neg.

Okay, my first BarkBox can ship out by end of week.  For Cricket.  I have a senior staffer mailing address handy, but they offer anonymous shipping like if you want to surprise a friend or family member with doggie goodies.  But I'm guessing they won't open it if it comes unlabeled.  BarkBox has my CC# and zip code and name.  So if her office calls in a fit of rage, there's nothing wrong.  A guy sent some biscuits and toys for puppies, oops.  Don't like it?  Fine, let a low-paid staffer with a dog at home have 'em.  But they're gonna keep coming on the 1st of the month for a year.  

But two questions:

1.  If the "From" portion of the box is left blank, they're not gonna open it.  And the whole joke is lost.  So what do I put?  They said I could pay for it and order the items and put it from another party.  I'm assuming they have customers that order something for an elderly dog lover and then put down like a grandkid or friend who can't do online orders to make it look like the treats were from them.  And no, I couldn't find Michael Vicks mailing address.   

2.  Any ideas for the note?  I originally had "To Cricket.  Thank you for your sacrifice, Love-America."  I have until tonight to personalize it.  Any other thoughts?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

There are two schools of thought on this. On the one hand, you want her to open it. So maybe something from a South Dakota Chamber of Commerce.  On the other hand, fuck Kristi Noem.  So I'll give you both sweet and Surly:  

Ideas for from:   Corey L.,  Republican National Committee, RNC, M Lindell, Jim Smith, Watertown Chamber of Commerce,  Pierre Motors, 

Ideas for Note:  With Love,  with love and admiration from Henry James,   Who's a good boy?, What the fuck is wrong with you?,  Don't Cry for me Crickett 

• Haha 3

On 4/29/2024 at 3:00 PM, Satchel said:

The puppy execution story explains so much about the disordered maga mindset.

I think the actual act had little to do with anything political since it occurred before she even thought about public office.

However, there was never any reason at all to disclose it, since it could be denied and never proven. Really just an unforced error or failure to read the room or worse.

Killing an animal like a dog, can be a particularly brutal act when you actually have to do it or whitness it. There are many opportunities to stop and reevaluate.

Different times, but I watched my grandmother execute a puppy back in the 80s for no reason other than the pound was 40 miles away and it was a stray. I was in charge of the burial.  I found the deceased bound with wire on both legs with a gunshot wound to the head. Grandma was a lifelong Democrat that would give you the shirt off her back. I took it that this was not the first time this had happened since they were close to the highway and railroad out in the country of South Texas.

My mother told me a story from her childhood where her two pet puppies gorged themselves on chick's when left unattended. Their punishment was to be bound up in a sack and thrown in the river by her dad.

How many of us on the board whacked squirrels or birds with our pellet guns when growing up? Not me, but I'm sure many of you have and felt the appropriate amount of shame and regret at doing so, and certainly wouldn't want to disclose that to anyone.

Weird things happen in the country sometimes, especially  more than a few decades ago.  This whole disclosure seems odd, almost to the point where I don't think we are getting the real story.

At any rate, this did not go the way she thought it would.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

There are two schools of thought on this. On the one hand, you want her to open it. So maybe something from a South Dakota Chamber of Commerce.  On the other hand, fuck Kristi Noem.  So I'll give you both sweet and Surly:  

Ideas for from:   Corey L.,  Republican National Committee, RNC, M Lindell, Jim Smith, Watertown Chamber of Commerce,  Pierre Motors, 

Ideas for Note:  With Love,  with love and admiration from Henry James,   Who's a good boy?, What the fuck is wrong with you?,  Don't Cry for me Crickett 

something addressed from south Dakota.   I didn't think of that, but that's a great idea.  So long as it's something familiar but too familiar where they think "That's strange, deliveries from the Chamber/this org./that org. are always abbreviated differently.  But yeah, that could right well work.  I can't type any curse words in the auto-fill box.  200 characters, and it bounces back anything with profanity.  Which is weird because dogs can't read.  

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The truly amazing thing is that she thought that telling that story would somehow be good for her political career. 

Psychopaths love to brag

• Hook 'Em 3

Okay, shit.  I got 89 minutes to submit the message to be printed and placed in the gift box.  

We gotta tie Guilfoyle's denial of this into it somehow.  QuicK! 

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Jesus Christ.  Bitch admitted to killing the dog, and Junior's girlfriend thinks it was a plant:

Not only admitted, but doubled down using her public social media accounts, and in the book said she was angry at the 14-month old dog.

I've actually heard that there were witnesses, that it was known within GOP circles, and that she was scared it was going to be leaked to tank her chances at VP, so she tried to get ahead of the story by publishing that, but holy shit she fucked up so bad.

Well, somebody had to write the prequel to Stephen King's "Pet Cemetery" where Cricket comes back from the pit to exact revenge.  I mean, she did live near, and bury him, near ancient Indian burial grounds.   

Message in the BarkBox was "Gov. Noem.  I didn't particularly care your version of 'fetch.'  -Love, Cricket"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, somebody had to write the prequel to Stephen King's "Pet Cemetery" where Cricket comes back from the pit to exact revenge.  I mean, she did live near, and bury him, near ancient Indian burial grounds.   

Message in the BarkBox was "Gov. Noem.  I didn't particularly care your version of 'fetch.'  -Love, Cricket"  

And we get a new message every month?

Yes, I opted for the plan where you can add a note.  I said it was for a senile older person I knew that would appreciate an uplifting message with the barkbox each month.  I just picked the plan where they send "surprise" stuff each month, probably old product they're trying to push out the warehouse.  I dunno.  I'm not gonna take the time to pick out the stuff, but I just want to write a non-threatening, but emotionally scarring note each month so I'm gonna need some more ideas down the road.  I know it's petty, but it really wasn't that pricey.  It fucks with people in her office.  And worst case--some low level staffer who just wanted to innocently get into public service who has a cute puppy at home and barely make ends meet on her intern salary...she gets a few treats and a toy for her little furry fella.  And Noem quietly goes insane over her life choices.  

It was either this, or she'd receive a piece of gravel with a paw print in red paint every month.  But I realized how that could be misinterpreted as a threat.  Again, these delicious treats and fun toys get to a good boy.  Who's a good boy?  Who?  

It was 14 months old, that makes it about 8 in human years, so maybe not a puppy.  the paragraphs in the book never mention that it was attacking her children.  She talks about making tough choices.  Would that include having an all anal affair outside your marriage Governor, or?  (asking for a friend).  And she keeps mentioning it was a "working dog."  But never says why they got it or what it worked at besides eating bullets.  Fox Terriers are technically bred to be "working dogs", but she never, ever talks about what it was supposed to be doing while apparently it was busy serial killing chickens and eating her children.  Half a dozen vets in the area because of all the livestock and ranches.  She probably knew and trusted most of them.  Just tie the dog''s leash to a seatbelt, drive it over there, and have 'em put it to sleep.  Certainly easier than finding an active gravel pit excavation, no?   

Well, our barkbox should be arriving at her office on Monday.   

• Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Oh so now it was attacking people? Was that in the book?

If it was attacking people why would anyone think it was a tough decision to put it down?

Probably the manner in which it was done. 

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It was 14 months old, that makes it about 8 in human years, so maybe not a puppy.  the paragraphs in the book never mention that it was attacking her children. 

Please link that passage.

And she keeps mentioning it was a "working dog."  But never says why they got it or what it worked at besides eating bullets.  Fox Terriers are technically bred to be "working dogs", but she never, ever talks about what it was supposed to be doing while apparently it was busy serial killing chickens and eating her children.

I made that mistake, too -- it was a Wirehaired Pointer, which is presumably a hunting dog.  Not exactly the most common "working" role on a ranch, though.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Probably the manner in which it was done. 

Why? People in the country put their animals down every day for legitimate reasons. I don’t think her target demo would find anything remarkable about her doing the same.

Unless what she wrote is being grossly misrepresented that’s not what happened. 

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

A puppy was about to kill your kids?

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

“Hi America. We’re so divided these days, and as you all focus on college kids and cops, please let’s not forget what’s important: I shot my dog in a gravel pit. And also a goat. I didn’t get the goat with the first shot.” 

Who is her media person?! Does she know she doesn’t have to go talk about this more? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Noem, "And what of the goats protesting on our campuses for liberating Palestinian investments in gravel pits along out Southern Borders using maps secretly hidden on Hunter Biden's laptop?!?!?!?" 

Okay, my first BarkBox can ship out by end of week.  For Cricket.  I have a senior staffer mailing address handy, but they offer anonymous shipping like if you want to surprise a friend or family member with doggie goodies.  But I'm guessing they won't open it if it comes unlabeled.  BarkBox has my CC# and zip code and name.  So if her office calls in a fit of rage, there's nothing wrong.  A guy sent some biscuits and toys for puppies, oops.  Don't like it?  Fine, let a low-paid staffer with a dog at home have 'em.  But they're gonna keep coming on the 1st of the month for a year.  
But two questions:
1.  If the "From" portion of the box is left blank, they're not gonna open it.  And the whole joke is lost.  So what do I put?  They said I could pay for it and order the items and put it from another party.  I'm assuming they have customers that order something for an elderly dog lover and then put down like a grandkid or friend who can't do online orders to make it look like the treats were from them.  And no, I couldn't find Michael Vicks mailing address.   
2.  Any ideas for the note?  I originally had "To Cricket.  Thank you for your sacrifice, Love-America."  I have until tonight to personalize it.  Any other thoughts?  
Serous question, and not throwing stones, but have you ever considered getting a few hobbies? Golf, fly fishing, painting, writing, eating mushrooms and doing yoga, or helping the homeless*?

*This would expand your hard drug contacts for when 45 kicks

But two questions:
Serous question, and not throwing stones, but have you ever considered getting a few hobbies? Golf, fly fishing, painting, writing, eating mushrooms and doing yoga, or helping the homeless*?

*This would expand your hard drug contacts for when 45 kicks

I think the actual act had little to do with anything political since it occurred before she even thought about public office.
However, there was never any reason at all to disclose it, since it could be denied and never proven. Really just an unforced error or failure to read the room or worse.
Killing an animal like a dog, can be a particularly brutal act when you actually have to do it or whitness it. There are many opportunities to stop and reevaluate.
Different times, but I watched my grandmother execute a puppy back in the 80s for no reason other than the pound was 40 miles away and it was a stray. I was in charge of the burial.  I found the deceased bound with wire on both legs with a gunshot wound to the head. Grandma was a lifelong Democrat that would give you the shirt off her back. I took it that this was not the first time this had happened since they were close to the highway and railroad out in the country of South Texas.
My mother told me a story from her childhood where her two pet puppies gorged themselves on chick's when left unattended. Their punishment was to be bound up in a sack and thrown in the river by her dad.
How many of us on the board whacked squirrels or birds with our pellet guns when growing up? Not me, but I'm sure many of you have and felt the appropriate amount of shame and regret at doing so, and certainly wouldn't want to disclose that to anyone.
Weird things happen in the country sometimes, especially  more than a few decades ago.  This whole disclosure seems odd, almost to the point where I don't think we are getting the real story.
At any rate, this did not go the way she thought it would.
My grandmother had to drown a litter of kittens as a kid, never owned another cat or dog- just chickens. She wasn't proud of it, even though she wasn't a pet person. We only found out when I interviewed her as part of my undergrad thesis project.

This is so much different and in a much different age than depression era 30s in Texas.

I have had to shoot an insanely rabid feral cat on my parents farm. You don't want no part of that brother, believe me. The rest of the cats were trapped and neutered, one was chill enough to adopt out. But that fucker had to go and it wasn't chill at all.

Shooting problematic squirrels is a big ol meh for me. Don't be cruel and have a clean kill. Better death than rat poisoning.

All that said I've dumped 6k to foster, train and rehome one abused dog; I've fostered many.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Okay, shit.  I got 89 minutes to submit the message to be printed and placed in the gift box.  
We gotta tie Guilfoyle's denial of this into it somehow.  QuicK! 
Add one of those old school squeeling rubber chickens to the cart?