Texas vs. Wyoming - Game 3 - 7pm on (for the last time) LHN

Pancho

8 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I was coming back to mention this. I think their main defensive game plan was to take him away.

Ewers favorite target. 

And Wyo played a safety over top of him in boundary or split him and the Field received. 

Sark has to figure this out quickly, because teams will replicate it. 

• Like 2

Not a good game but no one is going to remember it so whatever. Hope the injured guys are okay.

I suspect this team will take a few frustrating losses in conference play when come out and play like this against a B12 team giving Texas its best.

Biggest takeaway was honestly that the experience was brutal. Please, for the love of god, turn down the PA. The constant yelling and piped in techno mashups, including while the ball is in play, are a beating and the kind of flash over substances people roast Texas for. You can’t even hear the person next to you and it sucks any enthusiasm for the game away.

I think it may even impact the defense’s ability to communicate. In general, when they let the crowd and band get to organically, good things happened.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

Good win, but we cannot be looking like dogshit for three quarters against ou or Okie Lite.  We'll get our asses handed to us.  Hope we step it up in conference play.

I have some good news...we don't play Okie Lite this year. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

South Austin’s mom

Weird. That doesn't explain his ugliness 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

It'll be nice to see us play lesser competition and start from the opening series instead of fucking off until the 4th quarter.

Glad to get out of that one, though.

Yeah, but at least we know we've still got gas in the fourth quarter, as evidenced by last week and tonight.  That's something that's occasionally been missing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Not a good game but no one is going to remember it so whatever. Hope the injured guys are okay.

I suspect this team will take a few frustrating losses in conference play when come out and play like this against a B12 team giving Texas its best.

Biggest takeaway was honestly that the experience was brutal. Please, for the love of god, turn down the PA. The constant yelling and piped in techno mashups, including while the ball is in play, are a beating and the kind of flash over substances people roast Texas for. You can’t even hear the person next to you and it sucks any enthusiasm for the game away.

I think it may even impact the defense’s ability to communicate. In general, when they let the crowd and band get to organically, good things happened.

This. Yeah even my 17 yo said it's too loud. We were sitting at the bottom of the north end of the west side upper deck and both of our ears are still ringing. And yeah, there's no way for any kind of organic or spontaneous crowd noise or chants to even get started now. Give us a fucking second to breathe.

at least a dozen times the past 10 years the Longhorns have lost a game just like this, usually very close when we were heavily favored, like BYU (twice) or Maryland (twice), only this time instead of me ending up naked, drunk and depressed in my pool at 3pm i ended up starting the only TEXAS FIGHT of the night at the Rocky Mountain Texas Exes gathering at Choppers in Denver and having a great time! 🤘 not game experience but fun at least once a year i think!

also the turnover from Texas fans to CU/CSU fans was...interesting.

mr. mchookem had some 'words' with a young CSU fan who had clearly pregamed significantly, along with his date. the extreme profanity was absurd and out of place but i've heard worse, it was the repeated jostling and pushing that was too much. luckily we avoided anything worse than some angry old man words and an apology. and we were on our way out anyway... but the way the standing/waiting crowd reacted when the burnt orange crowd was clearing out definitely felt a little hostile lol.

is this the last LHN game?

great game 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

After that first series where Hill over ran the ball when he had backside contain and got burned on the cut back the defense only gave up 3 points. Now those 3 points were on a like 18 play drive that took the entire 3rd quarter which wasn't great but they played well. The offense needs to step the fuck up and Sark needs to lean on his large humans line to move people off the ball when they drop 3 deep and rush 3 down like Rice did and like Wyoming did. Inexcusable for them to keep struggling with that look. They're going to see it every game going forward unless the coach is stubborn like Saban and thinks they can match up without it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

Glad the team bounced back and dominated the 4th. I don't enjoy what led to that but maybe this team needs something like this to see that there's still a long way to go and a hell of a lot more to improve. Just getting a win on the road at Alabama isn't enough. You are going to get every team's best week in, week out. 

This is my hope, that they learn it doesn’t matter what they did against Alabama if they don’t bring the same intensity and focus week in, week out. Quinn in particular seemed like he half-assed it for a while until he realized he needed to bear down. It also looked like Sark spent a lot of time tinkering on offense rather than running the most effective game plan against what Wyoming’s defense was doing. 

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Our non-conference schedule ended up being weird. 

Bama is probably worse than we expected but Rice and Wyoming are decent G5 teams. Rice dropped 59 on Texas Southern tonight after scoring 43 on UH last weekend. Our defense just made them look inept when they really aren't. 

This is worth highlighting. Rice and Wyoming weren’t world beaters, but they were far from the kind of no-chance tomato cans that appear on SEC schedules to show up and take a check. Both already have wins over Big12 teams. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The offense needs to step the fuck up and Sark needs to lean on his large humans line to move people off the ball when they drop 3 deep and rush 3 down like Rice did and like Wyoming did. Inexcusable for them to keep struggling with that look. They're going to see it every game going forward unless the coach is stubborn like Saban and thinks they can match up without it. 

Rod Babers brought this up in the postgame last night. This is the blueprint for defending Sark, and you can bet we will see it next week in Waco. 

Damn, that's harsh. She's not a beauty queen but far than whatever the hell shit rail fence means. I'm sure someone on this board knows who she is and I hope comments like this don't get back to her. If she was some random ousux or aggy chick rail away. 

I want her to know that I’d love to motorboat her tits.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

After Vidgo shit the bed I spent the better part of 2 hours jumping from stream to stream.  Finally ended up on youtube for the 4th quarter - though the stream would get taken down and refreshed about every 10 minutes.
The struggle is real.
Just get a XBMC box for $100 and watch anything you want for free. Every imaginable sports channel you want, it has and it's free after the initial $100 for the box.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, mchookem said:

at least a dozen times the past 10 years the Longhorns have lost a game just like this, usually very close when we were heavily favored, like BYU (twice) or Maryland (twice), only this time instead of me ending up naked, drunk and depressed in my pool at 3pm i ended up starting the only TEXAS FIGHT of the night at the Rocky Mountain Texas Exes gathering at Choppers in Denver and having a great time! 🤘 not game experience but fun at least once a year i think!

also the turnover from Texas fans to CU/CSU fans was...interesting.

mr. mchookem had some 'words' with a young CSU fan who had clearly pregamed significantly, along with his date. the extreme profanity was absurd and out of place but i've heard worse, it was the repeated jostling and pushing that was too much. luckily we avoided anything worse than some angry old man words and an apology. and we were on our way out anyway... but the way the standing/waiting crowd reacted when the burnt orange crowd was clearing out definitely felt a little hostile lol.

is this the last LHN game?

great game 🤘

Oh boy CSU.  I think I could have flunked my last two years of high school and ended up there.  

47 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Damn, that's harsh. She's not a beauty queen but far than whatever the hell shit rail fence means. I'm sure someone on this board knows who she is and I hope comments like this don't get back to her. If she was some random ousux or aggy chick rail away. 

If it's a friend or family member they have my sincere apologies. Too much whiskey watching the games(s).

But, we here at Surly only do 10's and super models.

• Hook 'Em 1

After that first series where Hill over ran the ball when he had backside contain and got burned on the cut back the defense only gave up 3 points. Now those 3 points were on a like 18 play drive that took the entire 3rd quarter which wasn't great but they played well. The offense needs to step the fuck up and Sark needs to lean on his large humans line to move people off the ball when they drop 3 deep and rush 3 down like Rice did and like Wyoming did. Inexcusable for them to keep struggling with that look. They're going to see it every game going forward unless the coach is stubborn like Saban and thinks they can match up without it. 

Texas ran the ball fine, the only offensive success before the fourth quarter was when they leaned on the run game.

Agree the book is out in defending Texas and DCs will happily take advantage of Sark’s stubbornness. Thought as much before the season.

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
10 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
After Vidgo shit the bed I spent the better part of 2 hours jumping from stream to stream.  Finally ended up on youtube for the 4th quarter - though the stream would get taken down and refreshed about every 10 minutes.
The struggle is real.

Just get a XBMC box for $100 and watch anything you want for free. Every imaginable sports channel you want, it has and it's free after the initial $100 for the box.

Or just download install Kodi for free...  But both Kodi and an XBMC box rely on streams and for me at least, finding a decent stream for this game sucked...  At least no more need for live LHN anymore...

I just saw Burton address this on the post game. What the hell was going on with Wyoming getting the ball at the 8 when their qb ran out of bounds at the 12? They stopped the game for awhile but still didn’t move the ball back. The protection of incompetent officials has to be addressed. Someone should at least have to answer for something that egregious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I just saw Burton address this on the post game. What the hell was going on with Wyoming getting the ball at the 8 when their qb ran out of bounds at the 12? They stopped the game for awhile but still didn’t move the ball back. The protection of incompetent officials has to be addressed. Someone should at least have to answer for something that egregious.

Sark challenged the spot. Refs took about 10 minutes to decide that a spot can't be challenged. No idea why replay official didn't get involved.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2