The Best Non-Longhorn Surly Members

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I’m bored on a Sunday, pissed after the OU loss, but all about the love, so I thought I’d start a thread about the best posters who aren’t a part of Longhorn nation. I offer the following:

@ChiTownDoc and @Constant.  Sure they’re Sooners, but these guys are alright in my book. Fuck you for yesterday, though. With all due respect.

@Al_4_ISU. Great contributor on the food threads. Seems like he’d be a fun guy to hang with at a Surly tailgate.

@slorch. Our resident Red Raider. I think he’s a solid guy and a good dad. And he sent me a nice PM when my old man was fighting cancer. Shit like that means a lot to me.

@Sbbruin. That mother fucker enjoys reminding us of 1997 and 2010, but we still love him. Keep fighting, my man.

There are couple Okie State fans who are good dudes, but their handles escape me at the moment. Feel free to mention/tag them. Who else am I missing?

I AM a blast tailgates.  Just ask me!

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, G650 said:

I've always wondered how many posters were actually UT fans/grads. Always seemed like there were just as many of us from other places than Longhorns.

Never remembered to ask but have often wondered, how did you end up here?   Baseball?

4 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

The realignment thread on the Shag?  That thread and the MS Paint of sexual mishaps / adventures brought me over and kept me around this wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

The sexual adventure one

I would have guessed you'd been around longer than that, although that's plenty long.

It feels like longer. I was part of a very cool online music community from 2001-2010 or so when the site was sold off. I came across Shaggy’s around that time but it took awhile to sign up. I am not a frat boy, so I was a bit averse to it. But I knew Ldogg since college in the mid 90s and he posted there, so I signed up after reading the Ms paint thread.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

It feels like longer. I was part of a very cool online music community from 2001-2010 or so when the site was sold off. I came across Shaggy’s around that time but it took awhile to sign up. I am not a frat boy, so I was a bit averse to it. But I knew Ldogg since college in the mid 90s and he posted there, so I signed up after reading the Ms paint thread.

Where is that rascal Ldogg anyway?  Haven't seen him in a bit.

I was on hornfans in the early-mid 2000s and there were a lot of people, many still around, that had several years on me from various other sites.

I guess I'm not only kinda old, I'm kinda an old-timer round here, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

Where is that rascal Ldogg anyway?  Haven't seen him in a bit.
I was on hornfans in the early-mid 2000s and there were a lot of people, many still around, that had several years on me from various other sites.
I guess I'm not only kinda old, I'm kinda an old-timer round here, too.

I haven’t talked to him in a couple of months but we went to a concert not long ago. I assume he is doing well.

Yeah, I used to lurk hornfans back before Shaggy’s existed. I could tell it wasn’t the place for me.

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The statues behind the co-op or whatever the thread was got me, holy shit that was funny

that's what made me aware of this place for the first time

wayback in case anyone wants to experience that again lol

https://web.archive.org/web/20150315042445/http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/75135-UT-Football-Basketball-Baseball-amp-Golf-statues-behind-Co-op

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/9/2023 at 6:11 AM, G650 said:

I've always wondered how many posters were actually UT fans/grads. Always seemed like there were just as many of us from other places than Longhorns.

It’s no secret that I started at UT, but finished at St. Edward’s…. due to circumstances (adult beverages plus your moms & grandmas) beyond my control.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/8/2023 at 4:44 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

You guys will be just fine.  Appreciate the love - got me thinking...how many SEC fans will come over next year?  How many will survive?  I like our resident UF posters and the LSU guy is a gem.  Thanks for having us morons 

i don't know if you mean me, but there's a few Tigers on here and most of us are here because we like the social vibe much better than our own boards.  which segues into this: SEC posters for the most part are fucking morons, my tribe included.  the vast majority who show up will yell inane bullshit then leave pretty quickly, never to come back; but the ones who stay will be for the most decent folks most likely...primarily because there's no where else to go on the more popular SEC boards that aren't infected with bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

that's what made me aware of this place for the first time

wayback in case anyone wants to experience that again lol

https://web.archive.org/web/20150315042445/http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/75135-UT-Football-Basketball-Baseball-amp-Golf-statues-behind-Co-op

So so good. It was pretty tame until Thujone unzipped and posted this:

" These pieces of $#@! were made in China. The Baseball players all look chinese. All the basketball and football players-WHETHER THE PERSON THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WERE BLACK OR WHITE--look the same despite the paint on the skin: black. The Baseball players are all wearing 17th Century heeled shoes with Pilgrim buckles. It is the most absurd and stupid thing you can imagine. I bet you didn't know that VY, TJ FORD, Ricky, all were actually the same person?!!?!?!

This was jammed through the administration even with the objection of some people saying this is embarrassing and stupid. And it is going to be massively embarrassing."

Then shit went to volume 11 when Ramjet posted the first photo shop.....god damn, perfection 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i don't know if you mean me, but there's a few Tigers on here and most of us are here because we like the social vibe much better than our own boards.  which segues into this: SEC posters for the most part are fucking morons, my tribe included.  the vast majority who show up will yell inane bullshit then leave pretty quickly, never to come back; but the ones who stay will be for the most decent folks most likely...primarily because there's no where else to go on the more popular SEC boards that aren't infected with bullshit.

Yes, you.  And same, OU posters can be mouth breathers, though prob not as bad as some SEC boards and certainly a billion times better than aggy.  

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes, the statues brought me here.  Fuck, they're glorious.  Anyone know where these ended up?  We should use the wreath fund...

IIRC they were destroyed.  Some posters had been angling to get them for shag tailgates.  

On 10/9/2023 at 10:03 AM, 66BUFF said:

The realignment thread on the Shag?  That thread and the MS Paint of sexual mishaps / adventures brought me over and kept me around this wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

Loco may or may not have been a poster on that MS paint thread... If so, it was all deleted in the great threefiddy migration

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

This ^   

What ever happened to the Negrepchamp?   I laughed my ass off with people trying for the kill shot on him.  Like a caged court jester you could poke with a stick

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Truth

• Hook 'Em 1