The Best Non-Longhorn Surly Members

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

RDCanecutter somehow inexplicably not mentioned.   I am a huge fan.  

And Bamachick.  Two Hostages of the Alabama Gulag who are good posters. 

Some of y’all post so much we forget you aren’t one of us. RDC fits that bill. Bama chick loves Beto so much you think she’s a Texas expat in Alabama. Both are solid.

• Drool 1

On 10/8/2023 at 4:24 PM, TwiceHorn said:

As a group, the OSU posters are pretty decent, both in contribution and seeming "humanity."  That's pretty consistent with the groups of OSU fans I have encountered in real life.

Thank you sir, I’ll gladly accept The First Annual Pretty Decent Award on behalf of us Pokes.  Except that GoPokes83 assclown, rest of us collectively disown that turd knife.  

I wasn’t called out by name but I’ll “such a lovely story” y’all by saying I came here because someone on the defunct OrangePower board called this place out as “full of deranged idiots” and knew I had to check that shit out…but lurked for a year until 2011 when I finally had something funny to contribute.  I’ll forever consider myself a guest yet this is my ‘home’ on the internet.  

I’d say years of mediocrity (we went 3-8, 3-8, 4-7, 5-6 from 98-02 when I was in Stillwater) makes us generally humble, but Kansas was even worse yet their fans on the KU/Pokes thread on Reddit yesterday had them showing their ass acting like they were gods gift to football…so I dunno.  

I learned humility watching my dad’s USAF career progression, going AD as a captain and retiring full bird, but treating everyone equally with respect…enlisted folks loved him for that, and it made an impression.  It’s also why I didn’t go to OU, they talked a lot of shit on OSU during my visit.  Woulda gone to UT but a decade of living on base had me uncomfortable living on a huge urban campus.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 4

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I really do appreciate it. 

I found ShaggyBevo more than 10 years ago… I think it was during the 2010 season… around the time of the legendary “Co-op statues” thread.

It quickly became my favorite ever sports/pop culture/food/everything message board and slowly became the only one I ever post on.

I love all of you of assholes.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, cactusflinthead said:

These are my two favorites.  One thing that shaggy and surly hasn’t replicated is the philosophical discussions that used to be on hornfans and cleanshaven was my favorite contributor to those.  

@aggie08 is really good at taking the air out of the bullshit bad faith GOP positions without needing to write 500 words per post. 

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

@aggie08 is really good at taking the air out of the bullshit bad faith GOP positions without needing to write 500 words per post. 

Yep. There have been plenty of times when I've thought of something to post, but then I find @aggie08 already posted it in a much more succinct and entertaining way than I could have. Damn sheepfucker.

18 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This feels like when they have comedy award shows. I'm uncomfortable, slightly upset, incredibly sarcastic, and I don't know what to do with my hands.

Also, blame the cartoon dick drawer.

if you don't know what to do with your hands then you should turn in your man card now.

21 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This feels like when they have comedy award shows. I'm uncomfortable, slightly upset, incredibly sarcastic, and I don't know what to do with my hands.

Also, blame the cartoon dick drawer.

I have a feeling the cartoon dick drawer is the reason most of us non-Horns are here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:09 PM, Gatorubet said:

RDCanecutter somehow inexplicably not mentioned.   I am a huge fan.  

And Bamachick.  Two Hostages of the Alabama Gulag who are good posters. 

Well thank ye kindly for the friendly thoughts. I am descended from Denisovan Bama stock, but did indeed spend 5 years officially enrolled at UT, plus there are various dead bodies in the Texas dust related to me. (Not that you can prove anything in court.) I have gotten speeding tickets in backroad Texas towns that "official" Texans don't know exist. So sign me up for Border Jumper status, or Blockade Runner if needed.

Now @Bama Chick, she's the distilled spirit of the Tide. She will jump down the bleachers to kick your ass, and you probably deserved it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, Sbbruin said:

I found this place researching Texas football forums before our game in Austin in 2010.  Found the MSPaint MNC thujone greatness and got sucked right on in.  Figured it'd be a passing fancy but here we are 13 years later.

I honestly have smoked too much weed/drank too much liquor to even remember how I found shaggy. It's like someone has scooped that shit out of my brain.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Well I’d say it’s about to get interesting as UT moves to your conference.  You’re about to be swept up in all the hullabaloo, shenanigans and goings on

image.gif

Man, have you ever heard of the SEC? We are already the granddaddy of shenanigans

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 6:13 PM, Underdog said:

IMG_6157.gif.6b70d8f909ee98e812c8594540a280a0.gif

On 10/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I always forget you aren't a Texas poster.  Kentucky, right?

On 10/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, Underdog said:

Yessir, although t-shirt only.  

The best compliment is not being known as an outsider. 

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, Blotto said:

texasstatuesbathroom.gif

kevindurantstatue.gif

texasstatueagtfail.gif

I kind of forgot that LSU Freek had started posting on the shag around that time. That dude made some funny shit. 

Those were awesome. Did anyone know him IRL? Would love to have him here.

Also, are there web archives for the MS Paint threads? 

On 11/19/2023 at 5:00 AM, InkaUtexas said:

Anyone advocating for @Sbbruin

participates, is passionate about his team, and does not talk shit about Texas. Yeah, he gets a nomination. Plus he posts interesting pictures, like UCLA Cheerleaders. he understands some of the rules. 

I named him in the first post.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this place got a bunch of us outlanders at about the same time, during the Great Co-Op Statue Fark Fest. Holy shit, that was 2010? That may be the funniest stuff I've ever seen... oh, and Akita and his fence ranks up there as well.

Actually arrived here due to a Thujone link posted on a UW board at about that time, but the rich, steamy broth of morons, reprobates, and assholes like me that I found here has kept me around. There's some good shit on this site and I thoroughly enjoy the viewpoints from Texas and other parts of the country. There's a lot of you I'd gladly shout a beverage for should we ever meet.

I'm a guest amongst you all, and mostly lurk, but this is my internet home away from home and I thank you all kindly for that. And, starting again January 2nd, Hook 'em!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

Looks like this place got a bunch of us outlanders at about the same time, during the Great Co-Op Statue Fark Fest. Holy shit, that was 2010? That may be the funniest stuff I've ever seen... oh, and Akita and his fence ranks up there as well.

Actually arrived here due to a Thujone link posted on a UW board at about that time, but the rich, steamy broth of morons, reprobates, and assholes like me that I found here has kept me around. There's some good shit on this site and I thoroughly enjoy the viewpoints from Texas and other parts of the country. There's a lot of you I'd gladly shout a beverage for should we ever meet.

I'm a guest amongst you all, and mostly lurk, but this is my internet home away from home and I thank you all kindly for that. And, starting again January 2nd, Hook 'em!

I walked by those horrendous monstrosities every day and eventually googled to find out where in God's name they came from. Found Shaggy. Initially I only came back to get streams for the games, then I lurked for years and finally joined right before the purge. We should do a poll to see how posters found this place. The statues posts were hilarious but it's such a random event to be a significant source of members. 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:44 PM, flatdawgs said:

shut up, baby dick 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...