Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

9 minutes ago, MisterP said:

More examples of Palestinians in the US clearly supporting Hamas

Showing videos of dead Israelis to pro Israeli groups shouting, "That's your boy"

RPReplay_Final1696952649.mov 4.72 MB · 2 downloads

This is the danger of dehumanizing groups.   Take away legitimate grievances that both sides have, but leadership is so disgusting that they have convinced/brainwashed people into thinking this is OK, because of the evil X.     If you can convince people that this is justifiable there really is no bottom.    

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

Hamas = Nazis.  It is truly terrible that so many innocents will be caught up in what Dan Carlin calls the "gears of history".  Not all Palestinians support Hamas.  But enough did and do.

Gaza will be the next Dresden, Tokyo, etc.

In 2000, at the Camp David Summit, Arafat turned down a two party state deal and 68% of Palestinians agreed with his decision. They do not want a two state system, they want to eradicate the Jewish state. The Palestinian protests all over the world, like in Syndey where they were chanting to "Gas the Jews", like the one posted above, the clashes in Germany and England. They are not peaceful for the most part. They are showing the world who they are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

Hamas = Nazis.  It is truly terrible that so many innocents will be caught up in what Dan Carlin calls the "gears of history".  Not all Palestinians support Hamas.  But enough did and do.

Gaza will be the next Dresden, Tokyo, etc.

It will be Fallujah2.0  

Vicious urban, house to house, fighting for every building and every block.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MisterP said:

In 2000, at the Camp David Summit, Arafat turned down a two party state deal and 68% of Palestinians agreed with his decision. They do not want a two state system, they want to eradicate the Jewish state. The Palestinian protests all over the world, like in Syndey where they were chanting to "Gas the Jews", like the one posted above, the clashes in Germany and England. They are not peaceful for the most part. They are showing the world who they are.

Palestinian leadership has been offered a true split state deal on multiple occasions from Israel.  I believe the first time it was offered it was about 80% Palestine and 20% Israel and was outright rejected.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It will be Fallujah2.0  

Vicious urban, house to house, fighting for every building and every block.  

I wouldn't bother with that shit just like I would not have bothered putting boots on the ground in Japan in 1945.  Why risk so many of your own soldiers when the other side has committed these atrocities?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I don't get the rationale that China is super happy about shit stirring in the ME. They just brokered relations between SA and Iran. They get the majority of their oil from the ME and don't want interruptions. Finally, if we get more involved it likely means us further ramping up our domestic defense production. I don't see them wanting that.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

LOL, so were my South African security personnel in Afghanistan. When shit hit the fan they all reverted back to Afrikaans. 

And not all Israelis are bilingual to a level to cooperate in that setting. I know a retired Colonel. Having a beer with him and sometimes he is hard to understand. 

I had two Israeli military girlfriends back in the day. I had no problem communicating. It seems that they knew exactly what I wanted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I wouldn't bother with that shit just like I would not have bothered putting boots on the ground in Japan in 1945.  Why risk so many of your own soldiers when the other side has committed these atrocities?

I get the sentiment, but it's a little different.  The decision to not invade was largely predicated on the carnage of Okinawa and the fanaticism of the defenders.  Israel will isolate and squeeze the strip, but I also think utilize smaller SF teams to take out key targets because of the proximity.  Lots of surgical strikes.  Lots of helo insertions.  It will be an occupied territory in every sense of the word and could drag on for years.  

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

LOL, so were my South African security personnel in Afghanistan. When shit hit the fan they all reverted back to Afrikaans. 

And not all Israelis are bilingual to a level to cooperate in that setting. I know a retired Colonel. Having a beer with him and sometimes he is hard to understand. 

About 20 years ago I had some drinks with some IDF commandos when they were training here at Dam Neck. I could only half understand them and they were young bucks

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Something to watch is our supply of munitions.  Ukraine has drained that quite a bit.  I'm talking artillery shells, missiles, etc.  Not sure how much we have on hand but I know our production capabilities are strained.

I’m sure if need be we can dip into the United States strategic white male prepper reserves for munitions.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I had two Israeli military girlfriends back in the day. I had no problem communicating. It seems that they knew exactly what I wanted.

IMG_1452.thumb.webp.3a8a74ccd3d9cce76c5db8b8dcb125a5.webp

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

22 minutes ago, NoName said:

Hamas undoubtedly murdered innocent civilians, including women and children, and that’s bad enough. But this decapitating babies / raping and pillaging stuff has all the hallmarks of wartime propaganda. Proceed with caution on that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 7

The Israelis that grow up with American or European background usually grow up speaking English. There are a ton of Moroccan/Arab/etc Jews that grow up having no reason to learn English and therefore learn it in school. How badly they want to learn it is up to them. Much like the US and learning foreign languages. 

Edited by MisterP
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

My step-dad was a Green Beret and his nephew still is and is pretty high up. Lemme hit him up and tell him my internet friends need info on special forces involvement in Gaza. Give me a minute 

Don't forget to tell him that they have figured out carrier group deployment as well

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, troph said:

I came over to this thread all excited hoping I could get learned while drinking morning coffee like a generally unaffected American much like when I read the last 2-3 pages of the Ukraine thread. I am sad. 

I just subscribed to the Council on Foreign Relations* daily news brief email, which is the first option here:

https://link.cfr.org/join/66n/signup&hash=2d4c5929e9e04cc42f5cd375fb8dcfb1?_ga=2.31405631.107863703.1696890293-1705497420.1696890292&_gl=1*1emik7q*_ga*MTcwNTQ5NzQyMC4xNjk2ODkwMjky*_ga_24W5E70YKH*MTY5Njk1NDk5MC4yLjAuMTY5Njk1NDk5MC42MC4wLjA.

*From the "About" page on the CFR website:

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries. Founded in 1921, CFR takes no institutional positions on matters of policy.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

My step-dad was a Green Beret and his nephew still is and is pretty high up. Lemme hit him up and tell him my internet friends need info on special forces involvement in Gaza. Give me a minute 

Yes, my cousin is a Colonel in Special Forces.  I will ask him what's going on.  I'm pretty sure his last detail running logistics for the Army Athletic Department has him in a "tip of the spear" role now.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Oh, and Rules exist man..... We are not heathens here. Well, maybe. 

She didn't age well so I'm glad I knew the young her. Here is an older photo but still way after I knew her. She was even prettier before med. school.

rivka-ayalon-md-boston-ma.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m having a hard time understanding why Israel needs munitions help from us to handle Hamas and possibly take out Iranian drone factories.  How under prepared are they if another country attacks them actually?   

You think this ends with a few missiles into Gaza? LOL.

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Hamas undoubtedly murdered innocent civilians, including women and children, and that’s bad enough. But this decapitating babies / raping and pillaging stuff has all the hallmarks of wartime propaganda. Proceed with caution on that shit. 

I was about to post the same thing. There was a suspicious wave of social media posts about atrocities. Maybe it's all true, but as we all learned during the first Gulf War, simple communications messages can move armies.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I was about to post the same thing. There was a suspicious wave of social media posts about atrocities. Maybe it's all true, but as we all learned during the first Gulf War, simple communications messages can move armies.

Agree.  I have limited any comments posts on that to folks who have a history of vetting stuff.   Of course if the only source is Isreal...  But you don't hear Hamas vehmetly denying any of it either, at least I haven't yet.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You think this ends with a few missiles into Gaza? LOL.

Yes, I’m not buying the Tom Clancy narrative a lot of people are spouting.  I think we keep that from happening and the carrier group is there more for intimidation to make sure of that than anything else.  I could be wrong but we will see.  

• Hook 'Em 1