Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

im going to spoiler this but include the text

video from last saturday shows two paraglider riding terrorists of #Hamas hitting a high voltage powerline & dying instantly somewhere in South of #Israel where Nova Music Festival was held

Spoiler

the only things i know about paragliding is to avoid power lines and trees

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SurlyGator said:

The tweet says it was an Israeli strike in Gaza that killed paramedics.  Either my reading comprehension skills have declined significantly, or...

there were two tweets. the top one is paramedics killed in israeli strike in gaza.

the bottom one is that a hospital in israel suffered a direct hit from a rocket launched from gaze.

2 different events.

image.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

yeah, it's about to start popping off

Text: The Israeli Ministry of Health has announced that Patients of Hospitals in the North have begun to be Transferred to Medical Facilities in the Center of the Country in order to allow Assessments and Readiness of Hospital along the Northern Front for the Future Security Developments.

edit: globally as well...

Some more on the Hamas leaders request for jihad on Friday

• Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Some more on the Hamas leaders request for jihad on Friday

That's just fucking lovely - we have a Jewish center in the area that I jog/bike by all the time, and they are just now somewhat recovering from an arson attack back in 2021 by some dipshit white supremacist from San Marcos.

• Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

Granted.  My post was referring to the Isreali hit on the Gaza hospital.  That is the one that would require justification.  Given Hamas' track record, their bombing an Israeli hospital doesn't seem all that surprising.

And that's all I was making connections with after the post about Gaza striking a hospital with rockets.  Gaza hospitals have been hit too, but because they are Hamas hideouts.  

I can’t help but think of the hostages. It’s not like Hamas has some kind of large scale detention facility. It’s been four days now. In the past, terrorists haven’t been able to keep themselves from assaulting and torturing Israeli captives. A lot of kidnappings of IDF troops started as negotiating for release and turned into bartering for a body. (It ain’t Guantanamo, I’m sad to say). 

When the emperor surrendered, Japan’s Unit 731 executed all the prisoners and fled. That is one scenario. 

Another is to collect the survivors and try to drive a grand bargain. (The number of survivors will be markedly lower than the number of abductees). 

Or maybe there will be both outcomes, carried out at dozens of sites. 

It is worrisome how little social media of the abductees is being issued. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu and National Unity Party Leader, Benny Gantz have announced today that an Agreement has been reached on the Establishment of an United Emergency Government as well as a War Management Cabinet that will Lead the Country until the Period of War has Ended with 4 Major Items being Agreed upon for the Government:

- The Creation of a “War Management Cabinet" with 3 Members: the Prime Minister, Defense Minister and the Chairman of the State Camp. In addition, Lieutenant Colonel Gadi Eisenkot and Minister Ron Dermer will act as Observers in the Cabinet.

- On behalf of the State Camp, 5 Ministers without a Portfolio will be added to the Political-Security Cabinet (With one of them acting as an Observer): Benny Gantz, Gideon Sa'ar, Gadi Eisenkot and 2 other Ministers. This is for the duration of the War.

- A Position in the War Management Cabinet will be Reserved for the Chairman of the Opposition, Yair Lapid if he wishes to join.

- During the War Period, No Bills or Government Decisions will be Promoted that do not concern the conduct of the War. All Senior Appointments are to be Extended during the War Period.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SurlyGator said:

Granted.  My post was referring to the Isreali hit on the Gaza hospital.  That is the one that would require justification.  Given Hamas' track record, their bombing an Israeli hospital doesn't seem all that surprising.

I haven't seen any reports of an Israeli hit on a hospital in Gaza.  Not saying it didn't happen, but neither of the tweets to which you referred mention such a strike.  

Yeah, he shouldn't be piloting. 

Air Canada confirmed it has taken a pilot out of service after he penned a number of disturbing posts following Hamas’ attacks on Israel over the weekend. Followers of Montreal-based First Officer Mostafa Ezzo reportedly complained directly to the airline after he posted a number of shocking statements including: “F*** you Israel, burn in hell” and describing Israel as a “terrorist state.” “Hitler is proud of you,” he wrote in another post

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/air-canada-grounds-pilot-disturbing-031824084.html

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1