2023 ALCS: Rangers vs Astros

Helobious

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Maybe the Stros should start jamming some shit ass music. Turn this baby around.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

57 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:
Maybe the Stros should start jamming some shit ass music. Turn this baby around.

How about Foo Fighters?

53 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

They're more of a Kid Rock kind of crowd. 

3 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Tons of sweet late 90s bands unclaimed.

Silverchair

Days of the New

Seven Mary Three

Fuck y'all.  We're going with Debbie Gibson's "Foolish Beat."  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

I just don’t see the Rangers bullpen continuing this dominance.

I don’t know that I’d call it ‘dominance’; it’s been effective in the sense that no leads have been blown, but still a fuckin’ white knuckle ride, especially when Chapman rolls out there. Definitely better than the regular season (especially that late August to mid September stretch), but I still won’t be comfortable any time the tying run’s on deck no matter who’s up there….

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I don’t know that I’d call it ‘dominance’; it’s been effective in the sense that no leads have been blown, but still a fuckin’ white knuckle ride, especially when Chapman rolls out there. Definitely better than the regular season (especially that late August to mid September stretch), but I still won’t be comfortable any time the tying run’s on deck no matter who’s up there….

Any time Chapman comes in:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

And agreed about it not being dominant. That bottom 9 yesterday, every single one of those balls were squared up. The first out was just missed. Altuve sent a shout out the center. Leclerc makes me nervous, too. 

Good for them for not blowing any of the leads we have had late as they have a ton this year. But it's definitely an adventure at times.

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And agreed about it not being dominant. That bottom 9 yesterday, every single one of those balls were squared up. The first out was just missed. Altuve sent a shout out the center. Leclerc makes me nervous, too. 

Good for them for not blowing any of the leads we have had late as they have a ton this year. But it's definitely an adventure at times.

I feel "ok" (not great) about Leclerc rested but certainly not a back to back.  Astros have a massive BP advantage.   Frankly I was pretty shocked we didn't blow the lead yesterday with all 3 pitching back to back.  

• Like 1

NSIAP, not jinxing anybody.  But who gets homefield advantage in the WS if Phillies hold on to NL pennant lead?  They have same record as Astros and Rangers.  They have regular season leg up on Astros in head-to-head, but Astros are division winners.  Phillies are not.  If it's the Rangers, they own Phillies regular season head-to-head.  So is it ALCS winner gets home-field either way in the Lone Star State?  

Just now, YGIFS said:

NSIAP, not jinxing anybody.  But who gets homefield advantage in the WS if Phillies hold on to NL pennant lead?  They have same record as Astros and Rangers.  They have regular season leg up on Astros in head-to-head, but Astros are division winners.  Phillies are not.  If it's the Rangers, they own Phillies regular season head-to-head.  So is it ALCS winner gets home-field either way in the Lone Star State?  

It's head to head during the season between the teams. Rangers swept Philly 3-0, and Houston lost 1-2 iirc

SO Phillies would get 4/7 over Houston in terms of home field schedule, but Rangers would get 4/7 over Philly.  Division champion thing goes out the window once you get outta your own LCS?  I honestly don't know with all the playoff rewrites this season.  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

SO Phillies would get 4/7 over Houston in terms of home field schedule, but Rangers would get 4/7 over Philly.  Division champion thing goes out the window once you get outta your own LCS?  I honestly don't know with all the playoff rewrites this season.  

That's correct. It goes by best record first, then if it's a tie, H2H between the 2 teams.  If the Astros do pull this out, going on the Road to Philly for games 1/2 would probably be preferred for them. 

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yes HFA for Philly v Houston and not Arlington.

New rules since they implemented the play every team thing. This makes the most sense to be honest.

• Hook 'Em 1

People hate Manfred but at least he got rid of the HFA alternating every year or being reliant on the all star game winner. 
Agreed. To have an exhibition game decide something that crucial was dumb as shit. I thought the alternating was better because at least it isn't dependent on an exhibition game.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:31 PM, Helobious said:

Thread for the games/matchup discussion for anyone that doesn’t want to wade into the cesspool of the Hate thread. Made that mistake a couple times. 

Texas has the hot hand but I believe they went 0-93 or something like that against Houston this year. I’m just so fucking sick of seeing the Astros in the WS and so is everyone else.

starts thread because he doesn't like the hate in the other thread, then proceeds to hate on the Astros.

48 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

starts thread because he doesn't like the hate in the other thread, then proceeds to hate on the Astros.

The irony of a guy who became a fan of a team because that team was in the world series every year being jealous of another team doing the exact same thing is awesome tbh.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The irony of a guy who became a fan of a team because that team was in the world series every year being jealous of another team doing the exact same thing is awesome tbh.

What do you know about these though...???

spacer.png

https://www.amazon.com/MiaBella-Sterling-Italian-Diamond-Necklace/dp/B07MG12H81/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1WV8OWHUWMIV3&keywords=18"+chain&qid=1697738961&sprefix=18+chain%2Caps%2C2478&sr=8-7

I feel the winning team tonight ends up winning the series. A Texas win is 3-1 and another home game. A Houston win erases everything Texas did in Houston. And the series goes back to Houston no matter what.

This kind of reminds me of Texas against Toronto in 2015. Texas went there and got 2 wins, came back home and just never got on track to lose 3 straight.

Yeah, I would agree if I hadn't of watched the 2019 World Series and this years team.  The Astros are capable of winning all 3 in Arlington and then getting swept at home again.
You underestimate DFW teams melting down when it matters most. Rangers probably at the very top of the list. They covered up their poor pitching these playoffs by their bats going off and they could just hang onto leads but up until last night, no one ever punched them in the mouth. I worried when that happened, they would fold. Especially against Houston, since they've owned us for years. None of tonight surprised me. Also won't surprise me if Houston doesn't lose another game this series.
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Good job good effort rangers, this series is fucking over. Motherfuck Houston no one gives a shit about this postseason anyway that’s the funny part. 

The Yankees damned sure didn't.  Congratulations!!!

This series with Texas has been interesting and fun.  We're enjoying it, and that's all the fuck that matters.  You are a bigger crybaby than Dodgerfan's bitch ass.

Edited by slorch