2023 ALCS: Rangers vs Astros

Helobious

39 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not surprised no one in here was smart enough to get it. I don’t literally mean I liked ny style pizza so I rooted for the Yankees. It’s just an example of how I’ve always had an affinity and connnection for nyc and it’s culture my whole life. I’ve visited several times and loved it. 

Also last I checked this is a free country and I can support any team I want to without a need to justify it to anyone. So go pound sand. Enjoy winning what will be the least watched WS of all time, I’ve got better things to do. 

Each justification post gets progressively. Better. Keep at it... 

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

helo saying he's a Yankee fan because "pizza" is the funniest shit on this site since @NowThis.

some epic responses too. looking at you @DaysOff and @formermav43

I'm dead.

I think he clarified that how simpatico he felt while watching ‘Welcome Back, Kotter’ reruns and in clandestine viewings of ‘Taxi Driver’ on HBO as a kid has pretty much earned him naturalized New Yorker status. Who are we to argue such logic?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Not surprised no one in here was smart enough to get it. I don’t literally mean I liked ny style pizza so I rooted for the Yankees. It’s just an example of how I’ve always had an affinity and connnection for nyc and it’s culture my whole life. I’ve visited several times and loved it. 

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

• Like 1

Abreu suspended for 2 games, but ole hot head evidently did NOT go after Maldy or bump the HPU.  Leclerc did NOT throw at Dubon.  Nope.

Should have suspended Garcia and Abreu both for 1 game if any.

Add the decision to one more thing where it just goes, "Fuck the Astros.  They are blowing everyone's doors off anyway." Other team needs a little tush push  from MLB, and Manfred makes sure they get it.

Newsflash:  It won't matter.    LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Abreu suspended for 2 games, but ole hot head evidently did NOT go after Maldy or bump the HPU.  Leclerc did NOT throw at Dubon.  Nope.

Add the decision to one more thing where it just goes, "Fuck the Astros.  They are blowing everyone's doors off anyway." Other team needs a little tush from MLB  push, and Manfred makes sure they get it.

It's better for MLB to keep the Astros in the playoffs as long as possible.

Add the decision to one more thing where it just goes, "Fuck the Astros.  They are blowing everyone's doors off anyway." Other team needs a little tush from MLB  push, and Manfred makes sure they get it.

There’s no way they eject Abreu last night if Garcia doesn’t lose his cool.

Suspending a player because another player had a strong reaction is bananas.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You don’t actually believe that do you? You think the umpires weren’t going to convene regardless in that situation? You don’t think Bochy comes out and argues even if García just goes to first? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

You don’t actually believe that do you? You think the umpires weren’t going to convene regardless in that situation? You don’t think Bochy comes out and argues even if García just goes to first? 

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind.

I know you’re new to baseball, so I won’t hold this wrong opinion against you.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Christ man take the loss. I bet Bochy would be begging Garcia not to be a dipshit if he could so it all over.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Suspending a player because another player had a strong reaction is bananas.

Throwing him out in the first player is a joke.  Soft as dog shit.

4 hours ago, DaysOff said:

The delusional bandwagon RGV Yankee planet.

I love this delusion. When has a team ever in HISTORY threw at a batter in a tied LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES, losing in the bottom of the 8th inning, by multiple scores, to then intentionally hit someone with a runner on because they hit a homer earlier in the game? Do you understand how stupid that sounds? Like I know Rangers fans have never felt the bliss of winning it all but come on. You guys are being delusional if you think that pitch was intentional. There was zero reason to hit him in that at bat. 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Every Astros player and every Astros fan thought the series was over after the Altuve homer in game 5. They’re all fucking stunned right now. One more game to play. 

We went through 2019, genius.

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That was one of the best “Fuck you” moments in baseball history. Holy shit that was awesome. 

Major League Baseball Smile GIF by MLB

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

As much as I hate agreeing with you, half the posters in the Astros thread were saying things like “fuck this team” when they were 3-4 days shy of winning the division in the regular season. Terrible fans.

Tomorrow gonna be fun.

Have you seen what goes on in the Rangers thread?

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Have you seen what goes on in the Rangers thread?

You are the worst cassandra the sky is falling all year on the Astros thread dude.

But yea the Garcia HR tonight was so sweet. Seeing the Astros fielders frozen looking like test dummies at a New Mexico atom bomb test site was hilarious.

These guys can't win at home! It's hilarious.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

You are the worst cassandra the sky is falling all year on the Astros thread dude.

But yea the Garcia HR tonight was so sweet. Seeing the Astros fielders frozen looking like test dummies at a New Mexico atom bomb test site was hilarious.

These guys can't win at home! It's hilarious.

With the exception of ztejas, every single fan in the Rangers thread has given on that team multiple times since the all-star break. Hell, I can find a whole bunch of give up posts that started Friday afternoon.

Come on now.

• Hook 'Em 2