arkansas at Alabama - 11am on espn

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s a luxury in a way. We have been wandering around in the desert for years. seeing an oasis only to find out we are drinking sand. Every time we think we’ve found water…just more fucking sand. 

Maybe you should leave the desert?

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Alabama’s o line is ridiculously bad. I thought that last play was a screen pass with 3 guys getting pressure.

We have some problems at tackle, but on the bright side we've been able to snap the ball thus far today.  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:
Saban going absolutely apeshit lmao

At what point does one realize you are getting too old to be getting that worked up and stressed? Go retire and chill out old man.

I forgot which podcast it was, but someone compared Saban to Paterno in that all they know is coaching so if they aren't doing that, they really don't know what else to do with their life. Paterno died so...

Saban has soo much money and his grandkids, but could you imagine him and Terry in somewhere like Paris just chillin and Terry is trying to sightsee and Saban keeps drawing up plays with some baguettes at a coffee shop?

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I forgot which podcast it was, but someone compared Saban to Paterno in that all they know is coaching so if they aren't doing that, they really don't know what else to do with their life. Paterno died so...

Saban has soo much money and his grandkids, but could you imagine him and Terry in somewhere like Paris just chillin and Terry is trying to sightsee and Saban keeps drawing up plays with some baguettes at a coffee shop?

It also happened to Bear, dead within a few months.  

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Saban let Milroe throw on 2nd and 15 to virtually seal the game because it was situationally advantageous.

Sark took it out of Ewers hands with two plays to get nine yards.

Sark beat Saban. 

[EDIT]  Advantage: Texas A&M

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I thought Saban might stroke out on the sideline after that penalty on the kneel down.  He may want to consider that baguette.

Edited by Mdhorn

52 minutes ago, z009 said:

Bama has looked horrible in most of their games. I think we overvalued our win against them. 

This is a vast overstatement. They’ve just looked a lot less like the Alabama we’ve become accustomed to, but they haven’t looked horrible. This is still a very capable team with some glaring deficiencies. The same could be said about Texas. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

This is a vast overstatement. They’ve just looked a lot less like the Alabama we’ve become accustomed to, but they haven’t looked horrible. This is still a very capable team with some glaring deficiencies. The same could be said about Texas. 

Their QB play is not even close to natty-caliber. 

I hate to say it but Bama looks like butt, my dudes. The worst 5-1 team in the nation. But I need and want them to win out and be better for our SOS. Every week seeing them as mortals who aren’t even really that good takes a little shine off that high from week 2…

Just now, BeardIP said:

I hate to say it but Bama looks like butt, my dudes. The worst 5-1 team in the nation. But I need and want them to win out and be better for our SOS. Every week seeing them as mortals who aren’t even really that good takes a little shine off that high from week 2…

This is simply false.  Their defense (which had a lapse for a few minutes today) is extremely high quality and their offense seems to be learning to play around Milroe.  Are they their 2020 selves?  No, but worst 5-1 team in the nation when their one loss is to Texas and teams like 6-1 L'ville just got throttled by 1-4 Pitt or this USC shitshow that is ongoing is dumb.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This is simply false.  Their defense (which had a lapse for a few minutes today) is extremely high quality and their offense seems to be learning to play around Milroe.  Are they their 2020 selves?  No, but worst 5-1 team in the nation when their one loss is to Texas and teams like 6-1 L'ville just got throttled by 1-4 Pitt or this USC shitshow that is ongoing is dumb.  

It's hard for me to get the USF game out of my mind I guess, especially when they eke out a win against a very hapless Arky and squeeze by A&M which was beat by a herp derp QB-led Tenn. 

But they did beat a seemingly good Ole Miss.

I still think they lose at least one more if not two more games. I hope it ain't so, though.

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

It's hard for me to get the USF game out of my mind I guess, especially when they eke out a win against a very hapless Arky and squeeze by A&M which was beat by a herp derp QB-led Tenn. 

But they did beat a seemingly good Ole Miss.

I still think they lose at least one more if not two more games. I hope it ain't so, though.

Nick fucked around experimenting with QBs in that USF game, knowing his defense wasn't giving up shiit. 

They got deep dicked on a call on that blocked kick return or they beat aggy by a respectable 13 points. 

Today they had piggy by the throat and then fucked around for about 10 minutes. 

I think focus, or lack of it is their biggest problem....not talent.  

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm not sure what we are, but the worst one loss squad I doubt it.  Young players that get experience often get better, and we have several in key spots.  Keep winning, even ugly, and all it takes is peaking at the right time.  I think we've been left for dead after a loss to a good experienced team, but we aren't dead, at least not yet.  

Saban let Milroe throw on 2nd and 15 to virtually seal the game because it was situationally advantageous.

Sark took it out of Ewers hands with two plays to get nine yards.

I thought that was a brilliant play. The announcers were saying “you can’t throw it here!” And then he dropped back and tossed it. Sealed the win.

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

This is a bad take and you should feel bad. 

Our remaining schedule:

10/21 vs Tennessee

11/04 vs LSU

11/11 @ Kentucky

11/18 vs Chattanooga

11/11 @ Auburn

Based on yesterday’s haphazard, unfocused, second half derpfest, snatch a salvage win from the jaws of embarrassment performance, I have faint hope in this year’s final outcome. Milroe doesn’t seem to be able to detect pressure coming presnap or postsnap, and his aggy game downfield touch wasn’t there yesterday in the second half. Tennessee reminds me of Texas, Daniels should dissect us, especially if the defense is gassed, Kentucky will be tough or we will make it tough, and the Philistines of the Plains will pull something out of Freeze’s ass to make that game a gut check. Well, fuck me.

After the Tua to Devanta title on 2nd and 26, I vowed never to bitch about Alabama football again and I’m not now. Considering how this season looked after the Texas game, I should be thankful, and I am. But Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what the fuck is going on with the O line? Thank god for our kicker and punter.

Roll Tide anyway. We’re still in it.

Hope, ever how slight, springs eternal.