Week 7, 2023: Texas at Houston

Wulaw Horn

We are giving big middle fingers to the hateful 8, the losers left behind on our get the hell out of here tour, and the next two weeks are weird- because instead of playing insignificant pissants from irrelevant places we’ve shared this dumpster fire of a conference with for 25 or so years, we are playing even more insignificant pissants that joined up because this was the best that they could do. 
We share some history with UH. We were incredibly happy to get the hell out of playing in a conference with them when we left the SWC, and they get to take a putative step up because we are leaving. 
Basically, UH sucks. I mean, occasionally they will have his football teams but it’s a second rate institution of questionable higher learning, in the ghetto, where everyone commutes to school and then heads back to their parents basement when the school day is over. 
They are petty and absurd dipshits who once built an erector set when their pissant stadium couldn’t accommodate more than 13 people wanting to watch a game there. Once upon a time they had groundbreaking teams, now they merely have an active lush for a coach, a shitty roster, and nothing compelling or interesting about them. 
guys, I’d like to spit fire here and mock and riddle them but it’s not even fun to punch that far down when you are talking about the try hard from the wrong side of the tracks that’s just a total mess. 
I hadn’t thought about Uh football in 30 years and I’m not about to start now. I’m choosing to treat this mentally as an insignificant non conference game against a crappy opponent and go from there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I will also be preoccupied and likely not watch much/any of the game, and not sad about it at all. Either it's a laugher like it should be, in which case who cares, or it's close/a loss and I don't want to see that.

UH probably puts up some points with a strong-armed mobile QB that has some decent WRs (i.e. well-equipped to exploit Texas's weak-in-coverage back 7 and problems with mobile QBs) and experience against Texas. However I fail to see how the UH defense offers significant resistance. If the Texas offense comes to play this is over by halftime. It's possible they start out of sync, don't pull away until the second half, and this board melts down. A loss is really hard to envision though, Houston is right there with Baylor in the race for worst team on the schedule.

Anyone with lingering health issues (Sanders, Watts) should sit.

The oldest is getting married that evening in Houston.  So, I will be watching from the Hotel Zsa Zsa.  That is, unless I sneak off and get to the stadium.  I think we bitch slap 'em back to reality with our D throwing lots of 3's and out.  The O will light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine on crack.  Children should eat a little table in the corner.  Especially red headed little punk ass gutter dwellers from the 77204. We feast.  Stick to the code, take all ya' can and leave nothing for the rest.  Our day, our way.

TEXAS!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Basically, UH sucks. I mean, occasionally they will have his football teams but it’s a second rate institution of questionable higher learning, in the ghetto, where everyone commutes to school and then heads back to their parents basement when the school day is over.

Who has a basement in Houston?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Week 7, 2023: Texas at Houston
8 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

ya'll are more confident than i, which makes me feel better.  however, i urge caution.  we cannot overlook them because we cannot afford another loss.  every team left on the schedule is capable of beating us, including the cougs.  they remind me of cu - all heart and no talent.

Blink 182 Wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

ya'll are more confident than i, which makes me feel better.  however, i urge caution.  we cannot overlook them because we cannot afford another loss.  every team left on the schedule is capable of beating us, including the cougs.  they remind me of cu - all heart and no talent.

They lost to Rice. And got blown out by TCU and TTU. I'm not sure they have heart or talent.

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

The oldest is getting married that evening in Houston.  So, I will be watching from the Hotel Zsa Zsa.  That is, unless I sneak off and get to the stadium.  I think we bitch slap 'em back to reality with our D throwing lots of 3's and out.  The O will light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine on crack.  Children should eat a little table in the corner.  Especially red headed little punk ass gutter dwellers from the 77204. We feast.  Stick to the code, take all ya' can and leave nothing for the rest.  Our day, our way.

TEXAS!

ca4942b8-1044-493a-b126-c492869c69ad_text.gif.e1d5f41cfce256d7d58bc678a329dded.gif

giphy.gif.720018aee412b4df770def349e41198d.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Pretty much the only thing Houston can do is throw the ball. They can't run that well, struggle to defend both the run and the pass and give up a lot of sacks. Watching them against WVU my untrained eye told me that their default on defense is just to bring pressure. They may not know what they are doing but they would rather go down bringing 5 or 6 than sit back and get picked apart. 

Edited by Hookem2147

TEXAS!

“My first born child is getting married at Hotel ZaZa but I might fuck around and miss the ceremony to watch a college football game between the University of Texas and Cougar High in person” is an extremely weird flex but go off king.
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Is this a bit?

56 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

“My first born child is getting married at Hotel ZaZa but I might fuck around and miss the ceremony to watch a college football game between the University of Texas and Cougar High in person” is an extremely weird flex but go off king.

It’s her fault for getting married during football season. Fuck around and find out. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Username doesn't match or some such. 

4 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

Who has a basement in Houston?

3 hours ago, CBHorn said:

Not from Houston I see.

It's funny because he's in Houston and does mortgages

• Haha 2

Holgo’s seat is very hot. I expect them to try and throw the kitchen sink at us. It won’t matter. I would watch for some trick plays. They have a couple of quick guys. Not much of a chance their defense gets off the field to score though. I see them maybe getting a return for a score and then 7 more in garbage time. We better beat their asses soundly. 

38-14 Texas. Hook’em

I’d be more worried about this game if they didn’t come back and beat WVU. Holgo wanted the WVU game more than he does this one. 

If the team comes out and assets itself on the LOS like they’re probably emphasizing during this bye week, then this isn’t competitive after the first half. 

If we get down early and give them confidence like what happened against Wyoming, then anything is possible. 

Will the rest of the season be like Mack era post ou losses, or will we be the same ol Texas from the past decade? Hmm. Make me a believer again boys. There is still ALOT to play for. Playoffs can still happen if we go undefeated. Just focus on getting to Big 12 title and winning that. The rest will take care of itself.

Side note: I’m still not over the loss.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Holgo’s seat is very hot. I expect them to try and throw the kitchen sink at us. It won’t matter. I would watch for some trick plays. They have a couple of quick guys. Not much of a chance their defense gets off the field to score though. I see them maybe getting a return for a score and then 7 more in garbage time. We better beat their asses soundly. 

38-14 Texas. Hook’em

It's going to be worse than that, I watched their game with West Virginia in person, their defense is slow and small. We should struggle to not score 50+ points.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's going to be worse than that, I watched their game with West Virginia in person, their defense is slow and small. We should struggle to not score 50+ points.

Nose tackle (Chidozie Nwankwo) for cougar high seems decent so Texas OL needs to account for the guy and wear him out.  

43 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

What about the purple line metro??

Came here to ask this. Anyone familiar at all with how things work for Cougar high game day? Rail seems to be the way, and was hoping there is a dirext route from either Eado or Rice Village, given the pre game capabilities of each. 

51 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

What about the purple line metro??

one rail stop, 40k people leaving at once 

Same thing happens at nrg events. Going there is great, mass transit rules ! Then everyone tries to leave at the end of the event / concert, mass transit sucks !!

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Came here to ask this. Anyone familiar at all with how things work for Cougar high game day? Rail seems to be the way, and was hoping there is a dirext route from either Eado or Rice Village, given the pre game capabilities of each. 

Start here …

21 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

So glad you're here to get our heads back in the game. 

On 10/15/2023 at 1:19 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

We are giving big middle fingers to the hateful 8, the losers left behind on our get the hell out of here tour, and the next two weeks are weird- because instead of playing insignificant pissants from irrelevant places we’ve shared this dumpster fire of a conference with for 25 or so years, we are playing even more insignificant pissants that joined up because this was the best that they could do. 
We share some history with UH. We were incredibly happy to get the hell out of playing in a conference with them when we left the SWC, and they get to take a putative step up because we are leaving. 
They are petty and absurd dipshits who once built an erector set when their pissant stadium couldn’t accommodate more than 13 people wanting to watch a game there. Once upon a time they had groundbreaking teams, now they merely have an active lush for a coach, a shitty roster, and nothing compelling or interesting about them. 
guys, I’d like to spit fire here and mock and riddle them but it’s not even fun to punch that far down when you are talking about the try hard from the wrong side of the tracks that’s just a total mess. 
I hadn’t thought about Uh football in 30 years and I’m not about to start now. I’m choosing to treat this mentally as an insignificant non conference game against a crappy opponent and go from there. 

In the ghetto? Who talks like that?

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic