Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

And yet 1-5 Virginia just beat 6-0 #10 North Carolina. Shit happens. Take the win and move along.

Coupe other potential upsets brewing right now, too, and also earlier today.  They may not or did not happen just like UH didn't happen to us today, but there it is.

Edited by TwiceHorn

13 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Posts like this crack me up. Texas almost lost to a really bad football team today. Holgo will likely get fired after this season and they aren’t making a bowl. This would have been an unthinkable loss, especially after being up 21-0 in the 1H.

OU almost lost to UCF, UNC lost to a 1 and 5 team, and hell, even the aggies have managed to beat a few teams this season. Shit happens. 

Edited by hornian
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Posts like this crack me up. Texas almost lost

I didn’t read shit after this. You’re either a masochist or regarded, the last 14 years that posts actually goes “Texas should have beat” and you can put Maryland twice in a row, Cal, Kansas, sand aggy, tcu 4 times in a row. This game we played like total dog shit and won. We are 6-1. The best people thought was 9-3 maybe 10-2. Are we not on our way? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

That's being a moron and not pushing it to a 4 score game

I completely agree that he should have kicked the FG there. 

but I realize you thought if we made it the score would have been 24-0 there. 

They had already scored 1 td, so it would have been 24-7, which is a 3 score game.  But even if it had turned out being a chance at 24-0 thats still a 3 score game as well 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, if Ewers is out an extended period of time and we don’t win the rig 12, that’s Sark’s excuse this year. Next year, something else. Then so on. But our powers that be thought that some magic dust would rub off of Saban and make Sark a top ten coach despite his past record. It’s becoming clearer that Sark ain’t it. And yes, I know other teams nearly lost or upset but I’m focused on us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I didn’t read shit after this. You’re either a masochist or regarded, the last 14 years that posts actually goes “Texas should have beat” and you can put Maryland twice in a row, Cal, Kansas, sand aggy, tcu 4 times in a row. This game we played like total dog shit and won. We are 6-1. The best people thought was 9-3 maybe 10-2. Are we not on our way? 

I guess I’m just not as convinced as you guys. Maybe I’m just a shitty fan. Maybe the last 14 years have made me an eternal pessimist. 

We’ll see how the season plays out. 

13 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

I guess I’m just not as convinced as you guys. Maybe I’m just a shitty fan. Maybe the last 14 years have made me an eternal pessimist. 

I don’t want to be one of those dick heads that thinks I’m always right, it was an ugly win against a garbage team. In my opinion we normally find a way to lose that game. You absolutely are correct in that it would have been a devastating program loss but we have actually seen a few of those (cal, Maryland twice) in recent years. I prefer to focus on that we have finally found a way to win these ugly games like clemson, Oklahoma, and even bama have done so many times in my life time. To each their own, I like the arguing back and forth we get here on surly. Well, when it’s done correctly anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I’ve been trying to figure out why anyone ever thought otherwise. Everyone was declaring that we would rematch with OU in the championship. Why? 
Which other team is in better position to do that? Sometimes it's not about how good your team is, but rather how good they are relative to other teams...THIS SEASON. In past seasons our team may not be good enough to cut it, this year they are. Could we lose another game in conference? Sure. Could we win out? Absolutely.

In the slow mo there is surely an argument to be made that the runner gained enough for a first down. However, this is the first time I’ve seen it at live speed (daughter basketball tournament) and it’s also easy to see where the spot came from at live game speed. It was a bang bang play as much as a spot can be. If he gained the line it was for a split second before he was turned back. If someone wants to argue it should have been reviewed then I think that’s a a valid argument but the initial game speed call was not as egregious as it is being made out to be. See 8:06 in the video below

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Which other team is in better position to do that? Sometimes it's not about how good your team is, but rather how good they are relative to other teams...THIS SEASON.

That’s been the case for most of our time in the Big12, yet a loss to OU has almost always meant all our season goals were off the table. Maybe somehow this season will be different than every year but 1996. 

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

In the slow mo there is surely an argument to be made that the runner gained enough for a first down. However, this is the first time I’ve seen it at live speed (daughter basketball tournament) and it’s also easy to see where the spot came from at live game speed. It was a bang bang play as much as a spot can be. If he gained the line it was for a split second before he was turned back. If someone wants to argue it should have been reviewed then I think that’s a a valid argument but the initial game speed call was not as egregious as it is being made out to be. See 8:06 in the video below

They never showed an angle that visibly had the ball crossing 9-yard line. Without that there isn't enough evidence to overturn

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I guess that's it, so too Wyoming, Rice, Baylor, and KU, because the D was looking like it had really turned the corner after getting the right personnel in the right places.

Still, I haven't had a lot of confidence in our secondary at all, and that's been shown to be correct.  Although we've been operating with some pretty significant injuries.  I didn't realize Barron was out today until the second half. I knew Watts was dubious and he's just one guy, but one decent CB can help a lot.  I knew Catalon was banged up, but didn't know he was out, too, although he's not much of a weapon against the pass.

The D is solid against backup QBs. Starters…..not so much

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That’s been the case for most of our time in the Big12, yet a loss to OU has almost always meant all our season goals were off the table. Maybe somehow this season will be different than every year but 1996. 

For most of that time period, losing to them meant we don’t win the division and can’t play for the conference. They road block was removed a few years ago, but we’ve been average in those years and only got to the ccg in a year when we actually beat ou in October. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

For most of that time period, losing to them meant we don’t win the division and can’t play for the conference. They road block was removed a few years ago, but we’ve been average in those years and only got to the ccg in a year when we actually beat ou in October. 

But OU often dropped a game, we would just drop another. The problem has always been with us. It still is. 

• Rage+1 2

41 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

04 down to KU and VY had to save us.......amd this ain't 04 Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

But OU often dropped a game, we would just drop another. The problem has always been with us. It still is. 

True. Except 2004. And then the 2008 travesty.  Basically no matter what happens in the rrs, they end up ahead of us unless we win all the games. It’s that fucking sooner magic.  

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

This is where I land. Texas teams of years past would have lost this game 10 out of 10 times. The fact we're gutting out ugly wins is better than a shitty loss. Hell even VY had that one game against Kansas

Until it happens - the inexcusable loss - winning ugly is still a win. I have zero room for error for sark the rest of the reg season this conference is that bad. But win all ugly, don’t care won them all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

I don’t want to be one of those dick heads that thinks I’m always right, it was an ugly win against a garbage team. In my opinion we normally find a way to lose that game. You absolutely are correct in that it would have been a devastating program loss but we have actually seen a few of those (cal, Maryland twice) in recent years. I prefer to focus on that we have finally found a way to win these ugly games like clemson, Oklahoma, and even bama have done so many times in my life time. To each their own, I like the arguing back and forth we get here on surly. Well, when it’s done correctly anyway. 

Well, we haven’t won most of our 1 score games under Sark, so maybe it’s a stepping stone.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

It will be nice to be in a league where not every team’s season is made if they beat us.  Sure, our rivals — ags, OU and arky — will want to beat us bad.  But it’s not a jihad game like today.  Or most of the current Big 12.  

give it time. look at the stuff we posted on here after beating Alabama. "we are going to the SEC, but should not embrace the SEC" etc. the pure hate from the other fanbases and teams will come after a few interactions with all of what makes Texas football..

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, troph said:

Until it happens - the inexcusable loss - winning ugly is still a win. I have zero room for error for sark the rest of the reg season this conference is that bad. But win all ugly, don’t care won them all. 

Ol' ugly is better than ol' nothin'. DKR

Edited by Horndog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, naija said:

give it time. look at the stuff we posted on here after beating Alabama. "we are going to the SEC, but should not embrace the SEC" etc. the pure hate from the other fanbases and teams will come after a few interactions with all of what makes Texas football..

They may hate us and want to beat us badly.  But they’ll have other teams on their schedule they hate and want to beat more than us. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

I checked TexAgs lol

There are numerous threads about using AI bots to coach their team

But what's interesting is they all talk about refs kissing our ass almost exactly the way we talk about OU and the refs.  Found that interesting

ssshhhh but if you dlve into other schools fans site you'll find fans complaining about refs being against them and not calling holding on their opponents too!

26 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

It will be nice to be in a league where not every team’s season is made if they beat us.  Sure, our rivals — ags, OU and arky — will want to beat us bad.  But it’s not a jihad game like today.  Or most of the current Big 12.  

Well I hate to tell you

But the SEC, it just MEANS MORE. 

Literally every team hates the fuck out of every other team every game. 

They won't be all out to get Texas, but don't expect it to be friendly at all. It's very competitive and chippy. 

Go to Florida/LSU in the swamp

Florida's rivals are Georgia and Flordia State, yet that game is as bloodthirsty as anything I've ever been to. 

Also, the game atmosphere in DKR is going to be mid-tier in the SEC. 

Today in Houstons little stadium it felt like a HS game.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Well I hate to tell you

But the SEC, it just MEANS MORE. 

Literally every team hates the fuck out of every other team every game. 

They won't be all out to get Texas, but don't expect it to be friendly at all. It's very competitive and chippy. 

Go to Florida/LSU in the swamp

Florida's rivals are Georgia and Flordia State, yet that game is as bloodthirsty as anything I've ever been to. 

Also, the game atmosphere in DKR is going to be mid-tier in the SEC. 

Today in Houstons little stadium it felt like a HS game.

Looch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, DanTheHorn said:

Looch?

No just somebody who has been to a few SEC games as a Florida fan, but I'm a Texas grad. 

Just saying, I'm not going to bring my small children to any away SEC games, unless maybe in the nose bleeds or something. 

Was anyone else in section 333? A fight broke out between a UH fan and his UT fan friends and a group of UT fans. They had no security or police on the second level. I found it crazy for such a big game for UH that they really didn’t have any police or security presence or anyone working for them around the 2nd and 3rd levels

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Anyway, anyone want to see some shit you’d never see in DKR? Couple girls in front of us were ripping blunts and rather than clapping/yelling for big downs, took to twerking. 

I can work with that. Just as much, I enjoyed the fact that those clips had neither audio trash blaring nor bob cole’s voice. 

• Haha 1