NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

They really had their chances to keep it going, too. It was unprecedented that a team in contention got all those high picks while they were still competing for championships. You can pretty much play this game with any team and draft, but what would have happened if the lottery balls fell their way and they got Anthony Edwards instead of the #2 pick in Wiseman? What would this team look like if they had taken Halliburton or Ball instead of Wiseman? Or how about Franz Wagner instead of Kuminga and Sengun instead of Moody?

Drafting sounds super easy

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i can’t help but notice that everyone draymond targets (lebron, kawhi, harden, gobert, adams, nurkic, sabonis, etc) are all on the list of “guys least likely to hit back.” 

He’s a bully.

Harden went back at him at least. I keep hoping he tries it (or accidentally hits) someone with no more fucks to give who will give it back and put him in his place.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He’s a bully.

Harden went back at him at least. I keep hoping he tries it (or accidentally hits) someone with no more fucks to give who will give it back and put him in his place.

Yep.  Seeing him get lights out dropped would be very grunting.   

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i can’t help but notice that everyone draymond targets (lebron, kawhi, harden, gobert, adams, nurkic, sabonis, etc) are all on the list of “guys least likely to hit back.” 

I'm sure that's by design.  Would have loved to see Adams go HAM on him, though.  That guy is scary.  Too bad he's so nice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm sure that's by design.  Would have loved to see Adams go HAM on him, though.  That guy is scary.  Too bad he's so nice.

my thoughts exactly. adams could pick up draymond by the top of his head with one hand and toss him around like a rag doll. but draymond knows he’d never do that, so. 

Edited by shadow_operative

I mean, let's be real, the number of players in the NBA who would take a real swing on someone during a game is probably zero. The stars are too smart for that, and the bench guys can't risk it. And Draymond isn't 17, so Ja isn't an option.

Ron Artest ain't walking through that door.

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

He’s a bully.

So much this. Someone laying his ass out (Kermit Washington style) is the only way he stops being such a sorry POS. 

In that video above Draymon is choking Gobert out and KAT is just trying to wedge his hand in there, wtf? He should have had his nose broke right then. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The dude has severe mental problems, he has no control over his emotions and no empathy. At best he has narcissistic personality disorder at worst he is a sociopath.

He’s a guy whose primary strength was being a versatile defender because of his elite athletic ability.  He no longer has elite athletic ability.  He’s frustrated and acting out.  

30 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He’s a guy whose primary strength was being a versatile defender because of his elite athletic ability.  He no longer has elite athletic ability.  He’s frustrated and acting out.  

He was never elite athletically. If he was, maybe he'd have some room to compensate and adjust when he lost a step after 30. At his athletic peak he was just barely athletic enough to defend a lot of space, hold his own against bigger players, stay in front of smaller players, and be where his high basketball IQ told him to be in time. Now he's not. He's still really good at guarding the guy in front of him, but he doesn't have the same team defensive impact, where he's directly involved in every action. Totally agree with your last sentence though.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

At his athletic peak he was just barely athletic enough to defend a lot of space, hold his own against bigger players, stay in front of smaller players, and be where his high basketball IQ told him to be in time.

"He wasn't that athletic he was just fast enough to stay in front of NBA guards and also strong enough to bang with NBA big men"

Dray in his prime was a tremendous athlete. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"He wasn't that athletic he was just fast enough to stay in front of NBA guards and also strong enough to bang with NBA big men"

Dray in his prime was a tremendous athlete. 

Fair. I guess when I think of elite athleticism at an NBA level I think of Ja, LeBron, KD, Russ, Vince Carter, etc. Draymond is 6'7" and looks like the rim is going to stuff him every time he dunks. But there are obviously many other forms of athleticism than jumping. Mea culpa.

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wizards, pistons and spurs are a combined 3-54 since November 1

1 of the 3 wins was Washington over Detroit

Be funny if Draymond’s punishment was just getting shipped to any one of those teams. It would never happen. Couldn’t figure how the financial aspect of it would work.
 But it would be hilarious:  play or you don’t get paid. Do that shit again and you are done from league and your payments stop there. But I honestly could care less if his career ends now. He’s an asshole. An unrepentant asshole. That would be funny as hell but he shouldn’t be playing anymore. At least I do not see many defending his shit at this point. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Would be thrilled if the league ended his career, either through direct, formal sanction or by GSW releasing him and no team picking him up. But the player's union would never allow it ... even though he's a menace to members of said union.

Yeah, the irony is pretty thick.  He needs to be kicked out of the league for the protection of other players, but the Players Union won't let it happen.

I'm sick of this fucking guy.

Hard to imagine another top tier superstar giving much of a fuck about the game ball from their new career high in a December basketball game. Especially one with much better accomplishments to his name. But, then again, I didn't realize that passing out game balls was actually a thing in the NBA until today. I wonder how they do it early in the season when there's multiple rookies making their debut every game.

In Giannis's defense, he may score 100 in a game before he ever makes 24 free throws again.

• Like 1

Antetokounmpo echoed Carlisle's sentiments, calling the incident "unfortunate." He said he actually wanted the game ball because he believed it should go to teammate Damian Lillard, who made his 2,451st career 3-pointer on Wednesday night to pass Kyle Korver for fifth place in NBA history.

"I understand. When you score your first point in the NBA, you want to have the ball or whatever the case may be," Antetokounmpo said of the Pacers honoring Tshiebwe's feat. "But at the end of the day, you're talking about the guy that just skipped Kyle Korver in the all-time list. In my opinion, we should all stop what we're doing and appreciate greatness."

What, what the fuck? Are we really supposed to believe that Giannis turned into a petty bitch because he wanted to give the ball the Damian Lillard for passing Kyle fucking Korver on a list? Seriously?

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

Proof that the in season tournament has worked and is a good thing. Pacers and Bucks have a budding rivalry now. That game was intense. We're caring about the NBA in December.

I call BS on giving the game ball to Tshiebwe for his first points, but it's weird/shocking how much that seemed to mean to Giannis. Either way, i enjoy the intensity from both sides.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Hard to imagine another top tier superstar giving much of a fuck about the game ball from their new career high in a December basketball game. Especially one with much better accomplishments to his name. But, then again, I didn't realize that passing out game balls was actually a thing in the NBA until today. I wonder how they do it early in the season when there's multiple rookies making their debut every game.

In Giannis's defense, he may score 100 in a game before he ever makes 24 free throws again.

When you get paid $50M a year to bounce a basketball, I guess you have to invent reasons to get pissed off at the world and act like a child. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

When you get paid $50M a year to bounce a basketball, I guess you have to invent reasons to get pissed off at the world and act like a child. 

I don't get fans. When the players show no passion we complain. But then when they get fired up over petty shit because they are the most competitive people on earth, we call them babies.

Figure out what you want.

• Hook 'Em 2