2023 World Series: Rangers vs Diamondbacks

Sir Ulrich

Last night was nuts and definitely tops the environment from game 3 of the ALDS. My ears were ringing after the Corey Seager home run. Loudest I've ever heard the ballpark, even with the Adolis walk off. Tonight should be even more fun. Just a heads up if any of you are going to the ballpark: be prepared to wait. Food AND merch lines were extremely long. We made it to the ballpark around 5:15 and after visiting the grand slam shop and food we didn't get to our seats until 6:45.

• Like 1

You seem to think the rangers have the same national appeal as the cowboys. Try again

604d45e610e9e93f0922286af139606e.jpg

That map is bullshit. The diamondbacks have zero appeal outside of AZ and even here it’s iffy. All those western states have no people in them.

I was just answering the question about Smoltz. You can hear it in all the national talking heads tone - they reluctantly act interested in AZ and you can’t really blame them, even though it is a good story. No one in the national narrative wants to see the Dbacks win.

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

That map is bullshit. The diamondbacks have zero appeal outside of AZ and even here it’s iffy.

I was just answering the question about Smoltz. You can hear it in all the national talking heads tone - they reluctantly act interested in AZ and you can’t really blame them, even though it is a good story. No one in the national narrative wants to see the Dbacks win.

Why would the Rangers have any appeal outside of Texas?

• Hook 'Em 1

That map is bullshit. The diamondbacks have zero appeal outside of AZ and even here it’s iffy. All those western states have no people in them.

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/map-shows-which-states-are-rooting-for-the-texas-rangers-in-world-series/

Take it up with them, though at least they showed their work, you, just think its bullshit because...

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels to me like fox is playing up both teams’ stories- along with anything they can gin up for individual players’ human interest stories.  

I am actually enjoying the shit out of this WS.  It's the first time in three years that I can watch a World Series and not be hanging on every pitch.

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather my team be there; but you got to take positives out of the down times when they come.  Maybe my Yankee fan(s) can help me out on this?

11 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Because no one outside of AZ and Houston wants to see the Dbacks win?

I love this small ball shit.

It's like last night in the UCLA/ CU game, the Bruins  were running a true T formation in the Red Zone and it was pretty damned cool.  Small ball, when executed well, is sneaky destructive.  It is serving AZ well. We hardly see  it any more.  Everybody  in love with the BOOM!!!  Them bang bang plays are OK too.

Edited by slorch