Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

question: what are his possible destinations? i know nothing about where he can possibly go, but i'd love to see him join teams like Denver, Cleveland, Dallas, or Miami (good/ up and coming teams that haven't won recently), or someone like Milwaukee or Boston, teams that are *right there*, where he could be the missing piece to get them over the hump. 

Phoenix is at the top of his list

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

question: what are his possible destinations? i know nothing about where he can possibly go, but i'd love to see him join teams like Denver, Cleveland, Dallas, or Miami (good/ up and coming teams that haven't won recently), or someone like Milwaukee or Boston, teams that are *right there*, where he could be the missing piece to get them over the hump. 

Miami or phoenix 

I'd love to see him go to Miami, Denver, or Portland. Of those Portland makes the least sense as they can't offer enough and aren't good enough. Denver could roll with KD, Murray, and joker playing 3 on 5 and probably make the playoffs. So let them send every pick they can along with 3 starters. Miami, I don't know what they would be willing to offer. Can't see them giving up bam so maybe herro as the centerpiece and a ton of picks. 

Edited by Llogg

Just now, Llogg said:

If love to see him go to Miami, Denver, or Portland. Of those Portland makes the least sense as they can't offer enough and aren't good enough. Denver could roll with KD, Murray, and joker playing 3 on 5 and probably make the playoffs. So let them send every pick they can along with 3 starters. Miami, I don't know what they would be willing to offer. Can't see them giving up bam so maybe herro as the centerpiece and a ton of picks. 

They can’t trade for Bam bc they already have Simmons and there’s a rule against having 2 of those baseline player compensation types on your team. 
looks like Ayton is a problem based upon his comp schedule. 

58 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not sure how he’s the toxic one in any way here.

I mean, he did choose the Nets, choose Kyrie, got everything he ever wanted from the Nets(they traded away their whole future to assemble this team around him), stood by and supported Kyrie despite Kyrie being nearly impossible to root for, then after Kyrie opted in, he made a trade request. All after winning just one playoff series. Massive disappointment.

I know this is a Longhorns website, but the guy is hard to root for.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

He picked the #1 seed teams from each conference.

what's the difference in Miami and teams like Boston, Milwaukee, and the Sixers? does anyone here actually believe that Miami is the best team out of those four?

and who here thinks that PHX is actually the best team in the West? whole buncha guys/a franchise who've never won anything, with a PG whose entire legacy is based around the fact that he can't stay healthy/hasn't won a title. 

if KD went to Denver you'd say, "of course he teams up with the back ti back MVP." if he joins Dallas you'd say something similar about Luka. what would you say if he rejoined Golden State?!?! no matter what he does, people will always hate him, and always say that his decision was stupid/selfish/weak/whatever. 

the funniest part about this is imagining all of you in your own professions, picturing y'all at critical points of negotiation/promotion. Loch Ness's boss: "well LNM, you're the highest earner and best seller in our entire region. we'd like to promote you to our chicago office where you'll receive a substantial raise, be surrounded by the best of the best in your field, and you'll be working for the VP of the company."

LNM: "what do you take me for, a pussyfaggot?! WTF kind of shit is this? i'm the best salesman this company has seen in years and you besmirch my good name by offering me this bullshit?! i demand that you send me to Tulsa, and set me up with a studio apartment in a bad neighborhood. i want zero stock options, i want a bus pass, and i want to work surrounded by people who are all beneath me and who will never reach the heights that i've already reached. so make it happen. NOW!" 😡 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

He picked the #1 seed teams from each conference.

He knows he can't win shit on his own and his off brand "super team" he had with the Nets resulted in one measly series win. That fell apart fast and now he needs to jump ship. He's not mentally tough enough to do it on his own. His 2 rings came when he could take advantage of an already established core/system.

Dude is a cornball to the highest degree.  People love to bag on Lebron for doing this but at least when he went to Miami and Cleveland, these teams were not even close to being established winners. and hell, Cleveland was at the very bottom for some years. Miami won 4 years before but they were not even close to the same when he arrived. And he formed his own core. KD is just going somewhere he can blend in and not have to lead anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He knows he can't win shit on his own 

as opposed to all of those other star players who won titles on their own. 🙄 i mean there's Hakeem, who did it while MJ was out/just back. and that's about it. but great point.

we celebrate red auerbach, bill russell, and the dynastic celtics; we celebrate the showtime lakers and kobe/shaq/phil lakers; we celebrate the phil/scottie/mj bulls; we celebrate the spurs with pop, duncan, the admiral, manu, and tony; hell, we even give the Heatles a pass. but every single time Kevin Durant tries to improve his situation he's a bitch made pussy who draws the ire and wrath of hoops fans everywhere.

buncha lame-ass, cake ass, know-nothing, first take watching, youtube comment section water head retard trolls with absolutely nothing original or substantive to say. y'all are a fucking beating.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

He has to go somewhere good to compete. Moving to Phoenix in a deal for Ayton, a player the Suns are sure to lose in a week, isn't a huge deal. The Suns aren't a sure thing with KD, but it certainly makes them one of the favorites.  Need the stars to align on health for it to work, but getting 1-2 rings there would do wonders for his legacy.

Only teams I would say are bad for his image are Golden State and LA Lakers. Anywhere else, he would be helping a team get over the hump and win a title.  

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I mean, he did choose the Nets, choose Kyrie, got everything he ever wanted from the Nets(they traded away their whole future to assemble this team around him), stood by and supported Kyrie despite Kyrie being nearly impossible to root for, then after Kyrie opted in, he made a trade request. All after winning just one playoff series. Massive disappointment.

I know this is a Longhorns website, but the guy is hard to root for.

Then don't root for him. No one gives a shit. 

Both Kyrie and Harden got injured in 2021. Otherwise they likely win the title. They still almost beat Milwaukee with Durant playing every minute of multiple playoff games in that series. This last season Harden and Kyrie both quit on the team while Durant dragged them to the play in putting up 30/8/6 playing the 3rd most minutes per game in the league at 33 years old. Between those seasons he played in the Olympics when he didn't have to. He also signed a 4 year contract with the Nets meaning they will get back a massive haul when they deal him.

He doesn't owe Brooklyn anything. He killed himself on the court for them two seasons in a row. The lesson here is don't let two guys hold your franchise hostage when one of them is a fucking nut job. And it still almost worked. 

Brooklyn will be fine. They will get a serious haul for Durant and got a decent return from Harden. And LOL at "Kyrie opted in!" like a player exercising a $37M option who doesn't even play half the games every year should be a surprise. Kyrie is full of shit and Durant got tired of it. He never should have linked with him in the first place. 

And this is ignoring the Ben Simmons shit which is almost as ridiculous if not more so than everything Kyrie has done. 

Durant made a mistake, Brooklyn made multiple mistakes, Kyrie and Simmons are fucking lunatics, Harden doesn't give a shit and now everyone is going to move on with their lives. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 6

26 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

He has to go somewhere good to compete. Moving to Phoenix in a deal for Ayton, a player the Suns are sure to lose in a week, isn't a huge deal. The Suns aren't a sure thing with KD, but it certainly makes them one of the favorites.  Need the stars to align on health for it to work, but getting 1-2 rings there would do wonders for his legacy.

Only teams I would say are bad for his image are Golden State and LA Lakers. Anywhere else, he would be helping a team get over the hump and win a title.  

I think you could add the Clippers to that as well, no Kawhi and Paul George was out over half the year. They were still 2 games over .500

2 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I think you could add the Clippers to that as well, no Kawhi and Paul George was out over half the year. They were still 2 games over .500

I think even the Lakers wouldn't be bad for his image. It would be bad for him as that team is too broken / old but it is not a super team. Same for the Lakers - they have no history and PGIII and KL are both too nutso / injury prone to be viewed as a super team. I think the Warriors (for obvious reasons) and Boston are probably the only two franchises that he would get pasted for if he joined.

Nets reporter Nick Friedell was on ESPN just now, and he flat out stated that top to bottom, everyone in the Nets organization blames Kyrie for all of this. talked about how from the beginning of the season, Kyrie's refusal to get vaccinated was a huge negative story that hung over the team and wouldn't go away, and that after he did come back, everything he said and did just made everything worse. He said he's never seen a more unhappy team. He mentioned how James Harden would still be in Philly if Kyrie had just gotten the shot, and the team and their playoff run would have been better, and how none of this would be happening without Kyrie and his insane bullshit. Friedell ended it reiterating that everyone in the franchise blames Kyrie for everything that's already happened/is now happening. 

weird though, because he never mentioned anyone in the organization calling kevin durant a bitch or a pussy, which surely you'd imagine they all would have said. huh. weird.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Zuerst said:

I think the only team that's bad for his image would be warriors... maybe celtics.  But who really gives a shit?  Everyone worth a damn is in the league to get rings.

He can't go to Milwaukee but he isn't going to go play in Wisconsin. Outside of those three he would get varying degrees of shit but if he wins wherever he goes it won't matter.

30 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Nets reporter Nick Friedell was on ESPN just now, and he flat out stated that top to bottom, everyone in the Nets organization blames Kyrie for all of this. talked about how from the beginning of the season, Kyrie's refusal to get vaccinated was a huge negative story that hung over the team and wouldn't go away, and that after he did come back, everything he said and did just made everything worse. He said he's never seen a more unhappy team. He mentioned how James Harden would still be in Philly if Kyrie had just gotten the shot, and the team and their playoff run would have been better, and how none of this would be happening without Kyrie and his insane bullshit. Friedell ended it reiterating that everyone in the franchise blames Kyrie for everything that's already happened/is now happening. 

weird though, because he never mentioned anyone in the organization calling kevin durant a bitch or a pussy, which surely you'd imagine they all would have said. huh. weird.

I agree with you that Kyrie deserves the large majority of blame for this situation but Durant is not blameless. He was the lead agent in getting Kyrie over to Brooklyn, and there were clear warning signs about Kyrie's willingness to march to his own beat even at the time. The chance of this blowing up over any random thing was higher with Kyrie than it would have been with a different player, and this does (imo) impact Durant's legacy. Not the lead cause but a cause of this collapse. Now 100% would not call him a pussy / bitch / etc., over this situation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He can't go to Milwaukee but he isn't going to go play in Wisconsin. Outside of those three he would get varying degrees of shit but if he wins wherever he goes it won't matter.

Agreed, forgot about the Bucks. He will get some shit for sure if he goes to the Suns / Miami / wherever but as long as it's not the Bucks, Celtics, or Warriors I think those calling him out over any given destination would be in the minority.

4 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Why did Durant sign the extension if it was even a possibility he’d leave? He’s really screwing his next team (and himself) if they have to give up a boat load of assets. 

Because he likes money. 

4 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Why did Durant sign the extension if it was even a possibility he’d leave? He’s really screwing his next team (and himself) if they have to give up a boat load of assets. 

Durant is sure as shit not alone in this. Contracts mean nothing in the NBA. It's bizzaro world in which I might actually be rooting for the owners in the next contract dispute. Players forcing trades with multiple years on contracts is fucking ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Durant is sure as shit not alone in this. Contracts mean nothing in the NBA. It's bizzaro world in which I might actually be rooting for the owners in the next contract dispute. Players forcing trades with multiple years on contracts is fucking ridiculous.

Yeah it's fucking stupid. Stars have an insane amount of power. Next CBA might be pretty wild. That said - owners are making tons of money so it may not be a huge issue to them. 

8 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Kd is weird , he feels the need to call out Anyone that talks crap online , he should stop giving a shit .

It’s weird when he does it to nobodies. But when he and other athletes, do it to skip and stephen a’s of the world? Love it

• Like 1

God he is such a bitch, man. I try so hard to like him every year and it's just a fool's errand.

Welcome to the club, man. He’s been on mortal enemies of my Spurs for far longer than he starred at Texas. I appreciated the talent at OKC lost all respect for him when he went to Golden State. Then trying to create a new super team in Brooklyn to this. Mix in his social media foibles and what-not and I don’t like him.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Llogg said:

I'd love to see him go to Miami, Denver, or Portland. Of those Portland makes the least sense as they can't offer enough and aren't good enough. Denver could roll with KD, Murray, and joker playing 3 on 5 and probably make the playoffs. So let them send every pick they can along with 3 starters. Miami, I don't know what they would be willing to offer. Can't see them giving up bam so maybe herro as the centerpiece and a ton of picks. 

Pipe dream but the thought of KD and Jokic teaming up for a few seasons would be basketball bliss.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

People are going off on the Nets for pairing Kyrie with KD but let's get real, the only thing that sunk them was that fucking trade for Harden. They gave away young proven and rising talent along with several valuable picks for a guy who had willingly destroyed a franchise that bent over backwards for his every whim, who had demonstrated absolute disregard for keeping his body in condition to contribute at a high level, and who only ever thrived in pure iso basketball with him as the sole focal point. They would have done just as well if they had traded for Paul Pierce again.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

People are going off on the Nets for pairing Kyrie with KD but let's get real, the only thing that sunk them was that fucking trade for Harden. They gave away young proven and rising talent along with several valuable picks for a guy who had willingly destroyed a franchise that bent over backwards for his every whim, who had demonstrated absolute disregard for keeping his body in condition to contribute at a high level, and who only ever thrived in pure iso basketball with him as the sole focal point. They would have done just as well if they had traded for Paul Pierce again.

Yeah and I feel like they could have appeased KD and Kyrie without making that trade. Like I said in my first comment, KD made a mistake, Brooklyn made more than one and the rest is history. 

I really hope KD isn't doubling down on this shit, though. Get him away from that dude.