THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

4 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Right now I have to think we are probably the one team that nobody would choose to face first.  Our offense was on fire today and the defense was incredibly stingy.  And the score as lopsided as it was, truly did not reflect how lopsided this game was.  We did not even play close to a perfect game, yet totally destroyed a team that I think FSU would have struggled with for example.

We are peaking at the right time, and all we need is that next opportunity. 

Basically all I want for Christmas is two more games! 

That’s what makes it so exciting.  In 2001, I was bummed to not go to the NC game, but not really because I knew we would get our ads kicked.  This is different - I believe this team could win the playoffs!  We could bring that trophy “all the way back to Austin Texas baby!”

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

That’s what makes it so exciting.  In 2001, I was bummed to not go to the NC game, but not really because I knew we would get our ads kicked.  This is different - I believe this team could win the playoffs!  We could bring that trophy “all the way back to Austin Texas baby!”

Wait... championship game in 2001?

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

this is more 2008 than 2001, i'm not scared of fucking anyone.  our team is fucking legit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, linux said:

I don't disagree, but the 09 slander is annoying, I never hated our fanbase more than that year. That team healthy was winning that game by a blowout because Bama was shellshocked. Colt with that screen to Shipley would have scored 50.

Fucking speed option to the short side of the field changed all that. Stupid fucking playcall. 

Just now, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Over on texags some aggy is arguing Bama's loss is better than Texas loss. That's gotta be a troll.

Texas > OU so ergo Bama > Texas

It is like bizarro world where losing to somebody makes you better than them. I can understand why A&M would like that world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Just read the bios of all the committee members. There are zero with any ties to anything SEC. That has to be good. The KSU AD is on there. Not sure if that is good or bad.

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Well he does like $$ and UT getting in helps the B12 coffers and its always better to not set any precedents that could get used against you in the future

Yeah, on the one hand, he has to be somewhat pissed Kansas State was 4th? I think in the B12, and lesser men and women would love to take the chance to really fuck with a former rival leaving the conference.

On the other hand, the B12 would love to have the 2023 national champion for financial and PR reasons, and going forward, he has to be somewhat happy that UT and OU are leaving - if KSU gets their shit together even just a little bit, they are liable to be competing with Okie State to go to the 12-team CFP (unless one of the four new teams joining next year have anything to say about it).

1 minute ago, PDX_Horn said:

Can someone make a plausable argument as to how the fuck we get in over an SEC champion and/or undefeated ACC champion? I’ll hang up and listen but Jesus this committee won’t do us any favors 

50cent-laughing.gif

Just now, UTHornFan014 said:

Don't you even eye test? 

he is a troll. dont feed

• Haha 1

Can someone make a plausable argument as to how the fuck we get in over an SEC champion and/or undefeated ACC champion? I’ll hang up and listen but Jesus this committee won’t do us any favors 

We beat the SEC champion at their place by 10 and we ran the last 7 minutes off the clock to take a knee just outside their 20. We could have easily added another 7 points and left a lot of points on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We’re better than them. Come join me in the newfound light, it feels so good. Break free of the battered Horns syndrome.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

So what is the term Power 5 derived from? Can we please stop calling the ACC a "Power" conference now?

Technically the ACC would be called an "autonomy conference" along with the SEC, B10, B12,  and not Power 5, but the ACC should be demoted down to the Group of Five Six.

It should be like soccer in Europe - if you fuck around too much, you are moved down a level until you perform well and then you can be promoted back up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If the committee uses a blind resume argument then it’s us and FSU due to our H2H with Bama.

If they use an “eye test” then it’s us and Bama.

In a sane world, there’s no defense for keeping us out in any scenario. But I know I won’t believe it until I see it.

13 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Fucking speed option to the short side of the field changed all that. Stupid fucking playcall. 

We love you Greg Davis... 🙄

I used to scream that out after so many dumb calls as the punt team came on...

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Wait... championship game in 2001?

Yes, all sorts of weird shit happened the last couple of weeks to get us into the Big 12 championship game against Colorado and we choked.

Among the weird shit was fuck OU losing to a 3-7 Ok State team led by the great Josh Fields.  Yes, this Josh Fields:

usa_today_10334417.0.jpg

The guy that was traded for this dude:

yordan-alvarez-game-2.jpg

The Josh Fields for Yordan Alvarez is an all-time great blunder.  When it makes its way into a CFP thread, you know you done fucked up.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

Uh, we beat the SEC champion, have the same accolades, and record. Argument over.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yes, all sorts of weird shit happened the last couple of weeks to get us into the Big 12 championship game against Colorado and we choked.

Among the weird shit was fuck OU losing to a 3-7 Ok State team led by the great Josh Fields.  Yes, this Josh Fields:

usa_today_10334417.0.jpg

The guy that was traded for this dude:

yordan-alvarez-game-2.jpg

No, that’s not *that* Josh Fields.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

We're getting in over Alabama or undefeated FSU.

The problem is that Bo Nix is front of us, and if they want to get an SEC team in, either they kick us or Bo Nix out, and they can't take Bama without taking us because H2H, so Bo Nix might have to settle for the Fiesta Bowl.  And the Bo supporters won't go quietly in the night.

College Football GIF by GoDucks

• Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]