Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, TxTower said:

My prediction -

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

Those are the best four teams period.

Well I would put UGA in and UW out for best 4, but I'm 100% sure Washington will be in the top 4 in the CFP rankings and 95% sure UGA will not be in the top 4.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Does anyone know if this "the committee groups teams by three" thing is true?

Ari and David Ubben talked about this last night. Based on their experience in Mock cfp committee, they do group in sets of 3, however at the end there is an opportunity to make changes and iron out things that look off.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’m also still in awe we’re even discussing this right now. 

Also, remembering the, Quinn sucks and fire Sark and PK dipshittery throughout the season.

The dipshittery on this board won't easily go away for me. The degree to which so many railed against Sark & Quinn is exactly the kind of crap that created the clusterf*ck around the Stoops-Elko fiasco.  The UT brain trust 5-10 years would have listened to the these dip shits and run Sark & Quinn out of town. At least we fixed the top.

Kinda like calling someone's mother a whore. You can take it back and apologize. But things are never the same. 

8 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

I'd like to extend a giant fuck you to all the morons leading up to this weekend saying "err mah gerd, we need georgia to win!!!! root for georgia!"

Idiots

Dipshits 2.0.

8 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

And it be because of us.

Re: SEC getting left out of CFP ... because Texas beat the SEC Champion ... the first tangible data point of Texas "ruining" the SEC, beating them ... on the football field . (Pls see Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and TAMU)

We're Texas! 

8 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Actually it is because of aggy. This was supposed to be the first year of the 12 team playoff and it got fucked up by aggy leaking to the other conferences before the meeting to vote on a 12 team playoff that Texas/OU were going to the SEC. So the Alliance formed and blocked the 12 team playoff until the next year as a leverage move. 

Aggy fucked the SEC. Glorious.  

image.png.4f79aedf474b5e75f3d91c7cd5d3c696.png

44 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

This is perfect.  

image.thumb.png.fd44e1903d5fb1297708433456c6f3eb.png

"Florida State and Texas should be rewarded for scheduling and beating LSU and Alabama."

image.thumb.png.34b127e4f1118087a9161a584e1e0e9f.png

So ... today ... I feel a peaceful contentment that I've not felt for a long time.

Texas won the last B12 Championship, to go along w/ winning the first Big 12 Championship, to go with winning the last SWC Championship.

Things are right w/ the world.  People opened their eyes and saw what we already knew.

Long time haters from across the county, the SEC honks, the media mouthpieces, even aggy, like apocalyptic zombies, lining up to sing Texas' praises and jump on the bandwagon.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free

The Committee always follows the path of least resistance, ergo:

1. 17 years of SECSECSEC / Bama fatigue

2. Georgia loses - OUT

3. UM, UDub, FSU win - STAY IN

4. Texas wins and pantsed Bama in game 2

End of story - the only intrigue will be seeding.

Bama plays Ohio State on Jan 1 - ugh but tid what tis. Congrats Longhorns. See y’all down the trail. Interesting road trips ahead!

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Final prediction 

1. Mich

2. Wash

3. Bama

4. FSU

*FSU is not one of the 4 best teams. We would beat them by 21. But there just is no chance the committee leaves them out, or leaves an SEC champ out. 0 fucking percent chance.

This makes no sense. There’s only one conference champion that has a win over another conference champion and that’s Texas. 

Final prediction 
1. Mich
2. Wash
3. Bama
4. FSU
*FSU is not one of the 4 best teams. We would beat them by 21. But there just is no chance the committee leaves them out, or leaves an SEC champ out. 0 fucking percent chance.

lol

One point i don’t see made on espn2 this morning is: not only did Texas beat Alabama…they did it in old school TRUE ROAD GAME FASHION.

Alabamas best win is a neutral game site with half of the stadium being their own fans

I’ve always hated OOC neutral game sites. Oregon vs Alabama in Texas, Indianapolis or Atlanta. WGAF

42 minutes ago, blutow said:

Not so sure, I thought Georgia looked pretty pedestrian yesterday.  I honestly haven't watched them play much this year, so maybe the last couple weeks are a byproduct of some of the injuries or just bad days.  That said, I'm certainly enjoying the desperation coming out of Georgia right now.  I guess it's Kirby's job to fight to the end, but the optics are delightfully pathetic.   

Alabama was just hungrier.

And it was only 27-24.  UGA did have their top 2 receivers (and difference makers) limping on the field and their #3 receiver out as well as a starting offensive lineman.  But UGA knows they are out.  Kirby is just doing his coach speak.

Its a game of inches.  UGA had a FG bounce off an upright.  UGA had a hand on a fumble, but Alabama managed to get in a grab it, leading to an Alabama FG.  Alabama got credit for a catch that wasn't on a 4th and 4 that lead to an Alabama TD.

If any of those 3 close things go the other way, its OT or UGA wins.  I do think Kirby's offensive play calling after the first drive (where they walked down the field) was pretty weak.  Alabama has been burned on deep balls this season and UGA almost never tried, despite two Alabama corners being out.

47 minutes ago, blutow said:

Not so sure, I thought Georgia looked pretty pedestrian yesterday.  I honestly haven't watched them play much this year, so maybe the last couple weeks are a byproduct of some of the injuries or just bad days.  That said, I'm certainly enjoying the desperation coming out of Georgia right now.  I guess it's Kirby's job to fight to the end, but the optics are delightfully pathetic.   

😃

IMG_8308.jpeg

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Final prediction 

1. Mich

2. Wash

3. Bama

4. FSU

Man I was hoping you would come through.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

This makes no sense. There’s only one conference champion that has a win over another conference champion and that’s Texas. 

we're not getting in,, but if we did, that would be a better path

our only weakness is geting beat over the top and washington can do that

meatchicken can't

The funny part is that the CFP are boxed in not because of FSU, but instead for constantly giving teams the benefit of the doubt of potential future wins vs who they played and who they beat.

Oregon was constantly pushed up the rankings because of "style" and the assumption that they would beat Washington in a rematch, which obviously did not happen Friday night.

GA is under the same fallacy. The assumption was that GA would be the SEC champs and so therefore in the end their winning the SEC would justify their lofty ranking. So because of that, they ignored some of the concerns with UGA all season.

So in the end, all of this is tied to the CFP committee bet on the wrong horse twice and Bama losing to Texas dictated the structure that would be used to keep them out.

If everything would have gone chalk, there would be no arguments (unless it would be Texas/FSU) and the SEC is in because of the 4 undefeateds. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah. Look, you cant chalk that Louisville performance up to just FSU's defense. Their players were constantly self tackling with plenty of grass in front of them. They couldn't catch. They constantly ran out of bounds for no reason, even when they could have gotten a first down. And of course their QB was... uh ... special. That was just historically bad offensive football. 

Yeah.  We couldn't believe the UL players running out of bounds in the 3rd and 4th quarters 2 yards short of a first down.  Just NO effort.  And I bet UL wished they had a Case McCoy or Tyrone Swoopes last night!

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

“Making sense” isn’t the committee’s strongsuit. They had Oregon ranked ahead ahead of us because of bo nix’s completion percentage. We might be fucked.

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]