THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Why? Because their qb was a heisman candidate while their back ups struggle vs shitty Florida and shitty Louisville?

If the game last night was exactly the same but with their starter, how would that support the argument that they don’t deserve to get in with a backup?

If you want to say they are out whether they have Travis or not, then that’s an argument that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

You're serious? An undefeated B5 conference winner with their starting quarterback intact gets in without hesitation, even if last night's have ended 2-0 in their favor, and we'd only be talking Bama v. Texas this morning.

Say what.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lousiville is a top 15 team because they play in the ACC. A shit ass conference that Clemson propped up for years now. They masked how bad it was. Also, if Lousiville is your 2nd best team in the ACC, shows how bad it was. They have a "top 20" offense because of ACC and a shit ass OOC schedule, which included the gauntlet of Murray State, Indiana and Kentucky. Lousiville makes Oklahoma State look like prime Bama. Spare me how battle tested FSU was because they won tonight. 

The one thing I learned watching that game, aggy made a horrible decision.

• Haha 2

If the game last night was exactly the same but with their starter, how would that support the argument that they don’t deserve to get in with a backup?
If you want to say they are out whether they have Travis or not, then that’s an argument that makes sense. 

Because Travis has 12 other games of heisman performances that most of us would give them a pass.

3b887684e6e36012f3d677350db23793.jpg

You want to throw rodemaker or Glenn into the fire??

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I know everyone wants Michigan instead of Washington, but not me.  Michigan's defensive front is scary good and will create havoc.  Washington is good and well-coached, but I think vulnerable.  They barely beat an over-rated Oregon team and the Pac10 looked great early in the year but as the season progressed seems over-rated. Texas can beat Washington.

Texas can beat any of these teams. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding, you're saying that you think FSU's spot would still be in question with the exact same resume, even if Travis was healthy?

Yes. He would have them out regardless. I don’t agree but it’s at least an argument you can make. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding, you're saying that you think FSU's spot would still be in question with the exact same resume, even if Travis was healthy?

If they played exactly the same game last night with Travis, that would mean they were an objectively worse team, unless you feel that the third string QB is equal to Travis.

3 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

At the end of day this is just another example of how the NCAA fucked something up.  They have had years to get the playoffs right and did little to nothing to set a playoff format that eliminates speculation. 

This is wrong, The Universities did not want to give the NCAA a March Madness in football. The end.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, G650 said:

If they played exactly the same game last night with Travis, that would mean they were an objectively worse team, unless you feel that the third string QB is equal to Travis.

That in no way answers the question. Would their spot be uncertain this morning with Travis?

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Because Travis has 12 other games of heisman performances that most of us would give them a pass.

How do we know Rodemaker won’t come out and light it up? How do we know any of the other teams can even score on FSU. Cardale won a natty as 3rd string. 

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

This makes sense.

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This does not.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

This feels like Christmas 1977.  I had asked my parents for a Millenium Falcon toy because Star Wars had rocked my world that year.  And they didn't deliver.   I got some lame knock off from Space :1999.

This better not be like 1977.

I wanted a Johnny 7 - One Man Army, and got a Screaming Mee-Mee.

My son wanted a Jurassic Park Bull Rex, and they were nowhere to be found.

Arnold's kid wanted a Turbo Man.

Sucks as a kid. As a parent, you hear it every year. Sucks x 2. 

• Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

That in no way answers the question. Would their spot be uncertain this morning with Travis?

With the exact same result? Yes, I think absolutely it would be up in the air.

You are conflating my take on FSUs worth vs what the committee will do, which aren't the same thing though.

I'm not penalizing FSU for having a backup QB, I'm penalizing them because i don't think they are very good.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

But you can’t judge FSU based on the 3rd string QB when we all know the 2nd stringer will be healthy. He’ll also get a month of reps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Allstate Playoff Predictir odds to make playoffs:

Florida State 97%
Texas 55%
Bama 42%
Ohio State 4%
Georgia 3%

First off, any system that has any percentage for Ohio State or Georgia is severely flawed. They’re both out. Period.

Also, how do you determine “Game Control”? Texas is #2 in that metric that is apparently a big measurement the committee looks at.

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The only argument against FSU involves ignoring the entire season. We have no idea how good they might be with a backup QB. We managed to win some games, against ranked teams, with a backup QB. If Quinn got hurt yesterday should we be out?

We aren’t a top 4 team without Quinn.  Quarterback is the most important position in football and it matters.

And yes we would be out if Quinn had a season ending injury.  I would’ve upset but I would get it.

With that said,  I hope fsu does get in with us as it would be an easier path to win it all.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]