Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

1 minute ago, PilotsError said:

Houston wasn't good either people.  Neither was KState. 

JFC. 

Kstate beat the shit out of UH. Kstate is easily the high end of the second tier behind Texas/OU, along with ISU/KU/OSU.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Was this game much more difficult than it should have been? Yes

Did I have to take a 2nd dose of Losartan in the middle of the 4Q? Absolutely yes. 

Did Texas win? Fuck yes.

Did atm lose? LOL yep.

Fuck it. 

Good Day GIF

Expecting some comedy gold from Kiffin's twitter-sphere.

Edited by sith_horn

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Kstate beat the shit out of UH. Kstate is easily the high end of the second tier behind Texas/OU, along with ISU/KU/OSU.  

A lot of models have KSU and Bama similar in power. Some even have KSU above them.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Based on what?

Like Landry said - just a feeling... and an incredibly shitty win today, with possibly a starting QB who's likely in traction at some Hill Country Resort/Sanitarium surrounded by a bevy of braless coeds... and an RB who is a little hobbled... other injuries... just a feeling

Just now, bschoolprof said:

I wasn't impressed by k-state at all.  They are total dogshit.  With decent coaching and a serviceable QB, we beat them by 30+.  

The big 12 is just warmed over cat vomit this year.  

Sark’s KSU voodoo cannot be overstated. It’ll be a close game, but Texas wins somehow 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic
We drop at least one spot...
Forget all this take the points. That's usually my call, but one of those resulted in a TD. Best case scenario for TTP is +9, -7. And if we had a really good play caller, we should have converted on one of those other 4th and 3s, making it +14 for going for it. We got the horses, we just need a different QB and a better play caller.
But we'll drop a notch in the rankings.
And... WTF is wrong with Ewers, anyhow? Is he gonna be back next week? What are the docs saying? 

e42577ac66856e2ba7adc43539a54a10.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Bama has beaten some decent teams. KSU hasn’t beaten anyone with a pulse.

I definitely think their offense fades against good teams.  Loses It's efficiency when they can't win the LOS.  The defense is good.  Held us to our season low didn't they? (With turnover help)

27 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

This was the type of game I thought Yun and crew would take their shot. I know they had some shit calls / noncalls but what I mean is a game altering call that would screw us over and keep us out of the big 12 championship and playoffs. I was expecting Yun to bump into sark and call unsportsmanlike.

The phatom hold from 25 yards away by the back judge on our FG drive late was supposed to be the drive killer to keep us from scoring at all.   They knew KSU would probably score and end it if they could stop us.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

I definitely think their offense fades against good teams.  Loses It's efficiency when they can't win the LOS.  The defense is good.  Held us to our season low didn't they? (With turnover help)

31 against Wyoming and UH. Season low in points in regulation 

On one hand Sark frustrates me by not taking the points, but on the other hand I like his aggressiveness and in the end we should be able to pick up a yard or two when needed. This game, and the fact that we almost lost was 100% on Malik. Tons of athleticism, but his footwork is horrible. Decision making is suspect, but it was only his 2nd start. I thought overall Sark called a good game and either stupid motion penalties, or Malik just totally missing/throwing behind receivers really hurt us. If he makes those same calls with Quinn the game is a blowout. If Quinn isn't ready next week I start Arch. Let's see what we have as a true backup QB.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I get why Klieman went for it.  It was essentially the same situation KU found themselves in a couple of years ago, and that went their way.  The folksy coach wisdom is to go for two after an OT TD when on the road.   It was almost the same position on the field as a 2 pt try.  Make one play to win the game.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

I get why Klieman went for it.  It was essentially the same situation KU found themselves in a couple of years ago, and that went their way.  The folksy coach wisdom is to go for two after an OT TD when on the road.   It was almost the same position on the field as a 2 pt try.  Make one play to win the game.  

It’s not dissimilar to what we wanted Herman to do in the 4OT loss to OU

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I didn't understand the 3rd down call on the final offensive possession in regular time. 

Brooks ran for 7 yards on 2nd down up the middle. 3rd and 3 you run the same exact play. Give the ball to Brooks up the gut instead of Baxter outside. Sometimes Sark overthinks things. Give the ball to your best RB. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

They’ve been money in the red zone.  We’ve sucked in the red zone. 
Their offense was rolling, ours was limping.  
I give them credit for a ballsy choice but I think their better odds were on going to second OT

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1