Texas vs tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

29 minutes ago, D3zii said:

This is obviously a stepping stone program.

first year we sucked

last year we lost close

this year we win close 

next year: 

Alabama Football GIF by ESPN

This, more or less.

Our OL is still very young; their best playing days are ahead of them. Next year, all those "run it up the gut" short-yardage plays that we struggle with now? They're going our way next year.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Slowinthehead said:

I’m using “starting” as in getting valuable experience against Rice and Wyoming. You appear to be using “starting” as if they’re the only back and getting all or a majority of the carries. Which wasn’t the case. So again, being in on the first snap is irrelevant 

Why would any coach do that over their more experienced back to get him warmed up, like he does with every other position? Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. You don't start ANYONE, regardless of snap counts, over the more talented back who will need the carries so he can get warmed up. He should be relieving Brooks to "get experience", not starting. How is this lost on you? What other coach who win would ever do what you just described? Name a coach who does it for "experience" over their normal starter? Do you think Saban, Smart, Swinney, or anyone else does that? No, they don't. You know why they don't? Because it makes no sense when you need the real starter to get acclimated for the season ahead. Do you think Swinney started Lawrence over Kelly Bryant? Richard Justice over Jase McClellan or Jam Miller? No, you.dont. Because it's irresponsible and stupid as hell. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, troph said:

I assume SEC is mostly 4 man fronts?

Yes.  In the 3 man the NT is usually someone really physical and disruptive, and our C and LG aren't physical. It's a bad bad matchup for us, and those teams in the past were able to handle our running game without committing too many bodies to it. In most modern 4 man fronts there is a DT over the center(A gap), then one in the B gap, but the ends are outside the tackles. Makes it easier get the center some help in a zone blocking scheme. We will struggle against 3 man fronts with a solid NT as long as 65 and 76 are still on the 40. Because the SEC is a physical conference, most teams play defensive schemes the way we do.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This team is better.  Fine.  But the conference is down considerably.   They much is also true. This team is better than last year’s, but still can’t put bad teams away.  That is problematic 

I mean TCU did this all the way to playoffs, soooo 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Have to say I’m confused why Blue hasn’t been the #2 back playing much more, seems like he has broken some decent runs in limited play. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him portal somewhere to get more playing time. And I don’t recall seeing K Rob tonight, what’s the point of having studs if you don’t exercise them

I’d like to see them both get the ball more, although they’re obviously very different backs than Brooks and Baxter. Blue I kinda get, he’s fast but isn’t one to go between the tackles. But K Rob should be in more if for no other reason than to be a decoy. Excellent with the ball in his hands and crazy fast, so you have to account for him

I hate that we keep giving up leads,  but I just take any road win however we can get it. Maybe it's because I'm old and have seen so many highs and lows in my 50+ years, and the last 13 years have been fucking embarrassing.

So I will take 9-1, be happy as hell and pray that somehow Sark can prove all of his doubters wrong (me included).

It could be worse. I could be an aggy

Hook 'em

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The folks that can’t accept the fact that we are weak as babybshit are the same ones in the prediction thread every week saying we are gonna beat so and so 48-13 and shit 🤣

Your baby bitch balls must be the bluest shade of blue ever after the last few weeks. Ready to bust a nut over a loss and spill your vaginal fluid all over the board

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Yea sure, this is a fucking blast. The hundreds agreeing it’s a fucking beating must be wrong and the 3 just happy to be here sheep are always right. Cool story. 

I dunno man, most are just being mad/over dramatic about recent events while you’re stating that this hasn’t been fun in well over a year. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yes, because after this performance the wide receivers are what we need to be worried about.

Like wut?

I'm not talking about the WRs.  I'm talking about Sark's play-calling and refusal to throw over the middle of the field.  Crossing routes, slants, etc. have been non-existent.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dilligas said:

Think I’ve seen this exact sentiment the last few weeks. Believe that’s the problem, fans want domination not what has been delivered

Fans want to beat bad teams.   Not let them scratch and claw their way back and win by the hair on our nuts. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The folks that can’t accept the fact that we are weak as babybshit are the same ones in the prediction thread every week saying we are gonna beat so and so 48-13 and shit 🤣

Let’s see your predictions on W/L this year and see who’s more accurate. This guy’s mad we’re 9-1. No spine on Veterans day, sad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hondo said:

I'm not talking about the WRs.  I'm talking about Sark's play-calling and refusal to throw over the middle of the field.  Crossing routes, slants, etc. have been non-existent.  

Who the hell cares where the passes are going when they are getting completed for huge gains?

200.gif

I get you dislike sark but fuck off. Sweat,  broughton, Jones, worthy, brooks, ford…all signs that the coaching staff is pretty damn good. How did you not stop watching football after the Mack brown years? I bet you were a fucking total beating, cunt then. 

I don’t dislike Sark. He seems like a genuine guy. The question of why OU doesn’t fuck around with inferior opponents like this was posed. Sark and his staff were also outcoached severely in Dallas and that would seem to have something to do with it. If you can’t or won’t see that then I worry about you. Not much else to say here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

A healthy Ewers might  have scrambled for a first down or two tonight. Just one such conversion in the second half could have led to a more comfortable final margin. Hopefully next week Ewers is on a slightly longer leash and Brooks is close to 100%. 

Brooks came in hurt. Looks like the Frogs got the scouting report and put a little extra twist on the ankle. They were trying to hurt Worthy too. I am sure Sark called the plays to protect Ewers. Sark isn't the kind of guy to call a whole quarter's worth of running plays. So I chalk it up to that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Let’s see your predictions on W/L this year and see who’s more accurate. This guy’s mad we’re 9-1. No spine on Veterans day, sad.

What Veterans Day got to do with anything?  Feel free to search it out I’ve hit on every single one minus k state and the scores have all been within a few points 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yes.  In the 3 man the NT is usually someone really physical and disruptive, and our C and LG aren't physical. It's a bad bad matchup for us, and those teams in the past were able to handle our running game without committing too many bodies to it. In most modern 4 man fronts there is a DT over the center(A gap), then one in the B gap, but the ends are outside the tackles. Makes it easier get the center some help in a zone blocking scheme. We will struggle against 3 man fronts with a solid NT as long as 65 and 76 are still on the 40. Because the SEC is a physical conference, most teams play defensive schemes the way we do.

That’s what I thought.

This, more or less.
Our OL is still very young; their best playing days are ahead of them. Next year, all those "run it up the gut" short-yardage plays that we struggle with now? They're going our way next year.

Based on what? Our Oline is not that young. Banks and Cameron are young. Jones is year 6.

10 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Might have something to do with TCU targeting our players with dirty plays all night - especially the Brooks tackle where the defender twisted his knee.

But I'm just speculating here.

No. He specially calling out the fourth quarter play. There is construction and hammering going off in the background and he legit said “is there going to be any more freaking hammering here?” He’s super fucking pissed. I’ve not seen that period. From him. He’s even keel type. He’s conquered a lot of demons to get here and I think we ALL appreciate that. That was a very odd presser. He came in pissed off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The presser is kind of cathartic and brutal at the same time. He’s really passed about something. You can see it in his body language and in everything. I know he’s under a lot of pressure. I’ve never seen him this upset. 

I wonder if he is pissed how the refs all of the sudden stopped calling holding on TCU and throwing flags in general vs TCU in the second half and still tried to fuck us on calls late...

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t dislike Sark. He seems like a genuine guy. The question of why OU doesn’t fuck around with inferior opponents like this was posed. Sark and his staff were also outcoached severely in Dallas and that would seem to have something to do with it. If you can’t or won’t see that then I worry about you. Not much else to say here.

Like the Kansas team they lost to that we beat 40-14? Or the ok state team they lost to that just got beat 45-3 by UCF? Yeah they don’t fuck around with inferior opponents like we do. 
Uh Huh Yes GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

I wonder if he is pissed how the refs all of the sudden stopped calling holding on TCU and throwing flags in general vs TCU in the second half and still tried to fuck us on calls late...

He didn’t say that. He was calling out fourth quarter play. Period. 

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I got bad news for you. TCU will be flat against OU next week, and be crushed by the Sooners. Because they care about their game with us and don’t care about OU. That’s just the deal 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Why would any coach do that over their more experienced back to get him warmed up, like he does with every other position? Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. You don't start ANYONE, regardless of snap counts, over the more talented back who will need the carries so he can get warmed up. He should be relieving Brooks to "get experience", not starting. How is this lost on you? What other coach who win would ever do what you just described? Name a coach who does it for "experience" over their normal starter? Do you think Saban, Smart, Swinney, or anyone else does that? No, they don't. You know why they don't? Because it makes no sense when you need the real starter to get acclimated for the season ahead. Do you think Swinney started Lawrence over Kelly Bryant? Richard Justice over Jase McClellan or Jam Miller? No, you.dont. Because it's irresponsible and stupid as hell. 

With Saban, it’s likely because he has the number one running back in the county every year on their depth chart. With Texas, it could be because they have a relatively unproven back sitting there at the beginning of the year along with the number one rb in the country and planned on playing them both equally. Some freshman running backs show it immediately, most don’t. Is it crazy to think, “let’s see what our number one recruit has the first couple of games?” Then if/when he doesn’t quite “get it,” we can go 70/30 with Brooks. I don’t think many people expected Brooks to be arguably the best running back in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic