Texas vs iowa state - 7pm on Fox

Pancho

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Quinn either being unwilling or unable to run is a pretty big liability.  When they rush 3 drop 8 and all our routes are 10-20 yards down the field if they are not open there are easy yards to be had by exiting the pocket and taking them.  

Reminds me of Maalik... is Quinn scared to get hit?

The thing is: QE is still obviously hurt. You see it on the sidelines. He’s still in pain. He’s holding on to the ball too long and we are getting screwed by the refs. This is a recipe for him to get hurt more. Should we chance this? This isn’t a who is the best QB argument here. It’s a he’s really hurt and the offense is making stupid mistakes bad ref calls notwithstanding. Should we try something different? Or continue to let him play when he’s clearly uncomfortable and not likely to start feeling better? It’s a legit question. I am not knocking on Quinn. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If we had literally any other conference refs, we would be up by 3 TD's 

I mean both called back TD’s would have been called in other conferences also..   I think you meant say if we had competent play calling or a QB that got past his second read before checking down..  We have one of the best receiving corps in the nation but have thrown to middle of the field once, our defense gets ate up by slants and I’m not sure we have ran one all season..

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hook1997 said:

I mean both called back TD’s would have been called in other conferences also..   I think you meant say if we had competent play calling….  We have one of the best receiving corps in the nation but have thrown to middle of the field once, our defense gets ate up by slants and I’m not sure we have ran one all season..

Yes. We have all these great WR's and Ewers can't make a throw down the middle. Plus Sark's play calling is so obvious that any team doesn't need to steal signs to know what's coming 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

We can't defend the slant and we don't throw the slant.  These two things are related.   

This is the post of the night.  We have better athletes and refuse to utilize them.  We also refuse to throw to the middle of the field except for the throw to Whitt at the end of the half.  

• Like 1

Just now, Stunns38 said:

Sam had heart and gave a fuck about winning. Not necessarily a better QB but a much better leader and were sorely missing that.

Well I would argue with you about his talent versus Quinn but you right about his heart. I would love to have a bunch of guys on this offense with the heart that Sam had. Frankly I'm not sure we have one now that Brooks is out.

• Like 1

Dude,   we knew the refs wouldn't be calling a game in our favor when we walked into this stadium, @Mileslong. You can't sit here watching this game and thinking that these refs are what is costing us the game. Is the team not aware of what is happening? They have to be prepared to play better and dominate. They ARE better than this ISU team....so they need to find a way to win. It sucks to be us where everyone gives us their A game and seem to have the refs on their side, but we as a fan base can't whine like we didn't know that wasn't the case. And I sure as hell hope our team doesn't whine either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 936horn said:

Look, I think we still win both this game and against TTU, but the goal should be winning the Big 12 and being content there. Anyone who is being honest with themselves knows this team will get absolutely smoked if we make it to the CFP.

That’s all I’m focused on because that’s all we can control. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic