Texas vs oSu - Big XII Championship - Pre-game Chatter

TrashMaster G

18 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I doubt it’s the last time.

You're right if we end up in the Cotton Bowl in the future 

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I hear you, but I'd say it's likely that the SEC championship game is going to at least occasionally rotate to Arlington.  And since I hope Texas is a regular participant in the SEC championship game, I have to accept we could be playing in Arlington again.

Why would it rotate to Arlington? Title games haven't rotated in years. If it does rotate the SEC title game would most likely be in New Orleans.

2 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

You're right if we end up in the Cotton Bowl in the future 

Why would it rotate to Arlington? Title games haven't rotated in years. If it does rotate the SEC title game would most likely be in New Orleans.

superdome is ass...

Jerry World and Mercedes Benz stadium are far far far superior.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Once again, why would it rotate to Jerry World? Is the Big 12 championship game going somewhere else?

You don't think Jerry would love to host the SEC championship game, and all of the additional cash it would bring him?  

And you don't think the SEC would love to showcase its premier game in the fertile recruiting grounds of Texas on a semi-regular basis? 

I don't think the SEC championship would move to Arlington permanently (despite the fears that some current SEC fans have expressed), but I think it's likely that it will at least occasionally rotate to JerryWorld.

And I'm sure Jerry would find some workarounds for how to position the B12 CCG in those years.  That's the easiest bit.

39 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

We've made everyone else eat shit for their comments this season. Let's keep that train rolling

This is what Gundy said as a summary about Texas too:

“They’re this way all the time.  They’ve been this way for a long time. When I first started playing them as a head coach 20 years ago, Mack Brown was the coach. They were top five in the country pretty much every year for a while. They got good players. I got a lot of respect for them. Sark does a good job. They’re well-coached.”

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Big 12 would just rotate to Houston those years (or maybe Kansas City but I think they want to avoid cold weather these days).

Also a little interesting that we chose our white uniforms as the home team (I'm assuming we got to choose and it wasn't a coin flip).

We've done well in the icy whites so I'll take it.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Big 12 would just rotate to Houston those years (or maybe Kansas City but I think they want to avoid cold weather these days).

Heck with the state of Florida in the B12 footprint, they might explore hosting it in the Sunshine State every now and then.

1 minute ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

If we're being perfectly honest, a large metroplex high school stadium would probably suffice for the Big 12 championship game after this year. Then Jerry world would be available for the SEC game. Problem solved!

In that case, they may as well just do what the G5 championship games do and the higher seed hosts

1 minute ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

If we're being perfectly honest, a large metroplex high school stadium would probably suffice for the Big 12 championship game after this year. Then Jerry world would be available for the SEC game. Problem solved!

And to help attendance they can make it a doubleheader at Allen stadium after an Allen playoff game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I love the icy whites, but why would we not be the home team in this game? We are the number 1 seed. 

Number 1 seed gets to choose what jerseys they wear, and I'm assuming we chose white because of the success we've had in those jerseys this year (and past years for that matter). Remember back in '18 when OU was the one seed; they chose to wear those ugly ass cream colored alternate uniforms instead of their home jerseys because they didn't want us to be able to wear the Storm Troopers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Homercles said:

“They’re this way all the time.  They’ve been this way for a long time. When I first started playing them as a head coach 20 years ago, Mack Brown was the coach. They were top five in the country pretty much every year for a while. They got good players. I got a lot of respect for them. Sark does a good job. They’re well-coached.”

tl;dr

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Thank the fuck Christ it's our last time ever playing at Jerry World. Fuck his ticket prices, his 55 dollar minimum parking over at the rangers parking lots, his "buy a 75 dollar permit online to park closer" bullshit and fuck the city of Arlington with their no public transportation! At least when we make the SEC title game in the future the Mercedes Benz Stadium is easier to get to(is literally in downtown ATL) and has better prices parking wise or we could walk to the stadium.

I heard a blip from Erin Hogan that they're hosting the show from J. Gilligan's that morning and will have free shuttle rides to the stadium from there, so that might be an option. Not sure what we'll do yet.

But yes, Arlington sucks ass and I would never set foot in that city otherwise. In fact, I lived in Dallas proper for 12 years and only ventured there twice to meet up with friends who were working in Ft. Worth and to go to a Ranger game.

Edited by TankedBevo

I've taken Atlanta's train to Mercedes Benz Stadium. It was fantastic and super easy.

Arlington's hatred of transit and their love of massive parking lots is insane.

Any city that has a functioning light rail system should be required to connect massive stadiums to the system.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I've taken Atlanta's train to Mercedes Benz Stadium. It was fantastic and super easy.

Arlington's hatred of transit and their love of massive parking lots is insane.

Any city that has a functioning light rail system should be required to connect massive stadiums to the system.

Agree with this. Fucking stupid that Dart rail, TexRail or TRE don't have a station in Arlington. But those fucks don't want metro rails or public transportation because then they lose out on all that parking revenue. Fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/38997541/wrestler-cm-punk-return-helps-wwe-crush-social-media-record

As part of the partnership, the game's most outstanding player will receive a custom-made WWE championship title belt, and a co-branded WWE X Big 12 logo will appear throughout the stadium and on the field. The Big 12 Conference and WWE will also collaborate on a Big 12 championship merchandise line, which will be available online and at the stadium's team stores.

As if the Mickey Mouse championship belt for the MVP wasn't enough, the conference is going to sell WWE Merch and have signage all over JerryWorld to put the cherry on top of this Banana Republic title game.  Screw this conference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Which means he’s only got one less than Texas

Maybe you're thinking of Mack Brown's 2?  Texas has 3 total, the first one in 1996 under Mackovic.

It's still an embarrassingly small number, especially compared to our archrival, which is precisely why I want Texas to win this last one so badly.  After that the chips will fall where they may, but I desperately want to see Texas take this one last opportunity to win the B12 championship in football.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, LonghornedD said:

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/38997541/wrestler-cm-punk-return-helps-wwe-crush-social-media-record

As if the Mickey Mouse championship belt for the MVP wasn't enough, the conference is going to sell WWE Merch and have signage all over JerryWorld to put the cherry on top of this Banana Republic title game.  Screw this conference.

I would buy a stone cold Steve Austin flipping off Brett Yormark shirt. Or possibly a shirt of Tim Weiser taking a rock bottom off a steel cage. I suppose if it looked good, I would even buy an Undertaker giving Kevin Mar a tombstone... while Mar is on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Maybe you're thinking of Mack Brown's 2?  Texas has 3 total, the first one in 1996 under Mackovic.

It's still an embarrassingly small number, especially compared to our archrival, which is precisely why I want Texas to win this last one so badly.  After that the chips will fall where they may, but I desperately want to see Texas take this one last opportunity to win the B12 championship in football.

Team Big 12
Championships
Years
Oklahoma 14 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Baylor 3 2013, 2014, 2021
Texas 3 1996, 2005, 2009
Kansas State 3 2003, 2012, 2022
Nebraska* 2 1997, 1999
Colorado* 1 2001
Oklahoma State 1 2011
TCU 1 2014
Texas A&M* 1 1998
BYU 0  
Cincinnati 0  
Houston 0  
Iowa State 0  
Kansas 0  
Missouri* 0  
Texas Tech 0  
UCF 0  
West Virginia 0

Indeed

• Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:
Team Big 12
Championships
Years
Oklahoma 14 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Texas 3 1996, 2005, 2009
Nebraska* 2 1997, 1999
Colorado* 1 2001
Oklahoma State 1 2011
TCU 1 2014
Texas A&M* 1 1998
BYU 0  
Cincinnati 0  
Houston 0  
Iowa State 0  
Kansas 0  
Missouri* 0  
Texas Tech 0  
UCF 0  
West Virginia 0

Indeed

We're tied with Baylor...and all three of their's have come since 2010. Fuck post-2005 Mack for the position he put this program in. 

• Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:
Team Big 12
Championships
Years
Texas 3 1996, 2005, 2009
Nebraska* 2 1997, 1999
Colorado* 1 2001
Oklahoma State 1 2011
TCU 1 2014
Texas A&M* 1 1998
BYU 0  
Cincinnati 0  
Houston 0  
Iowa State 0  
Kansas 0  
Missouri* 0  
Texas Tech 0  
UCF 0  
West Virginia 0

Indeed

The ones we really should have had -- 2001 (Simms choke), 2006 (McCoy injury), 2008 (Stoops sewing circle)

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I'm shocked that the state hasn't re-allocated some infrastructure funds to build a better stadium in NOLA. Guess it's already all going to the LSU NIL efforts. 

Half of all government money in Louisiana goes into someone's brother-in-law's pocket.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

What an asshole. I can’t wait to make him eat those words

wait, what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

I don't give my Pokes much of a chance in this one. But the fact so many Gooners are openly cheering on the Horns and having such a hard time with how this whole thing has played out, it's still a memorable season. 

I've never seen - in all my years - Sooner fans this ugly going into bowl season. They are really having a hard time processing this and it's hilarious. 

This, we can absolutely agree on. Just like what we went through in 2008. But it's funny this time, because it's happening to them!

Edited by Rimbo

21 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The last decade notwithstanding, Texas had opportunity after opportunity back in the Mac Brown hey days to not only pick up at least  3 or 4 more conference titles, but also deny OUsux a number of them as well at the same time, but could never quite close the deal (usually against lesser opponents)unless we had an MNC caliber team. It was infuriating.

2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2013, 2018 were all within reach and we even beat ou in 2006, 2008, 2013, and 2018.

Ou did their share of bed shitting but not like Texas.

Let's get this one.

• Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, LonghornedD said:

Wait, this is real? That's not a real thing, right? I don't understand this. The Big 12 is partnering with the WWE? That has to be some sort of troll job.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

You don't think Jerry would love to host the SEC championship game, and all of the additional cash it would bring him?  

And you don't think the SEC would love to showcase its premier game in the fertile recruiting grounds of Texas on a semi-regular basis? 

I don't think the SEC championship would move to Arlington permanently (despite the fears that some current SEC fans have expressed), but I think it's likely that it will at least occasionally rotate to JerryWorld.

And I'm sure Jerry would find some workarounds for how to position the B12 CCG in those years.  That's the easiest bit.

b12 on Friday night. 

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wait, this is real? That's not a real thing, right? I don't understand this. The Big 12 is partnering with the WWE? That has to be some sort of troll job.

Narrator Morgan Freeman: “it’s not.”

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1 minute ago, thunderlounge said:

b12 on Friday night. 

Narrator Morgan Freeman: “it’s not.”

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You missed the announcement? Earl Hebner and crew will be officiating the game. Oklahoma State OL will have to pin Texas DL for 3 seconds before being called for holding.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2