2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

1 hour ago, TotallyLegit said:

Something that is flat has a side and an "other side". Something that is round has infinite sides. You just proved the flat earthers right.

Do you even Riemannian geometry, bro?

49 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

I migrated over from shaggy. I’ve been on surly now since damn near day one. Maybe day 2. The point I’m trying to make here is that I love this site too. It holds a lot of sedimental value to me.

The mass migration in 24 hours was amazing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

https://therealdeal.com/texas/austin/2024/01/23/ut-football-coach-steve-sarkisian-lists-austin-home-for-5-8m/

Sark putting house in Rollingwood on the market…..moving on up!

They put that house up awhile back, it was originally listed at 7 mill. They bought some $7 million in Westlake

Edited by Michael Knight

4 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Rock puns? You guys are real crazy. Look out for these guys.

I can make rock puns. I can tell Aggy jokes. Hell, I can just call you all chicken-fuckers.

Got any UT coaching staff news, CHICKEN-FUCKERS?

portia de rossi dancing GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

Presumably, Bill Belichick didn’t work up a résumé after he parted ways with New England earlier this month.

That’s because, again presumably, his 302 regular-season victories, his 31 playoff victories, his 20 double-digit-win seasons, his 17 division titles, his nine Super Bowl appearances and his six Vince Lombardi Trophies don’t need to be bullet-pointed and uploaded on ZipRecruiter.

Or maybe they do.

Seven NFL teams (not including New England) had or still have an opening for a head coach: Atlanta, Carolina, Las Vegas, the Los Angeles Chargers, Seattle, Tennessee and Washington. At least five more had to have had some kind of serious discussion about making a move: Chicago, Dallas, both New York teams and Philadelphia.

Thus far, only one — Atlanta — has bothered to formally interview arguably the greatest and most accomplished coach in NFL history.

We are still looking for a d-line coach, right? Maybe we could also make him run defense coordinator, just to make him feel important.

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Not pulling for it. But would be funny to take the dt coach from aggie. Sark did this with choice who was shortly at USC til Texas came calling.

Hiring E-Rob would probably make them go ballistic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Steve Sarkisian really wants to up the level of recruiting they have seen on the interior DL.

While Bo Davis was a terrific coach, he didn't exactly leave the cupboard full at his position. Perhaps it's the only position on the team right now that doesn't have an abundance of talent in the underclass ranks.

Whoo boy, whoever this Steve Sarkisian guy is better not bring that line of thinking into the Surly recruiting forum. We were told not to question Bo Davis and his recruiting results.

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock
  • Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin (IT) reporting that Joe DeCamillis is not expected back next season. Hes looking for a return to the NFL. 

I coach against his son-in-law in little league baseball. I have never seen a family wear more burnt orange at every opportunity in my entire life.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin (IT) reporting that Joe DeCamillis is not expected back next season. Hes looking for a return to the NFL. 

The good news is there’s so much staff overhaul in the NFL that there should be a lot of candidates for similar analyst roles 

• Hook 'Em 1

He's coaching one of the DLs at the senior bowl next week.

Edit to add - looking at his Twitter and just about every big time DL recruit from the past few cycles follow him (he was at WKU, I'd doubt they were being recruited to there). I've not heard his name much, but players and prospects clearly know him. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

What an underwhelming hire

i'm not trying to be all "TRUST THE CORCHES" but at this point if they followed the same process they followed to hire Jackson i think it's worth trusting them.

edit: that line should have said hope it's worth trusting them

plus, the guy is literally an astromech. dude has seen a lot of shit and can do calculations you've never even considered when it comes to evaluating and recruiting talent.

giphy.gif

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Played at Gardner Webb. 

Coaching gig at Berry College for a while.

Coached 5 years at Mercer. 

Coached a year at Chattanooga.

Coached 3 years at WKU.

Gets an assistant to the assistant gig at the Dolphins for a year.

Now he's replacing Bo Davis at one of the most important position coaching roles at a college blue blood.

Seems awesome. I expect this dude to fucking crush it. 

spacer.png

• Haha 5