TNF - Cowboys v. Seahawks

'stache

Ferguson is starting to look like a legit stud. I wish Dallas could get a Metcalf type bigass fast receiver to pair with Lamb. 

Which makes using a 2nd round pick on another TE even more baffling. Could have found a guy with Schoonmaker talent way down the rounds. Could have gotten a guy there who could be contributing and starting right now. Don't remember who was still available. 1st 2 picks have been duds
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, 'stache said:

D was awful for my fantasy team but got it done when it mattered. Fuck Philly, someone better find a fucking way around mccarthys dumbassesness.

Sorry it's cause this is the first week I'm not playing against them across all 10 of my leagues.  

8 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That really seemed like a game the Cowboys were destined to lose.

After playing like shit for three-and-a-half quarters, the D seals it with three-consecutive fourth-down stops at midfield. Who woulda thunk it?

Could have iced it after Bland's interception, but pissed away that possession.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:
How you gonna let 11 get a free run (TOTALLY unblocked) at your QB in that situation?

RB was supposed to step in and help. He went the wrong way. All they needed him to do was chip and slow him down.

Kearse walking up and occupying a gap changed their protection scheme and they messed it up. The back in pass pro situations is told to block inside out and the back saw Kearse occupy the guard and before he could react outside Parsons was by him. Can't really put that on him I don't think, seems protection should have slid out, but tough to know without knowing the line call. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Kearse walking up and occupying a gap changed their protection scheme and they messed it up. The back in pass pro situations is told to block inside out and the back saw Kearse occupy the guard and before he could react outside Parsons was by him. Can't really put that on him I don't think, seems protection should have slid out, but tough to know without knowing the line call. 

I didn’t think the back could have made it from the other side even if it was his responsibility.

hell, the motion man was already running and couldn’t get to 11 before he got beyond him.

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 minutes ago, TOR said:
Could have iced it after Bland's interception, but pissed away that possession.

Not sure that ices it if we score. We were down 1. Even scoring and going for 2, we would only be up 7. With now Seattle was scoring all night, that's nothing.

Good point, the defense was on their heels until late in the 4th.

1 hour ago, chemHORN said:

That stadium is terrible for football.  Sound just dissappears in it.  It's great for the country club crew but as far as gameday atmosphere, it lacks.  

Sound on Amazon has been fucked up all year long,

Are herbstreit and Al Michaels actually at the stadium or are they in a studio somewhere

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

No, the back was the intended receiver but he got out late and then lost in the trash with Dlaw occupying him.  The design was for Micah to rush free and hit the back in the flat.  They fucked around and found out with Parsons speed.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No, the back was the intended receiver but he got out late and then lost in the trash with Dlaw occupying him.  The design was for Micah to rush free and hit the back in the flat.  They fucked around and found out with Parsons speed.

Looks like Geno Smith confirmed their call was to squeeze inside and leave the edge free and sneak the back past him. In that case the back fucked up because his first steps looked like he was looking to block inside when he should have immediately shot out at the snap to the flat. Can't wait around against that speed if the edge is intentionally left free. Should have just run a screen.