Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hey, @immamac

Let's auction off my mint-condition, Surly Horns 1969 magazine issue #1. It's the original version with the Raquel Welch spread that was removed after reader's wives complained. 

It should easily fetch somewhere in the $450-$650 range.

Surly-Horns-Magazine.jpg   

Please don’t associate the great Ernie Koy Jr. with the mockery.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 2

This is week 10 UW vs Utah.  Utah was top 10 defense in the country at the time.  #1 in 3rd down defense.  #1 across the board in Pac 12 defense (not hard I know).  

They pressured Penix all game and his stats sucked in this game.  I know UT is way better than Utah, but it should give you guys an idea of what's possible.  

https://youtu.be/pmzxeulBypA?si=thNWxy2cUF7PIanX

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

This is week 10 UW vs Utah.  Utah was top 10 defense in the country at the time.  #1 in 3rd down defense.  #1 across the board in Pac 12 defense (not hard I know).  

They pressured Penix all game and his stats sucked in this game.  I know UT is way better than Utah, but it should give you guys an idea of what's possible.  

idiot, this is week 16

• Haha 3

Interesting.   They are

• 70th in yards per rush allowed (not on the chart above)
  • 83rd on third down
  • 70th in the red zone scoring %age allowed (not on chart), and
  • 129th in sack %age (not on chart) despite facing a lot of passes

doesn't say a lot about their DL. 

it's actually kinda fascinating that they've done as well as they have defensively this year, especially in the last game. 

For example, Oregon is 3rd nationally in 3rd down conversion (51%), but was 3-10 on 3rd down in the P12CG. 

One possible explanation is that Oregon isn't as explosive on offense as they have been in years past.   Idk. 

UW held Oregon to 31 and 33, but Oregon was also held to:

• 31 by Oregon State (ranked 38th nationally in points allowed per play)
  • 35 by Utah (36th)
  • 36 by USC(!) (113th)
  • 38 by Tech (76th)
  • 38 by Wazzu (74th) 

UW's DFEI (adjusted) and points per play allowed are both 27th in the country.  So they perform well as a defensive unit (about as good as Iowa State (28th and 26th), and just below OU, based on those metrics), despite the red stats above.   They basically stymie the passing attack (23rd in opp. passer rating) without getting sacks, and they suck against the run, but everyone passes against them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

lol, fine ok.  This will be my last post.  You guys obviously don't want me here.  Not sure what week 16 means and why you need to call me an idiot, but oh well.  I was just trying to have some productive discussions about this interesting game coming up.

The video was just supposed to provide some good insight into what a competent defense can do to Penix.  I think he was 10-22 passing at one point.  

Good luck fellas.  Sorry I couldn't be more friendly apparently.  

We tend to crowdsource opposing fans who suck very quickly, like within an hour.   You’ve managed to stick around for a week, which tells me you are probably ok.   Feel free to continue to participate in the discussion.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

lol, fine ok.  This will be my last post.  You guys obviously don't want me here.  Not sure what week 16 means and why you need to call me an idiot, but oh well.  I was just trying to have some productive discussions about this interesting game coming up.

The video was just supposed to provide some good insight into what a competent defense can do to Penix.  I think he was 10-22 passing at one point.  

You're good. Just some light harassment. 

24 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're good. Just some light harassment. 

Speaking of you’re getting a bit over on their board. I loved the “I don’t care” comment especially. You’ve taken some solid content to them. I swear to a poster they think they are gonna smoke us. Yet we are the arrogant ones.

Edited by troph

32 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Actually we do. We just show love in unconventional ways.

You see, a pimps love is very different from that of a square.

39 minutes ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

mike judge advertisement GIF by Maudit

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

Is this game/team a big deal in Seattle?  Legitimately curious of the vibe.  

1 minute ago, EastHorn said:

Is this game/team a big deal in Seattle?  Legitimately curious of the vibe.  

Based on the obsession with the slur “f*g” and “f*gg*t” on their boards I’m guessing WA football is a bigger deal in the rural east. Seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, troph said:

Haha I had a jack handy comment in there and revised to the mental health mafia.  
husky, don’t worry about it, I’ve quit this hellhole several times, they’ve even made me cry. Stick around. 

One of my SNL favorites...

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.” 

- Jack Handey

• Haha 1

I'm starting to see a few talking heads talk themselves into Washington winning this thing, even ones who initially leaned Texas.

I'd say if they all get onboard the Husky train next week that bodes well for us. Chips on shoulders can win games, the Big 12 has proven that throughout its existence..including our win in the very first CCG against a heavily favored corn team.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

no please don't go. I was just playin'

image.gif.730864bf0decf3d7f2ae8e2dac27796b.gif

9 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’ve only visited Seattle a couple times, but I didn’t get a college football vibe at all 

When I visited extended family there, they described the vibe as more of a soccer town than anything.  I think the hierarchy is  Sounders > Mariners > Seahawks > Huskies.    

28 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Good god that Hardcorehusky board is delusional.  They apparently think that all three of their receivers are better than Worthy. What a really strange fan base Washington has. 

Lol. Every big board has X and AD both going before their 2nd receiver. 

30 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Good god that Hardcorehusky board is delusional.  They apparently think that all three of their receivers are better than Worthy. What a really strange fan base Washington has. 

Worthy has his issues at times, but he is arguably the hardest cover in college football. 

• Hook 'Em 6

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic