2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, ScottS said:

Well, it is not a 90s musician, but a third musician has gone to the great recording studio in the sky.

Doug Ingle, Iron Butterfly Founder Who Sang and Co-Wrote ‘In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida,’ Dies at 78

In-a-Gadda-da-Vida had to be one of the best rock icon songs in history.  And if you were lit, it was even better....

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Genuinely sad. RIP.

This will end up being a political football no matter how his loved ones will feel about it.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/johnny-wactor-of-general-hospital-shot-and-killed-in-downtown-los-angeles-report/amp/

Yes....but did you know that the prime suspect is.....HIS LONG-LOST IDENTICAL TWIN????!!!???!?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

55 minutes ago, Stella Link said:

In-a-Gadda-da-Vida had to be one of the best rock icon songs in history.  And if you were lit, it was even better....

The Simpsons version was actually my favorite.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Genuinely sad. RIP.

This will end up being a political football no matter how his loved ones will feel about it.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/johnny-wactor-of-general-hospital-shot-and-killed-in-downtown-los-angeles-report/amp/

Why would it become a "political football" unless random people on a Texas message board try to make it one? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ScottS said:

Well, it is not a 90s musician, but a third musician has gone to the great recording studio in the sky.

Doug Ingle, Iron Butterfly Founder Who Sang and Co-Wrote ‘In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida,’ Dies at 78

2 hours ago, Stella Link said:

A staple in my8-track collection.

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn…he’s literally the biggest Dead Head. I always enjoyed hearing about his impact on the 86 Celtics. He’s up there hanging out with Jerry, Keith, Brent, Pigpen, Hunter and Barlow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My first three albums (err actually 8-tracks) was Steppenwolf, Cream Wheels of Fire, and InAGadda Da Vida.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn didn’t even know Walton was sick.  RIP

Apparently, some sort of cancer.  I'm guessing he kept that information to close family and what not.  Sorry to hear that, he was a unique voice in sports.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Walton was annoying as shit as a player late in his career and equally annoying as an announcer early in his career.  But I have to admit I admired the shit out of the guy for his outlook on life.  He came across as a genuinely great person and would be a hell of a good dude to hang out with.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Walton was annoying as shit as a player late in his career and equally annoying as an announcer early in his career.  But I have to admit I admired the shit out of the guy for his outlook on life.  He came across as a genuinely great person and would be a hell of a good dude to hang out with.

You must be a Rockets fan. Walton was great in 85-86. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, Nicole44 said:

Genuinely sad. RIP.

Are we sure it wasn't just a dream sequence?

bobby-ewing-dallas.gif

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jim Otto, the iconic center of the Oakland Raiders for 15 seasons, has passed away at the age of 86. The Raiders announced his death on Sunday night, May 19, without disclosing the cause.

Otto, an original Raider known for his distinct “00” jersey and remarkable durability, started with the team in its first season in the American Football League (AFL) in 1960 and remained until 1974. He holds a record of 210 continuous games, marking his dedication and tenacity. During his tenure with the Raiders, Otto received nine First-Team All-AFL honors and was chosen for the Pro Bowl three times after the AFL-NFL merger.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Cardiac arrest from vigorous sex with a 35 year old cougar.

What makes it all the more impressive is that he was in the middle of a summit attempt at El Capitan.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

John Madden said Larry Allen was the best football player he ever saw. Gone too young. RIP Larry.

Imagine being so good at something you are in the Hall of Fame, now imagine being elite among that group.  That was Larry Allen.  I wasn't a Cowboy fan or anything, but I remember him being the best I ever saw.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Imagine being so good at something you are in the Hall of Fame, now imagine being elite among that group.  That was Larry Allen.  I wasn't a Cowboy fan or anything, but I remember him being the best I ever saw.  

i seent it GIF

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Now imagine John Madden singled you out among that group for your effort. That was Larry Allen.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty sure I made a post last fall saying how remarkable it was that all three astronauts who flew Apollo 8 were still alive.

I think Frank Borman died literally the next day and now we’ve lost 2.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Pretty sure I made a post last fall saying how remarkable it was that all three astronauts who flew Apollo 8 were still alive.

I think Frank Borman died literally the next day and now we’ve lost 2.

Well stop fucking clapping, Bono....and talk about how remarkable it is that Jerry Jones is still alive.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2